Why is wand "two-handed"

Why do wands need hands at all? Why can't a character duct tape 200 of them onto him and shoot them all at the same time? Pew fuggen pew.

Whatever made up answer there is for that, it's probably the same as for why no dual wielding them. You need to channel the magic with a force of will or whatever, you can't do that with 2 at once because does your mind even lift bro.

• Like 3

Bandoliers. You wear one that holds six pistols. You shoot them in rapid succession, boom boom boom boom boom boom, but can't reload and will have to switch to a melee weapon after you're done.

A single one-handed pistol couldn't be reloaded; instead, once you've let off the shot, you use it off-hand as a club. Perhaps not very effective, but badass. Definitely badass.

Preach it.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Bandoliers. You wear one that holds six pistols. You shoot them in rapid succession, boom boom boom boom boom boom, but can't reload and will have to switch to a melee weapon after you're done.

A single one-handed pistol couldn't be reloaded; instead, once you've let off the shot, you use it off-hand as a club. Perhaps not very effective, but badass. Definitely badass.

Preach it.

cnqOyGN.jpg

Because what if you equip a wand in one hand and a dagger in the offhand? They'd have to code a whole new behavior system for mixing melee and ranged weapons.

I would have just made the wands float then, like shooting swords.

Attack from shoulder float 1.

I need two hands to handle my wand, though I tend to prefer referring to it as a staff...

I'll get my coat.

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams