New Steam Achievements Bug ?

OvErMiNd13

Question

Hi,

I've just completed the game in triple crown solo + white march part I & II , after several hours of terrible hard game sessions, you understand my surprise not to see these new achievements .....

Frozen Crown

Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes.

Frozen Crown Solo

Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.

I've completed main quest of WM I & II

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642210625

Did i miss someting ? should i start a new game for this to work ? or there is something special to do or maybe i have to complete every quest of the WM I & II ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont want to try this :

The Ultimate
Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity, defeat all dragons, all bounties, and both archmages on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.

If i m not sure achievement works.... I've already lost several days for the 2 previous

thx

23 answers to this question

What is that savegame file supposed to show?

In that savegame ... you are inside Stalwart's inn. That means you have not completed the main game yet ... Thaos is still around. The journal also shows the remaining quest items.

Ok thank you for your reactivity, just a last question .....

... once the official patch will be live, can I play from my last save backup, where I ve already completed the two main quests of the WM and it remains only the last boss to kill, or should I start a new game and redo everything again to get achievements ?

Hey OvErMiNd13,

The three new achievements will only unlock if you are in the Beta version of the game. As of right now, the Ultimate and Frozen Crown achievements will (should) unlock correctly. the Frozen Crown Solo achievement is not currently unlocking. This will be fixed in the next Beta update.

I got your back

-Sking 

Sorry for dredging up this old topic, I just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly. I'm playing the non-Beta Steam version of the game and currently have an Ultimate run sitting outside Sun-in-Shadow. If I go in and defeat Thaos, will the achievement unlock, or is that still a Beta-only feature? And if it's the latter, will this be changed once 3.02 is released for the normal version?

Heya fiddlesticks,

The achievements themselves are part of the 3.02 patch, which is why they're currently only available on the beta. It's best to wait until that patch is released before jumping down the pit and finishing everything up.

You could go down and defeat Thaos and then save your game and wait for the 3.02 patch. The achievements are checked after activating the machine at the very end of the game, so as long as you save before clicking on that final circle you'll be all set to unlock it once the patch is released. I would back up my pre-pit save if you wanted to go this route though, just in case =)

Hope that answered your question!

I try my very best.

Once again, I'm very sorry about reviving this old topic. I just wanted to point out that The Ultimate achievement still doesn't seem to be working correctly as of 3.02. Frozen Crown and Frozen Crown Solo both unlocked after activating the machine at the very end of the game, but The Ultimate didn't.

It's possible that I simply missed one of the necessary requirements, but if so, I don't know which one. Frozen Crown Solo unlocked, so that part is obviously fulfilled. Both archmages are dead, I have the Bestiary entries for the five dragons, and the journal shows that I completed all 23 bounties in the game.

Here's the output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0jd1313dyx0ou5/output_log.txt?dl=0

And here's the re-uploaded save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itqw51gg7u5kcm4/840d3aa6c20741e988c2d28d4c8cd98d%2034854985%20SuninShadow.savegame?dl=0

I'm not using any mods, so I don't know what could cause the issue. Is the save not loading at all for you?

Hey fiddlesticks,

There are a large amount of errors in your output log. You are also having problems trying to access your obisidan\temp folder. I would suggest verifying your game cache and see if that fixes the issue. Once you do, could you please upload a new output log so I can see if those errors are still there?

Thanks for being so patient and having to upload a lot of files.

Here's the new output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0jd1313dyx0ou5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Steam reported that all files were succesfully validated, so I doubt anything has changed. Perhaps a clean reinstall would be the best course of action at this point?

Thanks for being so patient and having to upload a lot of files.

Oh, it's no trouble at all. I have to thank you for putting so much effort into a minor issue that only seems to affect me. I really appreciate it.

Edited by fiddlesticks

I promise this is the last time I'll necro this thread. :)

I just wanted to say that I did another Ultimate run, and this time, the achievement unlocked properly. So it really must have been an issue with my save file.

I'm sorry I wasted your time, Aarik. Thank you very much for your patience and the effort you put into helping me.

Edited by fiddlesticks