Help creating a solid solo/duo quickswitch char..

I ended up derailing another thread with all my questions so I figured I'll start a new thread instead and leave Boeroers Backlash thread alone! :-P

As title suggests I want to start a solo or possibly a duo run with durance using a PC double leadsplitter and sword and board character. What I'm looking for is a class with anything that helps bursting the initial Singletarget burst before switch to shield and one hander. My thoughts so far is Bleakwalker paladin or ranger but I'd appreciate all tips and tricks on other classes too.

What can compete with bleakwalker flames of devotion plus sworn enemy? The character will also need to be quite good taking on enemies at 1vs1 melee too using chokepoints and speedgear.

I plan on playing on Hard difficulty

• Like 1

Goldpact > bleakwalker and arquebus > blunderbuss for a FoD paladin. And for burst damage rogue > ranger.

Why Goldpact instead of bleakwalker?

I absolutely love rogues, I always have, but do u think it's possible to build one strong enough to solo?

Edit: Rogue specific, when do they get "deathblows" and is it even good when soloing?

Edited by Dorftek

Because of the way lash damage is calculated. For goldpact it will be (75%dmg - burn DR/4) while for bleakwalkers it's (75%dmg - burn DR/4 - corrode DR/4). Also goldpact benefits more from Scion of Flame - you'll do 90% burn dmg, while bleakwalkers 60% burn + 25% corrode.

A rogue can also solo if you build him like a tank - ie heavy armor, shield and defensive talents. You get Deathblow at lv11 and you can make it work when solo if you have high INT because you can stack multiple effects... However paladins are superior at soloing of course.

Because of the way lash damage is calculated. For goldpact it will be (75%dmg - burn DR/4) while for bleakwalkers it's (75%dmg - burn DR/4 - corrode DR/4). Also goldpact benefits more from Scion of Flame - you'll do 90% burn dmg, while bleakwalkers 60% burn + 25% corrode.

A rogue can also solo if you build him like a tank - ie heavy armor, shield and defensive talents. You get Deathblow at lv11 and you can make it work when solo if you have high INT because you can stack multiple effects... However paladins are superior at soloing of course.

Thanks! I might actually try both paladin and Rogue solo, since Rogue is my favorite class I think I'll give it an honest chance. Furthest I've gotten in this game is lvl 10 with a Rogue PC. Dual wielding double Cladhaliath Spears with stun on crit and bonus dmg vs stun/prone effects. He can stunlock most targets, but I don't think it's possible to get that spear on a solo run :(

Are there any other one handed weapons with stun or prone effects?

Edited by Dorftek

With a ranger and Powder Burns you could also do some AoE damage with your initial gun shots. You only need that special eyepatch that makes you immune to blind.

It comes quite late though. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods