UPDATE: Now that it's a nice even 36 I'm updating the post for future reference.

So for part 1 we know there's 22

Part 1 taken from pi2repsion and modified with the one he missed (Thanks supercameocandy)

Total: 22

Longfalls:

1 (Secret) just west below the fortification with Lagufeth in the middle of the map.

1 (Secret) in Cave where alpine dragon resides.

1 (Secret) in a vase near the grey sleeper (Top right of the map)

Durgan's Battery:

1 Great Hall NW room with part of 3-part helmet (Garondh's chorus).
1 Mines Workshop
2 Mines secret area reached by using mine chart, looking around, and grabbing lever (dex check) and shifting your pary's body weight to alter the path of the cart works as well.

8 (Secret) Mines, mining cart in room in SW corner (You need to free the dwarf corpse stuck in ice and look at his note within the great halls for this to be visible)
1 Foundry NW, room NW of Treasury
1 Foundry S, room at S end of corridor.
2 Foundry W, bench N at the forge itself.

Crägholdt:

3 (Secret) spot in the room with floating weapons in the Archmage's tower according to mph.

For part 2 so far I found 14

Total: 14

Durgan's Battery:

1 in the top left locked room of the restored Great Hall in the Battery

1 in the foundry where you smelt the ingots on the right bench

2 on a container ancient guardian in West Tower lower (Room with ancient guardians)

2 as a reward from completing the ready the canons quest

1 as a quest reward from deryan after you smith abydon's hammar while progressing the main quest

Stalwart:

3 in the stalwart temple which you have to steal

Iron Flail Fort:

2 (Secret) in iron flail camp hidden on a tree stump top right of the map

Mowrghek Ien:

2 from completing bogged down quest

So in total a nice 36

If anyone finds any not mentioned, feel free to post it

Edited by Dinky Dino
  • Like 8

I'd be surprised if there isn't at least one more (probably exactly one more) since that would bring the grand total to 36, which is divisible by both 3 and 4 and hence doesn't leave a remainder when refining regardless of your choice at the end of WM1.

That said, I have no idea where it might be...

I'd be surprised if there isn't at least one more (probably exactly one more) since that would bring the grand total to 36, which is divisible by both 3 and 4 and hence doesn't leave a remainder when refining regardless of your choice at the end of WM1.

That said, I have no idea where it might be...

It's driving me nuts since the load times are so high

It could also be from doing certain quests differently that might yield high rewards. Or maybe there aren't any more. IIRC they added the +4 int ring in the latest beta that was in the files but not in 3.01 so they might have even forgotten.

Edited by Dinky Dino

Someone from reddit (supercameocandy) tipped me off that there's 22 duran iron ingots from part one and he's actually right

There was a hidden stash in a vase by the grey sleeper

With that it's 36 duran iron ingots

Edited by Dinky Dino
  • Like 1

There was a hidden stash in a vase by the grey sleeper

With that it's 36 duran iron ingots

Oh sorry, I should have read your list, I actually knew about that one and I know it needs a fairly high mechanics skill to spot (I know cause I missed it recently).

I would be surprised if that's not all of them then, the next clean number would be 48 and I doubt Obsidian will have chosen a number that doesn't divide up cleanly.

• Like 1

Can't find a vase by Grey sleeper either - 27 Perception, 14 Mechanics

Checked along bridge and by the fire site as well

There is a vase by the middle fortification, but that's already on the list.

Perception is irrelevant. And if I remenber correctly you need mechanics 15 or more.

Perception is irrelevant. And if I remenber correctly you need mechanics 15 or more.

Does high level scaling also scale the mechanics requirements? In my last play through without scaling I found it with 10 or 11 mechanics, though I had to walk close to it in scouting mode.

What level of mechanics is needed to get the ingots at the Iron flail fort?

I've just scouted the area with 16  mechanics (14 + 2 resting bonus) and got nothing. Even boosted it to 19 with rite of wonders scrolls and still nothing.

I've just scouted the area with 16  mechanics (14 + 2 resting bonus) and got nothing. Even boosted it to 19 with rite of wonders scrolls and still nothing.

Maybe you don't look at the right place... It's near the place with the white bears.

Maybe you don't look at the right place... It's near the place with the white bears.

Yeah that's the area I've been looking.... I'll try again with even higher mechanics.

Yeah that's the area I've been looking.... I'll try again with even higher mechanics.

22 mechanics ain't enough either apparently. Either they've done something to it, or need an insane amount of mechanics. Either way time to leave well enough alone.

Stalwart:

3 in the stalwart temple which you have to steal

For those of us anal about not getting caught stealing: Is there any way?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

It seems like i can't access the Mines that contain that cart with 8 ingots after starting White March Part 2. Is there any way to enter the Mines or am i screwed?

On the bright side you will have something to look forward to on your next playthrough.

You can't get back into the area of the battery that has the mine cart after WM part one.

22 mechanics ain't enough either apparently. Either they've done something to it, or need an insane amount of mechanics. Either way time to leave well enough alone.

I just grabbed it. 14 mechanics, upscaled enemies. There was also a note in there, which may be relevant.

http://imgur.com/SYfKW0o

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

• 3 weeks later...

I just grabbed it. 14 mechanics, upscaled enemies. There was also a note in there, which may be relevant.

http://imgur.com/SYfKW0o

Which Recluse do you choose?I guess you have chosen Taena, I don't have game save to test, but I suspect that the hidden place has disappeared when I chosen Owynna.

Can you tell me which recluse you have chosen, is Taena or Owynna? I chosen Owynna, and I can't find the hiding place now.