Genre Question for the Devs

Just a quick question for the Obsidian employees and management.

Have you ever thought about doing something besides RPGs and the console DA games?

Like an FPS or RTS or something?

Just my curiosity talking.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Have you ever thought about doing something besides RPGs and the console DA games?

Of course!!! :)

I have great fun playing RTS's and I enjoy FPS's but personally, I'd love to make a 3rd-person action game!

McBaine

I've always wanted to make an adventure game... :)

Do it. They can't be nearly as expensive to make as other genres. I still play adventure games. It's the only genre my wife and I have finished together. Come on, Mr. Chu, think of the fans. THINK OF THE FANS!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Guest Michael Chu
I've always wanted to make an adventure game...  :)

Do it. They can't be nearly as expensive to make as other genres. I still play adventure games. It's the only genre my wife and I have finished together. Come on, Mr. Chu, think of the fans. THINK OF THE FANS!

I'm sure all twelve of us would be very happy. ;)

I've always wanted to make an adventure game... :)

uh.. you are making an adventure game. Well at least you are making a sequal to an adventure game, with a lot of crumby combat. Hopefully you guys will make it more like an CRPG. And before you call me a one trick pony, BG was an RTS game, with just a smaller scope.

I've always wanted to make an adventure game...  :(

uh.. you are making an adventure game. Well at least you are making a sequal to an adventure game, with a lot of crumby combat. Hopefully you guys will make it more like an CRPG. And before you call me a one trick pony, BG was an RTS game, with just a smaller scope.

Spot on!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Besides RPGs, I'd like to make RPGs. Hee hee... OK, seriously if I have to choose another genre. I'd love to make a tactical combat RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics or Vandal Hearts. And if you really are going to force me to take the RPG completely out of the equation, then my genre preference becomes hard to determine. I like the Mech games I worked on a lot, so another one of those would be awesome.

-Ferret

Besides RPGs, I'd like to make RPGs. Hee hee... OK, seriously if I have to choose another genre. I'd love to make a tactical combat RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics or Vandal Hearts. And if you really are going to force me to take the RPG completely out of the equation, then my genre preference becomes hard to determine. I like the Mech games I worked on a lot, so another one of those would be awesome.

-Ferret

I just want you to know, that you are OK in my book. :)