Beta 2 Patch Notes

Darren Monahan

Question

Hi everyone!

We're pushing out a new build this evening for you! Please note, if you're playing the iOS version, it may take a few hours before you receive a message from TestFlight letting you know a new build is available. Generally, when we post new builds, Android versions become available quickly and iOS builds require some processing on Apple's side before they become available, which usually takes several hours.

Thank you to all of you who have been posting your feedback here - we're sincerely appreciate it and the team has been discussing lots of different points that have been brought up, and some items mentioned have been addressed in this new build. Below are patch notes:

Beta 2 Fixes
Accounts and Store

• Account Creation and Login
    • Passwords now properly masked
    • Text being copied to other fields should be resolved
    • You can now tell which field is in focus
    • Facebook logins should now work properly
    • Error messages more visible
  • Store Flow and Purchases
    • Store has been revamped
    • Gold icons now look like gold
    • iOS users can now purchase Adventure Decks

Gameplay

• General
    • You can no longer accidentally overwrite saves when progressing from tutorial directly into Brigandoom
    • Character progression loss between scenarios should be resolved
    • No more peaking at the top card of a location deck randomly
    • When forced to bury a card from discard, you are no longer able to close the tray prematurely (affects Goblin Warrior, Goblin Raider, Bugbear and similar)
    • Now able to recharge spells used on other characters
    • Give Card now correctly only allows you to give a single card instead of two.
  • Villains
    • Villains now properly Monsters
    • Erylium's If Undefeated check no longer breaks progression
  • Difficulty
    • Retaliation Wildcard
      • No longer triggered when defeating Poison Trap Henchmen
  • Other Card Fixes
    • Dice no longer invisible for Sneak's Before You Act check
    • Dagger +1 now usable to aid a check with a weapon
    • Medusa Mask no longer works on Poison Trap

Quest Mode

• Quest Mode now grants the proper amount of experience
  • Adding characters in Quest Mode no longer makes it appear that you have duplicate characters

UI

• ?! icon in Tutorial removed.
  • Jumbled message appearing when losing a scenario resolved
  • Some cards missing art now have art again
  • Acid Arrow text in the tutorial updated
  • When completing scenario, gold reward now visually updates
  • Issues opening character sheet when trying to Banish a card on 4:3 aspect ratios resolved
  • Button toggles now more obvious

Dialogue

• Ripnugget no longer masquerades as Gogmurt

Known Issues
Gameplay

• Booster cards can appear in lower level scenarios than intended
  • Villains Gogmurt, The Skinsaw Man, and Justice Ironbriar are extra villainous and skipping temp close checks
  • Reroll cards not allowing for rerolls (Dart, Longspear, Glaive)

UI

• Main Menu
    • Welcome Message appears every time you login, prompting login (if you see the login success message, you are, in fact, logged in!)
  • Vault
    • Rewards for completing legendary difficulties not showing in the vault (Samisen, Orik's Shield)
  • Phase bar
    • Phase indicator sometimes gets stuck on the Discard icon
  • Party Selection
    • Characters that are not owned do not appear as unavailable
  • Options Window
    • Background art has a gap
    • Close button not on the window
  • Monsters with Card Locks
    • When re-encountering a monster with a Before You Act check, the card lock art is misaligned

Login

• Long email addresses don't fit in the text fields properly
  • Text will be wiped if you have to re-select a field that text has been input (that field only)
  • If you login with predictive text on an Android, it will add a space to the end of the email.  You'll need to manually remove this space or your credentials will be considered invalid.

Store

• "Product Description" appears on the right side of all store screens
  • Characters: Character list scrolls above title
  • Characters: When previewing powers, powers scroll off their window
  • Characters: You can change characters while the preview window is open; causes issues with the preview window not updating
  • Characters: Unable to view roles
  • Treasure Chests: Text runs off the "Open Another" button
  • Treasure Chests: Some Booster cards missing art
  • Treasure Chests: "Open Another" button sorts on top of a zoomed card
  • Treasure Chests: If you only have one treasure chest, the UI doesn't update after its opened.  Attempting to open this ghost chest will lock up the app.
  • Like 5

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

11 answers to this question

Your saves/data should carry over but if for some reason you lose anything, please let us know.

I think I have the power to replace lost cards.  If nothing else, I will throw gold at you to hopefully get you close where you were because...

unlimited-power.jpg

Just an FYI, I still haven't received an update notification from TestFlight, and the TestFlight app doesn't show a new version.

Also, is the beta still ending tomorrow, or is it being extended to test this new build?

Also, still can't update Android, and previous version was removed.

The update shows up in the store.

I can download it. It installs. When I open the app, I see the pathfinder adventures logo, then it switches to the loading page with the unity logo and just sits there.

Any ideas?

Just an FYI, I still haven't received an update notification from TestFlight, and the TestFlight app doesn't show a new version.

Also, is the beta still ending tomorrow, or is it being extended to test this new build?

iOS updates are now available as of 9:45am pst. :)

Also, still can't update Android, and previous version was removed.

The update shows up in the store.

I can download it. It installs. When I open the app, I see the pathfinder adventures logo, then it switches to the loading page with the unity logo and just sits there.

Any ideas?

Whats the make and model of your Android (Model # is most helpful)?  There's a few possibilities, the most likely requires knowledge of your device. :)

It seems like I lost the skill feats I'd applied to my characters after completing Brigandoom, and I lost some of the cards I'd customized my decks with. Kyra kept the Superior Half-Plate I gave her, but all other cards that I'd earned through gameplay have reverted to their starting default. It still shows that I've completed Brigandoom on the easiest difficulty, but other than that one piece of equipment (which still glows green with the exclamation point denoting that it's new) everything seems to have reverted to the beginning of the game.

It seems like I lost the skill feats I'd applied to my characters after completing Brigandoom, and I lost some of the cards I'd customized my decks with. Kyra kept the Superior Half-Plate I gave her, but all other cards that I'd earned through gameplay have reverted to their starting default. It still shows that I've completed Brigandoom on the easiest difficulty, but other than that one piece of equipment (which still glows green with the exclamation point denoting that it's new) everything seems to have reverted to the beginning of the game.

Did this occur in the updated build?  Was it a new playthrough with Beta 2, or was it started in Beta 1?

Since the patch I ran into two errors, both while playing Valeros.

First while fighting a crab I chose to reveal a long sword.  Then changed my mind and hit the red arrow.  The die disappeared and red arrow disappeared, but the card remained.  I revealed a glaive and resolved combat. The long sword disappeared while the glaive returned to my hand.  At the end of the adventure the long sword was missing from the deck.

Second and far worse at the Academy Valeros drew a Charm Person spell. No matter whether I am successful or not, use blessings or not the game locks up after the check.  I can log out and return to the start of the check, but it locks up every time.  It stays on the encounter space and choosing the soldier in my hand does not enact a discard option to go again.

I've had to start over yet again.

First while fighting a crab I chose to reveal a long sword.  Then changed my mind and hit the red arrow.  The die disappeared and red arrow disappeared, but the card remained.  I revealed a glaive and resolved combat. The long sword disappeared while the glaive returned to my hand.  At the end of the adventure the long sword was missing from the deck.

I believe there are certain cards that have both reveal and discard options that cause this problem. If you reveal -> cancel, sometimes the card stays in the reveal slot and becomes irrecoverable. You also lose the dice you gained from the reveal, but can no longer interact with the card.

Second and far worse at the Academy Valeros drew a Charm Person spell. No matter whether I am successful or not, use blessings or not the game locks up after the check.  I can log out and return to the start of the check, but it locks up every time.  It stays on the encounter space and choosing the soldier in my hand does not enact a discard option to go again.

I've had to start over yet again.

Do you remember if you peeked at the Charm Person card before? Do you remember how?

Did this occur in the updated build?  Was it a new playthrough with Beta 2, or was it started in Beta 1?

This happened after I updated the app to the new build. It was a playthrough started in Beta 1 that didn't transfer properly into Beta 2.

I believe there are certain cards that have both reveal and discard options that cause this problem. If you reveal -> cancel, sometimes the card stays in the reveal slot and becomes irrecoverable. You also lose the dice you gained from the reveal, but can no longer interact with the card.

We haven't had any luck reproducing this internally.  While I hope that it's fixed in future builds, I also have trouble on the Beta 2 Build.  Any additional information people can provide when they encounter this would be appreciated.

This happened after I updated the app to the new build. It was a playthrough started in Beta 1 that didn't transfer properly into Beta 2.

We'll look into this - thanks!