Can we get a new sticky for "Builds & Strategies"?!

There are quite a few interesting builds buried in the forum. Now I recon LadyCrimson is no longer active, but there got to be other moderators around?

Would hate to see some of the fine and thought through works dissapear.

• Like 5

I'd like this too. What I'd really like is if we have a separate sticky for each class, though this is perhaps asking too much in terms of board real estate. I was thinking that we could start discussion threads for each class to collect all the expertise on this board in one place.

A well-organized sticky would be enough, imo; broken down by class, with builds for each class in alphabetical order and with a brief, one- or two-line description of what they do.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

A well-organized sticky would be enough, imo; broken down by class, with builds for each class in alphabetical order and with a brief, one- or two-line description of what they do.

One other thing to think about would be indicating release version/DLC expansions. One of my biggest issues looking through old forum posts is trying to reverse engineer what version the author was on when they wrote the build.

One other thing to think about would be indicating release version/DLC expansions. One of my biggest issues looking through old forum posts is trying to reverse engineer what version the author was on when they wrote the build.

Indeed, I think that's part of the reason why we need such a sticky. The current sticky is (almost) all pre-2.0 builds and isn't particularly helpful characters in the post 3.0 world, but a new player might not realise this and try to use one of those builds.

It's also why I think now is a good time to start work on this, since we're unlikely to see any major changes to the game now.

+1 great idea. Just one issue though, I reckon to avoid confusion outdated builds should probably not be posted there. By outdated, I'm don't necessarily mean pre 3:0, just that the build should still be viable with all the changes. Otherwise it will be a nightmare for people,especially who don't know the difference between pillars mk 1/2 and 3

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

+1 great idea. Just one issue though, I reckon to avoid confusion outdated builds should probably not be posted there. By outdated, I'm don't necessarily mean pre 3:0, just that the build should still be viable with all the changes. Otherwise it will be a nightmare for people,especially who don't know the difference between pillars mk 1/2 and 3

I've seen some forums organize the outdated builds under a legacy section. Even if a build is outdated it might be an interesting starting point for a new a build (or just need some tweaks).

If somebody wants to do this I'd be happy to sticky and help maintain. I'll try and get on it myself if I can but I likely won't have the time for a while.

• Like 2

+1

Definitely need to have only currently relevant builds in the thread. So many new members start searching and find horrid advice cause it is outdated. Doesn't need to be based on the patch # but we could just only put in builds that are still viable or have been updated.

I could try to do it this weekend if nobody else steps up before then, but no promises.

If you have a build out that is currently viable, please PM me with the following information:

• Build name
  • Build class(es)
  • Link to the relevant thread
  • Brief (one or two lines) description of what the build does and what its role is
  • Whether the build uses any equipment from PX1 or PX2
  • Whether the build is viable for solo play

The first draft I do is going to have only builds that were PMed to me this way. If you know of a build that is viable, but its author is no longer around, feel free to submit it in their stead.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Or just once with all builds in the same PM ;)

• Like 1