3.01: too little enemies?

Madscientist

Question

12 answers to this question

I noticed this too.  Where did the Xaurips go?

They have pruned some content in response to people complaining about too many "trash mob"  fights. It was announced it would be just Endless Paths and chapter III mobs, but...

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84358-the-great-patch-30-trash-mob-removal/

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I noticed this too.  Where did the Xaurips go?

They have pruned some content in response to people complaining about too many "trash mob"  fights. It was announced it would be just Endless Paths and chapter III mobs, but...

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84358-the-great-patch-30-trash-mob-removal/

Sigh.  I've never understood all the b!tching about "trash mobs".  I play the game for the battles, and these so-called "trash mobs" are some of those battles.  Besides, these particular xaurips weren't just some lone schmucks.  They were the support troops for the drakes.  They made fighting those drakes harder because you couldn't ignore them, particularly the Xaurip priests.

• Like 1

This is one change that  was not an improvement in my opinion.  I never once minded these so-called trash mobs.  Never once.

FTFY.

I'm playing on PotD with increased exp requirements and I had to postpone searing falls until I had done some WM content. The one pack it contains was far more terrifying than the smaller groups it used to have, I certainly approve of this.

The game still has a ton of trash fights, even if searing falls represents an extreme end of the spectrum.

Edited by kvaak
  • Like 1

This is one change that  was not an improvement in my opinion.  I never once minded these so-called trash mobs.  Never once.

FTFY.

I'm playing on PotD with increased exp requirements and I had to postpone searing falls until I had done some WM content. The one pack it contains was far more terrifying than the smaller groups it used to have, I certainly approve of this.

The game still has a ton of trash fights, even if searing falls represents an extreme end of the spectrum.

I don't approve of removing ANY enemies from the game. 

It was too boring fighting the same mobs (more or less) over and over.

Here is an idea for trash mob enthusiasts: After you have defeated your trash mob, reload the game and fight them again.

Here's an idea for those who don't like fighting so-called "trash mobs":  They're part of the game.  If you don't like it, stop whining and go play a different game.