The 'Sidian Tyranny thread

the real question is who will be the unfortunate obsidian who is gonna be stuck with the unfortunate tyrant moniker? singh? heins?  is almost inevitable that there will be drama surrounding the development.  there will be somebody who gets stuck being the tyrant and is all too likely that obsidian developers and/or game "journalists" seize 'pon the obvious label for the development's bad guy.  

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the real question is who will be the unfortunate obsidian who is gonna be stuck with the unfortunate tyrant moniker?

I volunteer

am seeing the appeal.  an artist getting a chance to wield the proverbial stick for a change?  "ok brian, let's talk about deadlines."

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We need new business cards printed for Obs employees...

*idea starts sprouting*

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Originally we had a different, temporary, name for Kyros that we couldn’t use.

Hmm...  "Feargus the Overlord" is too obvious.  "Aloysius"?  "Mr. Schmooples"?  "Totally-not-Sauron"?  "Steve"?

peaches

tumblr_niq0qxhzkw1tglg2co3_500.gif

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

The description of the empire in that interview seems highly reminiscent to the one in The Black Company books. The main character their has interesting thoughts on the whole evil thing, and serving it. 

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 1

the real question is who will be the unfortunate obsidian who is gonna be stuck with the unfortunate tyrant moniker?

I volunteer

(Note: I am not a full-time artist on Tyranny. My heart belongs to pathfinder!)

I can only hope there is still a pathfinder rpg in the works for obsidian still and hopefully u get to do some artwork on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just happy they decided to go with a skill based system.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Everyone knows it should have been a third person shooter. Now that's real skill.

Puked in my mouth a little. :(

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

tyranny_charactersheet.png?w=730

So...Kypera? I know Bruce is already thinking...Baby, you can always control my frost.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm just happy they decided to go with a skill based system.

agreed, but am dreading that the developers chose improve-through-use. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am also not a fan o' talent trees. trees got loads o' prerequisites built into them.  prerequisites is bad if maximizing customization is a goal.  

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since funcroc was apparently assasinated by Feargus, someone else has to pick up the slack and come up with everyone who is working on this game. Now with updates!

Brian Heins - Project Director
Matt Singh - Lead Producer

Tim Cain - Programmer

Dan Spitzley - Programmer

Constant Gaw - Lead level designer

Brian Menze - Lead Artist

Matt MacLean - Lead/Senior Writer

Paul Kirsch - Narrative Designer

Dini McMurry - Level Designer

Matthew Perez - Area Design

Rose Gomez - Associate Producer

Lindsey Laney - Artist

Brandon Adler - Systems Designer (NEW!)

Kathryn Megan Starks - Narrative Designer (NEW! Confirmed by Feargus on the RPGCodex interview)

Zachary Simon - Junior Sound Designer (NEW!)

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.