So how is the Mystery Beta Patch 3.02 Treating Everyone?

I suppose you're right. The folks installing this thing without any documentation as to what is changing are brave souls indeed. They can't even engage in a discussion about the patch apparently, because they don't know what said patch did to their game.

This makes one realize just how important patch notes are, because if the point was to get a beta test from the community, how is the community supposed to provide meaningful input?

• Like 4

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I installed it some days ago, but haven't played since.

I noticed a couple of bugs ( stuff like Savage Attacker applying its accuracy penalty twice ) and at least one potential change ( Reckless Assault not stacking with the damage bonus from Savage Attacker anymore, not sure if it's intended ).

Aside from that, I didn't notice any other major changes, but I only fiddled with it for like half an hour.

^ I would report the Reckless Assault thing just in case; better put it on their radar sooner rather than later if it's not intended.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Been playing 3.02-beta for a few hours here, hasn't broken my save file yet.

Oh and you're wrong about people not reporting things because of the lack of patch notes; I've reported 2 actual bugs so far.

They were, however, present prior to 3.02-beta.

But yeah, the lack of patch notes... meh -.-

Been playing 3.02-beta for a few hours here, hasn't broken my save file yet.

Oh and you're wrong about people not reporting things because of the lack of patch notes; I've reported 2 actual bugs so far.

They were, however, present prior to 3.02-beta.

But yeah, the lack of patch notes... meh -.-

I checked the technical forums around the time I made that and saw that a few bugs had been reported, but bug reports are always going to happen. It's far more valuable when the community knows what to look for in terms of fixes, and can make a point to validate those specific fixes. That requires patch notes to do. I wasn't saying no bug reports could be made period. Encounter a bug and report it. Sure. But the value of a beta is severely limited without patch notes to guide it.

Patch notes were released earlier today by the way.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I reported a particular item being buggy, got a response it's fixed in 3.02, downloaded 3.02, first fight I run into the item is still buggy but in a different way.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85305-swaddling-sheet-procs-twice-and-other-paladin-quirkiness/

Two items technically speaking but consecrated ground doesn't stack so apart from ear-destructing sound effects it has no effect on gameplay.

I can basically win fights with swaddling sheet procs alone (this is on PotD with increased exp requirements) since it procs on ALL crits including fear auras etc. I'd have to either remove it or not use the character wearing it, but this is a gimmicky killing blow paladin whose survival is completely dependant on on-hit/crit effects...

Edited by kvaak