Are the extra effects of Rogue's per encounter abilities also running off your weapon accuracy, or just base accuracy? As in, I know the damaging bit targeting Deflection will be running off your weapon accuracy - but I was sure about the bits targeting Fortitude/Will/Reflex.

Anyone got an answer on this before it rolls onto the second page and never gets looked at again?

Reason being, I'm re-rolling as a Rogue (I don't really want to be respecing on my first playthrough, which this still will be unfortunately) and before when I've gone PotD solo 10 PER has been enough (getting to level 14 and most of the way through the game - obviously in conjunction with the Rogue's high natural accuracy and Reckless Assault).

However this time I wanted to dump PER (!) and just take a weapon focus to get it back to that around that 10 PER accuracy level which I found suitable before - focussing on the more tanky attributes. But, if the per encounter status ailment abilities go off base accuracy rather than weapon accuracy, obviously running base PER is the way to go.

I have tried looking at it in game with my new character, but early game it's pretty hard to tell.

Sorry but I'm not able to answer.

But I remember building a monk and wondered about using fist and spear for the spear accuracy bonus to Force of Anguish prone.

But Force of Anguish prone used "spell accuracy". I think it's the same for every special attack from what I remember reading.

You can't tell from the combat log? Usually you see how the attack roll happens, or perhaps on a mouseover of the activity description. 

Didn't realise you could mouse over (hence, "stupid question"). Seems like it does benefit from the weapon accuracy bonuses, so I needn't worry and should just stay the course. Thanks.

Pay attention to the logs. Spell like ability has an intresic bonus in addition to base accuracy equal to level. That may be the reason why uou see a higher Acc than base one.

Do both accuracy bonus are the same ? Do they change when you use dagger indtead of styletto ?

If bonus are the same, that means this bonus is the generic spell bonus, not the weapon bonus.

I didn't say weapons provides a spell bonus.

There's 2 Acc spell bonus: the one listed on the tooltip and +1/lvl generic one, listed nowhere. This one is added to any non-attack action, and added to the regular +3/lvl base.

Edited by Elric Galad

What I'm telling you is the accuracy is the same for the damage component of something like Crippling Strike and for the added effect component. If you're using perks like a Weapon Focus it also applies to the added effect. There's no spell bonus listed in the tooltip.

Oddly, if you're using a weapon one-handed the +12 ACC applies to your damage but not to your added effect - you'll notice a 12 difference between these two values.