Anouncement of a new game on 15th march

Prometheus

Is it history RPG or fantasy theme?

fantasy theme for sure. There are beast life expectancy rate is giving in the map :D

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

When do we get sub forum I wonder. I have allready some stuff to talk about.

The official site links to the Paradox forums, so these forums might just get a re-direct link, as was the case with New Vegas and NWN2. 

So, isometric fantasy-post-apoc, with a somewhat defined protagonist who starts the game with significant influence, and with the reactivity of the gameworld cited as a selling point.  That could be fun.

Edited by Enoch

so, Gromnir were right after all?

the teaser video were kinda silly, but am ok with the concept.

HA! Good Fun!

Hey it IS sort of like the Senate!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When do we get sub forum I wonder. I have allready some stuff to talk about.

The official site links to the Paradox forums, so these forums might just get a re-direct link, as was the case with New Vegas and NWN2. 

So, isometric fantasy-post-apoc, with a somewhat defined protagonist who starts the game with significant influence, and with the reactivity of the gameworld cited as a selling point.  That could be fun.

yea I thought I was writing here :(

gona quote my self from paradox forums

I just consumed all available information available about the game. From what I gathered our protagonist seems likely to be investigator (or Inquisitor). There is going to be lots of dillemas. Which reminds me a similar good game: Inquisitor. I'm guessing Obsidian is going to make combat more fun. So with some things to look at I'm excited. Really gona follow this one.

Edited by ruzen

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

Not gonna lie, the screenshots don't look all that impressive. Straight up lifting assets from PoE too.

I guess I'll wait on more info, especially on the engine they're using.

But the adra is purple now!

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, the screenshots don't look all that impressive. Straight up lifting assets from PoE too.

Curious as to what you don't like about them

Don't worry, I'm not going to argue taste I'm just curious

Free games updated 3/4/21

Curious as to what you don't like about them

Don't worry, I'm not going to argue taste I'm just curious

I don't particularly dislike anything about them, I was just expecting something a bit different after PoE.

I get a REALLY strong PoE vibe from the screenshots. If you told me it was a Pillars of Eternity expansion I wouldn't even doubt you.

Did they say anything about the team developing it? Is Tom Sawyer lead design? Is Tim Cain taking on a more important role?

EDIT: Sawyer isn't in on it. https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/709915752376066049

Edited by mindswayer
  • Like 1

I hate Unity.

so, Gromnir were right after all?

the teaser video were kinda silly, but am ok with the concept.

HA! Good Fun!

Hey it IS sort of like the Senate!

He were exactly right, boondoggles and all.

I like the idea, too. Looking forward to the sequel, Tyranny: Uprising 

All Stop. On Screen.

I am excited. I enjoyed Pillars, and I have zero issues with them reusing the engine. The art for it (backgrounds in particular) is great. I want to Obsidian flex their muscles more to use it creatively. We will see how this pans out.

• Like 1

They say that game is coming out this year, so it is quite clear that they have developed it along side with PoE and I would say that it is unlikely that they have had time to port PoE tech to unity 5 even for this game. 

Don't know what anyone expected, Paradox is not a AAA publisher and no game they publish will have 'expensive' graphics. In general Paradox games have functional graphics but good gameplay, and I'd far rather have that than the reverse if I had to choose what the budget was spent on.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Hmm. While I agree, isn't this akin to saying that Icewind Dale is just another Baldur's Gate in a new setting? 

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."