Anouncement of a new game on 15th march

Prometheus

There will be an anouncement on 15th march 5 pm from paradox and obsidian (livestream from the gdc). A comment on the facebook page says that it is not WoD related. Paradox will also show a demo of an unanounced game to the press at the gdc.

Source is the end of this test: http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/

Is this the Dr. Doom/Brotherhood of Evil Mutants hybrid villainy simulator announcement I've been hoping for all this time?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It could just end up being the game that's already been sort of announced, the "Stormlands" game (Project North Carolina) that Microsoft walked away from which Obsidian confirmed last November had been picked up by a different publisher in a "re-purposed" form.

We also know Obsidian has at least two other projects in the works - Project Vermont, an RPG that they've been working on for a while, and Project Louisiana which they began more recently.

EDIT: So I did some research online and found that Obsidian is likely working on three as-yet-unannounced projects which are in chronological order projects Vermont, Louisiana, and Indiana. Vermont is what should be getting announced on Tuesday at GDC.

Vermont - Possibly a large, open-world, third-person RPG using material developed for the cancelled Stormlands project but now using an existing licensed property. It is confirmed as NOT being Alpha Protocol, so most likely other possibilities are either Star Wars or Pathfinder.

Louisiana - A new Kickstarter RPG project that was supposed to have been announced last year but was postponed until PoE was completed. This is supposed to be a brand-new Obsidian IP, so it could be the historical RPG Sawyer's been wanting to do or some other original idea.

Indiana - Almost certainly this is PoE 2.

Edited by kanisatha
  • Like 1

all evidence points toward WoD-related, i hope the denouncement is just them messing with us :/

I wouldn't expect an announcement for a WoD game anytime soon. Martin Ericsson said in a recent interview, that they will only announce a game when they know when the game ships.

We will not comment on any rumors or announce any games before it makes sense doing it and we know when they will ship. But of course we are working on getting computer games done and naturally Bloodlines is on top of our mind. 

Here is the interview: http://www.worldofdarkness.news/Articles/tabid/95/Article/13/WoD-News-interview-with-White-Wolf-Martin-Elricsson.aspx
  • Like 1

all evidence points toward WoD-related, i hope the denouncement is just them messing with us :/

I wouldn't expect an announcement for a WoD game anytime soon. Martin Ericsson said in a recent interview, that they will only announce a game when they know when the game ships.

We will not comment on any rumors or announce any games before it makes sense doing it and we know when they will ship. But of course we are working on getting computer games done and naturally Bloodlines is on top of our mind. 

Here is the interview: http://www.worldofdarkness.news/Articles/tabid/95/Article/13/WoD-News-interview-with-White-Wolf-Martin-Elricsson.aspx

Exactly! I don't understand the posts of all the VtM/WoD fans on this forum. Paradox acquired White Wolf only late last year. Paradox does not own Obsidian and simply has a working relationship with them for one game. And Paradox has stated that White Wolf will function as an independent company with control over who they give the WoD license to, and White Wolf has said they have not even begun any discussions with potential partners yet. So how can this announcement have anything to do with WoD? And even if Obsidian gets contracted to do a WoD-related game, it'll be years before any announcement given that Obsidian has at least three other projects already in the works.

I am happy it is not related to WoD, so I am now excited what it might be!

Oh goody! Hopefully you get your dime a dozen fantasy game.

and how is vampires / werewolves any different? I am hoping for some sci-fi or some such.

Not even so much vampires, but something in a modern setting is heavily outweiged by anything fantasy, whether medieval or futuristic.

*cough* false equivalence *cough*

Or maybe just check the poll if following gaming trends is too abstract.

and how is vampires / werewolves any different? I am hoping for some sci-fi or some such.

Not even so much vampires, but something in a modern setting is heavily outweiged by anything fantasy, whether medieval or futuristic.

How is it modern setting? AP is a modern setting, WoD is not.

VtMB was modern. For that matter the latter parts of VtMR were as well. I suspect most people wanting a WoD game are specifically thinking Bloodlines 2, so also a modern setting. They had fantastical elements but were still modern setting.

To be honest, much as I love AP it was not realistic modern either, and I doubt there could be a proper RPG that was ever realistic modern. You had a power that literally made you invisible, for example.