Oh, sorry I didn't see the reply the first time. I very much believe I chose Taena. I also just now went to check with a party where I'd chosen Owynna (16 mech there too) and I can't find it, so that could very well be it.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Which Recluse do you choose?I guess you have chosen Taena, I don't have game save to test, but I suspect that the hidden place has disappeared when I chosen Owynna.

I chose Taena, but still could not find the hidden ingots near the iron flail fort with 16 mechanics (yes, I was definitely checking at the right location). As we know, 14 mechanics is enough (maybe less?). Is it possible that you have to read Owynna's soul or use Galvino's apparatus on her during that WM 1 quest for opening the battery to be able to find those durgan iron ingots? Unfortunately, I cannot go back and read her soul. This is not possible anymore in WM2. I used Galvion's apparatus though, but the iron ingots did not appear afterwards. Still, that does not exclude the possibility that you have to do that during WM 1.

These ideas came to my mind because I am quite sure that I did not read Owynna's soul, nor use the apparatus during WM 1 because I chose her as recluse in a previous playthrough and therefore I had already decided to choose Taena this time, before I came to Stalwart. 

Or is it possible that the durgan iron ingots near the fort are now a random loot that does not appear on every day / in each playthrough? The devs could have done that silently, as they have done it with random loot items and the change of their cycles at different locations (see this thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92165-gauntlets-of-swift-action/).

Does anyone know something about it or even checked it?

Edited by Natures Bounty

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I am having trouble getting the 8 hidden ingots. I freed the frozen dwarf, but can’t seem to get access to the mine car room. I can see it on the map. My only thought is perhaps I didn’t read the note (which I think I destroyed to make some room). If this is so, am I out of luck?

• 4 months later...

Do someone know whether the Bogged Down ingots are confirmed to be removed ?

They appear to have been removed on Gamepedia too :

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Bogged_Down

And did anyone found the actual rule for the Iron Flail Fort Ingot ?
Taena or Owynna ? Does fighting Taena change something ?

Did Obsidian secretly nerfed the number of Durgan Iron ? But why do they keep doing this kind of stuff ?

• 7 months later...

Do someone know whether the Bogged Down ingots are confirmed to be removed ?

They appear to have been removed on Gamepedia too :

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Bogged_Down

And did anyone found the actual rule for the Iron Flail Fort Ingot ?

Taena or Owynna ? Does fighting Taena change something ?

Did Obsidian secretly nerfed the number of Durgan Iron ? But why do they keep doing this kind of stuff ?

I also have trouble finding Iron Flail Fort Ingot, awakened Owynna in WM1 and didn't read Taena's soul, don't know which part was responsible for it. To tell the truth this is really annoying. It's so frustrating to see a game still full of bugs 4 years after its release. Fortunately I haven't bought Pillars 2, I don't think I am ever going to. 

• 2 years later...