Update 3.02 Beta is Live

Update 3.02 Beta is now live on Steam. Lots of smaller fixes in this update.

Update notes will be coming later today.

EDIT: I lied. It probably won't be together until Monday. There are a few weeks of bugs check-ins that we still need to go through.

EDIT2: Link for patch notes: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-192-update-notes-302/

• Like 15

Many of the fixes I would call pretty major, actually :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

EDIT: I lied. It probably won't be together until Monday. There are a few weeks of bugs check-ins that we still need to go through.

Actually that's a good thing. Better get the full patch notes, than be surprised by some shadow changes.

• Like 1

To say nothing of the numerous "still no fix for (insert bug here)" comments referencing stuff that was actually fixed but left out of the patch notes.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

it is possible that the developers is using feedback to adjust their patch notes.  am suspecting that more than a few fixes didn't take with 3.02.  rather than mistakenly claim that distant advantage or mc faith and convictions were fixed in 3.02, the developers wait a day or two and then prune their list o' fixes to more accurate represent reality?  dunno.  our conspiracy theory is based on nothing save the absence o' such notes and our personal experience that a few o' the fixes that were announced as being addressed in the next patch continue to plague poe with 3.02.

most likely reason is simple that whomever was s'posed to type up the list o' changes into a coherent patch notes release... didn't. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Patch notes need to be compiled manually by looking at the tickets that have been closed since the previous patch. It can be a daunting task. Brandon said we'll have a list a Monday; in the meanwhile, those who kept an eye on the support forums should have a rough idea of what major fixes to expect.

• Like 1

Patch notes need to be compiled manually by looking at the tickets that have been closed since the previous patch. It can be a daunting task. Brandon said we'll have a list a Monday; in the meanwhile, those who kept an eye on the support forums should have a rough idea of what major fixes to expect.

Nope, they are just being lazy.......

Lazy? God! Its impossible to please virtual people.

Edited by ruzen
  • Like 3

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

Nope, they are just being lazy.......

Well if you pray hard, really hard for the gods at Obsidian they might be kind and release the patch notes. But the reality is they took two days of rest instead of one.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

We are still compiling these. There are over 400 bugs fixed which is why this is taking so long. Every change needs to be verified so it takes a long time to compile these notes.

Steven King is on the case now, so he should be able to update you guys in the next day or two.

• Like 7

Haha, thanks Brandon. Yeah should be done within a few days. 

I got your backs

-Sking

Thanks for the update. We definitely appreciate your continued support of the game.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

We are still compiling these. There are over 400 bugs fixed which is why this is taking so long. Every change needs to be verified so it takes a long time to compile these notes .

And Annihilation bug is not one of those 400 ?

What about Elemental Damage talents not working with weapons that have same damage type ?

This destroys some character builds , makes some items useless etc etc. how come this is not between 400 adressed bugs , its beyond me

Edited by Blunderboss

Annihilation has been recently confirmed to be working as intended by Aarik; bonus damage is additive and is applying.

The other bug you mentioned has been fixed since 3.0

Annihilation has been recently confirmed to be working as intended by Aarik; bonus damage is additive and is applying.

The other bug you mentioned has been fixed since 3.0

Where are the links to this , because just today i saw someone reporting lashes not working ,

Also there is other topic where dev himself says Annihilation wont be fixed for 3.02 ?

Edit : i found this in beta bugs forum

Heres an update on the issue. The mod is working as intended. Since all of our damage multipliers are additive, you'll add the Crit (+50%) and then add Annihilation (50%) = 100% damage.

Anyone can confirm its working ? Because it sure wasnt before

Edited by Blunderboss

Annihilation:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85203-302b-annihilation-doesnt-seem-to-be-working/?do=findComment&comment=1788659

The other bug I tested myself when 3.0 released, then further sought (and got) confirmation from Aarik in the bug thread. It's too old and inconvenient to dig up from my smartphone though, so link will have to wait until I'm home from work.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1