Beta 2: Device Performance - Experience crashes in the first build?

Sylvanta

Question

Greeting and Salutations!

I know a number of you had some performance issues with the Beta 1 build.  As you download Beta 2 and start playing, I'd like to hear feedback on the performance.  Has it improved?  Is it the same? Worse? (hopefully improvements all around!)

When you respond, if you can provide your device make and model (and model # if you can find it) so we can keep track.  I expect performance improvements with this build, but only you folks can say for certain! :)

Note: (Android Only) If you have issues loading Beta 2 in the sense that you get stuck on the "powered by Unity" loading screen, this is a different issue.  Device information, however, is especially helpful here as well! Feel free to throw such issues into this thread, but please clarify that it's the issue with getting stuck on the loading screen. :)

18 answers to this question

I don't have my serial number, as I returned that tablet, but I DID see stability and performance increases from Beta 1 to Beta 2.  Beta 1 was unplayable for me - I crashed before completing a single encounter before, whereas I was able to complete Brigandoom! and Poison Pill without a hiccup last night.

System specs below

Dragon Touch X10

Android 5.1 Lollipop
CPU: 1.8 GHz Cortex A7

GPU: PowerVR SGX544

RAM: 1GB

Pathfinder Adventures testing machine:

NVIDIA SHIELD K1

CPU: ARM Cortex A15 2.2GHz

GPU: NVIDIA Tegra K1 

RAM: 2GB

Update downloaded by itself, performance is better other than issues noted on another thread.

Using Samsung Galaxy Avant phone.

Android system 4.4.2

• System Chip  Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 8226
  • Processor:
    • Quad-core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A7
  • Graphics processor:
      • Adreno 305
  • System memory:
    • 1536 MB RAM
  • Built-in storage:
    • 16 GB
  • Like 1

RCA Pro 10 1.4 GHz  Quad Core, 1 GB Ram

App still runs very slow and I crash to "desktop" with no message about 4-5 times per scenario.  Sometimes I don't even get to load the scenario before I'm seeing my wallpaper.

Please don't release this on the 23rd or everyone is going to rate this great game as a 1 due to performance issues and not see all the hard work you guys put into it.

App still runs very slow and I crash to "desktop" with no message about 4-5 times per scenario.  Sometimes I don't even get to load the scenario before I'm seeing my wallpaper.

Please don't release this on the 23rd or everyone is going to rate this great game as a 1 due to performance issues and not see all the hard work you guys put into it.

Can you provide the specific model #?  I'd like to look more into this.

The entire game crashed.  It started with little things.  Enlarged cards not appearing when chosen, increased goblin strength disappearing when weapon chosen to fight it.  Then cards chosen to fight would not grant extra dice.  Finally the game locked up, while Valeros was doing a combat check.  Nothing I tried got get the game to restart and after going to the main menu, continue, quest and story did not work.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I had to replay the tutorial, which did not give me the option of closing locations when the villain was discovered. By gold was restored, but I could not access Seoni or Valeros as I had no access to experienced characters. I hope that will come later.  Also all previous saved games are gone.

Edited by Acamp1

The entire game crashed.  It started with little things.  Enlarged cards not appearing when chosen, increased goblin strength disappearing when weapon chosen to fight it.  Then cards chosen to fight would not grant extra dice.  Finally the game locked up, while Valeros was doing a combat check.  Nothing I tried got get the game to restart and after going to the main menu, continue, quest and story did not work.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I had to replay the tutorial, which did not give me the option of closing locations when the villain was discovered. By gold was restored, but I could not access Seoni or Valeros as I had no access to experienced characters. I hope that will come later.  Also all previous saved games are gone.A

A few questions:

1. Is this on your Avant?

2. How long was the play session? (estimated)

3. Was the app left open for a long time?

4. Did you have a lot of other apps open?

5. Did you try restarting the device before uninstalling?

I, conveniently, also have access to an Avant, so I'll be sure to check it out on there if that is the issue.  (Even though we don't officially support phones yet - now i need to know! ;))

1/ Yes on Avant

2/ About an hour, multiple scenarios

3/ Yes play session was about an hour

4/ Messenger and I Heart Radio were open

5/ No did not restart device

I was able to access Seoni and Valeros after the second scenario Poison Pill

Can you provide the specific model #?  I'd like to look more into this.

RCT6103W46

In other news I just got the Samsung S7 phone and the app is working beautifully on it.  I haven't had a single crash on it yet.  It makes me believe more that it is a low RAM issue.

I couldn't transfer any data except gold and already purchased store products.  I have had some minor game bugs that I believe people have pointed out such as when moving from B to 1 the characters sometimes reset to new characters and lose their power feat and decks.   Another bug I found is - when you reveal a card, then switch to a stat that isn't going to use an ability of the revealed card, the revealed card sits on the board for the rest of the game and the game starts to act weird (I don't remember, but this might have actually caused a crash on my phone).

Edited by Balkar

New test subjects.

Samsung Galaxy S2: the game is running very smootly. Allmost the same level as iPad Air 2, but not quite.

Android Mini: the game start nicely, but does not respond to the mouse clicks. It most likely is issue between game engine and Android Mini os that is modified desktop version of normal Android. All other games that I have tried with Bluetooth keyboard has worked, but for some reason this one does not come along well with it. The mouse cursor is moving around nicely, but no responce to mouse left click.

Update one new device more...

Samsung Galaxy tab 4

Sluggish and slow but working.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV