Sup,

so after completing  full game on potd and facerolling all with my custom party ( 3 mages 2 war 1 pala) and with 25% increased exp gain i was kinda disapointed by the low t oaverage challenge ( only hard part being monks in part 2)

So i decided take the step further : complete all on potd with a full party of premade npcs and 50% increased experience gain...and oh boy is it fun.

On my previous plays i often came to dismiss many items ebcause useless. Like Potions foods +attribute items who droped in double or so.

Here when playing with pre made chars and due to their messed up attributes, the +attribute items earn a whle new valor and so potions like wizard double/elem res who are priceless for ensure your eder or palagina dont get wiped out.

My current party is eder/palalgine/zahua/menega/grieving mother/myself as cypher too.

No priest for buffing and no amges for big aoe etc for make it too easy and add ot the challenge.

So far i'm enjoying it. you are forced pick carefully the order in which u proceed quests, every crafting mat scrol land potion is valuable, and CC are priceless.

it gives a whole renewal to the game. it made me realise all this people bitching about game being too easy simple faceroll with full customs/edited stat chars/op classes liek mage/priest....

The usage of +4 aatribute items or +3 ones, of armor enchats, the pickign of skills...a new world.

And skills likes wound binding or such considered as crap become primordial when you premade char health keep drop so easily.

What's your though guys? Try the potd full premades +50% xp needed...u will feel the difficulty bump.

It's the eternal curse of mini/maxing - sure its more fun to build, but it's impossible for the developers to build a challenging game when you can account for every eventuality with foresight.

Fortune favors the bald.

So i decided take the step further : complete all on potd with a full party of premade npcs and 50% increased experience gain...and oh boy is it fun.

50% increased xp gain, making it 150%? You would get a bit overleveled.

Although, ye, I doubt you meant that :)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

I am glad you found a way to optimize your fun.

On the other hand, I don't agree that the game is challenging with the default companions. On my latest PotD playthrough without expansions, I had serious trouble in 3 fights total (dragons, vithrack bounty) and I am playing with the default companions. I used scrolls and  food only on these 3 fights + Thaos. That's too easy for the hardest difficulty of the game.

Yet, I am using a wizard (Aloth) & and a priest (Durance), and I haven't changed the XP progression (I am still capped at 12 though). So I yield that it may not be impossible to make the game challenging, but Obsidian certainly didn't design it as such.

you realise the big impact mage/priest get on game.

when you reach defiance bay being only level 3/4 max, and have 4 melee or so some stuff become very hard.

even eothas temple in  guilded vale, withotu any fire casting is hardcore, as the shadows/sahdes tear ur party apart with their cold damage and summoning.

forced respec picking talent vs cold damage reduce, and craft fan scrolls :p once arrived defiance, its same same