[3.02b] Pressing K key kills karacters

Achilles

Question

...I mean "characters"

Loaded up a reference save that I use for messing around with builds (warning: console codes were used to grant xp). Went to press J to get the journal. Accidentally pressed K. Character died.

Hmm. That's weird. Clicked on another character and did it again. Same thing.

Entered the menu and looked to see what K was mapped to. Nothing so far as I can tell. Reloaded save and tried it again to see if first time was a fluke. More insta-dead party members.

Here's a save.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a08v71n2nrllpll/71e8c801ead54c11852e638b89f3be50%2017673029%20TheCelestialSapling.zip?dl=0

Side note: Aumaua barbarian hireling named "Maneha" isn't the actual Mahena. Just needed a stand in for builds.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

7 answers to this question

If it stops working when you disable cheats than its just a cheat hotkey (prolly documented somewhere). Like Ctrl J is in Baldur's Gate when you enable access to the Console.

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

Heya Everybody!

Nicholas Steel is correct; this is an official cheat command that kills whoever your mouse is currently over. It works on party members as well as enemies. To my knowledge it has been in the game since the beginning, but only works when you activate cheats =)

Hope that clears things up!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Stupid question: how does one "turn off cheats"?

Open the console with \ or ~ (it depends on your keyb layout, i'm using an IT), type

iroll20s

press enter and you should see "cheat disabled" in the log.

• Like 1