Anouncement of a new game on 15th march

Prometheus

From what's shown so far only the main character/story seems interesting/different to me otherwise looks a lot like PoE and I don't particularly "dig" PoE style and I have PoE for RTwP combat(ed: and medieval high fantasy AGAIN...) so I have to be sold on narrative, deepness of choices & consequences and related mechanics which would make new playthroughs different. We'll see. Apparently there is an embargo for further info from GDC till next week.

Edited by Quillon

I would be very happy If It is like Inquisitor with better combat. Also I hope It will not in the PoE universe. Not that I dont like but to get different setting.

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I would be very happy If It is like Inquisitor with better combat. Also I hope It will not in the PoE universe. Not that I dont like but to get different setting.

I am pretty sure that they don't use PoE setting, as one it is world where Evil has won (and PoE/Eora is setting where everything is nuanced) and two they didn't use PoE in their trailer anyway which indicates they don't want people link these two games to belong in same setting. So it seems to be new IP with new setting.

I am pretty sure that they don't use PoE setting, as one it is world where Evil has won (and PoE/Eora is setting where everything is nuanced) and two they didn't use PoE in their trailer anyway which indicates they don't want people link these two games to belong in same setting. So it seems to be new IP with new setting.

This. At best it could be set in the same universe like Brandon Sanderson's books are set in the same "Cosmere". So if they someday decide to have the great citizens of Eora to come up with ways to discover new planets they could travel to the world of Tyranny.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Guest FlorianGh

I sure do hope it will have references to Eora like Baldur's Gate 2 has reference to the planes of Torment and Icewind Dale.

Edited by FlorianGh

One thing i'm hopeful is that it's not going to be cheesy, black and white "evil". Other than that i'm pretty excited. Screenshots look great, like the style a lot. 

Why not?

It's rare enough that we get games that really let you be actually evil, but if the premise of a game is that you're serving an Evil Overlord, it should really be an Evil Overlord.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Why not?

It's rare enough that we get games that really let you be actually evil, but if the premise of a game is that you're serving an Evil Overlord, it should really be an Evil Overlord.

Because black and white approach is... Well, black and white. You have only two choices, two sides to the story. Why do that and cheapen your story so much when you can potentially have so much more? And nuanced doesn't mean "not evil", it just means nuanced. Like Hitler was pretty bad, but he's still a human being with his own story. To me that's much more interesting than just some dude trying to enslave everyone just because. 

One thing i'm hopeful is that it's not going to be cheesy, black and white "evil". Other than that i'm pretty excited. Screenshots look great, like the style a lot. 

Why not?

I want my evil to manifest in all colours of the rainbow! I'm probably going with a Purple Evil playthrough first up, and if I'm not bored by then, I'll try a Turquoise Evil run.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I am not convinced about that "you are going to play evil caracter" unles devs themselfs said those exact words. Game director said himself Its not going to be black or white. So I dont think Its going to be like Overlord, where you can do only pure evil stuff. Our choises in game may seems like evil for our modern notions but It could be welcomed in game society. Because they are pointing the literacy rates in the map. Why would they specifically show that?

Also I hope we can choise the execution style too. Another thing was cought my eye that the cinematic animations looks improved. I hope NPCs do more that stand and wonder around aimlessly this time. I want more info!  :geek:

• Like 1

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

I am not convinced about that "you are going to play evil caracter" unles devs themselfs said those exact words. Game director said himself Its not going to be black or white. So I dont think Its going to be like Overlord, where you can do only pure evil stuff. Our choises in game may seems like evil for our modern notions but It could be welcomed in game society. Because they are pointing the literacy rates in the map. Why would they specifically show that?

Maybe because knowledge is power? Keeping the people in the dark should help Kyros to keep his underlings stupid and clueless on how much better things were before he took control etc.

made me do a double-take on that Mistborn game

there is no God

Too bad the game rights are still held hostage by Little Orbit.  They have been working on the game like forever.

I'm just praying that evil doesn't just mean you keep a widow's dead husband's wedding ring and cackle about it when completing a quest for her, or threatening the kid on the street if he doesn't give you his last 2 coins in his inventory.

Subtlety.  Evil actions done to help you achieve a real purpose, not just to be a bully or a murderous psychopath, is what I'm hoping for.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm just praying that evil doesn't just mean you keep a widow's dead husband's wedding ring and cackle about it when completing a quest for her, or threatening the kid on the street if he doesn't give you his last 2 coins in his inventory.

Subtlety. Evil actions done to help you achieve a real purpose, not just to be a bully or a murderous psychopath, is what I'm hoping for.

If the personality test was any indication there will be 3 types of evil and a good/neutral option.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hopefully this game gives me the chance to be a lich.
It's all I ever wanted.

200px-Wesnothlich.png

Well, probably not but a man can dream, and the setting and premise would be ideal for it.

• Like 3

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Perh

ixZcOji.png

Matt MacLean and Brian Heins?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/toonces

* Designer on Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC)
* Writer on Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (PC)
* Lead System Designer on Alpha Protocol (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Area Designer on Fallout: New Vegas (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Systems Lead on Dungeon Siege III (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Lead Designer on South Park (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Writer on Pillars of Eternity (PC)
* Designer on Unannounced Project

Project Director
Obsidian Entertainment
February 2014 – Present (2 years 2 months)

Wrong Matt. =p

At least I got the project lead right.

Edit: Then I guess this is the right Matt? The dates seem to add up.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-perez-4631672a

Designer
Obsidian Entertainment
February 2014 – Present (2 years 2 months)

Perhaps an indication that public announcements maybe should include full names. Just a thought.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect they have Sawyer working on Skyforge, his superior mechanical systems design for combat would benefit mmo types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyforge

Other than Paradox world of darkness rpg, and armored warfare, not sure what is left.

The inquisition thing seems like Chris Avellone reflecting on Dragon Age 2 and DA Inquisition. Or maybe it was the other way around or a parallel thought process.

Darkish fantasy has been on the horizon for some time now, since the demographics for fantasy has grown older.