Just received a quest to go to Crägholds Bluffs so I did only to get humiliated on the second fight where there was a drunken Orlan and loads of others. I'm lvl 10 but I feel like its probably too low for this place, am I correct?

...and as someone else (I think PrimeJunta) said in another thread: There's a reason why the landlord isn't worried about the mercenaries laying siege at his place.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Just received a quest to go to Crägholds Bluffs so I did only to get humiliated on the second fight where there was a drunken Orlan and loads of others. I'm lvl 10 but I feel like its probably too low for this place, am I correct?

I think that your party needs to be a minimum of level 13, maybe 14, to do well in Craghold.  Maybe a really, really good player could do ok with a little less.  But honestly, I ran into the same thing when I went there the first time.  

Craghold is an area not to be taken lightly.

Well, I didn't say he's hostile ... I said there's a reason he's not worried :p

But yeah, he's hostile—not out of senseless spite, but because you've got something he wants.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, I didn't say he's hostile ... I said there's a reason he's not worried :p

But yeah, he's hostile—not out of senseless spite, but because you've got something he wants.

Sounds like fun! Anyway, off-topic, I went to stalwart instead, first with lvl scaling off and cleared the village from ogres then reloaded and put lvl scaling on and did the same but didn't notice any real difference in difficulty. Does it only affect certain key fights or is the difference just very small? (I play on Hard as it is my first playthrough)

On Hard u can probably just enable max level scalling from the beggining on all areas , especially if u have a full party .

Between easy hard and normal enemy have same stats just u can meet more of them in same encounter on hard than you would on normall .

Edited by Blunderboss

My level 5 party killed one patrolling marksman at Craghold. With scroll buffs and some other op priest stuff, may have killed the barbarian and fighter, but last time I tried I got wiped and the fighter was at 80% endurance and barbarian was at 25%.

One of them is worth about 5 level 5 characters. A level 7 party should be able to take on 2-3 of them, in a pull. Problem is when the AI calls in reinforcements.