It has been nerfed big time.

It used to be 10+5+12=27 total with talent and rep.

My paladin has 4 out 6 rep points and the talent. And he only has +14!!!

-10 to fort, will and reflex is huge

I am getting a bonus for the rep but the bonus is now heavily nerfed

Edited by Tennisgolfboll

There is a nerf AND a bug. The bug involves the fact that disposition doesn't count anymore, only player level (you'll get maximum 5lvls for Faith and Conviction when you reach lv16). The nerf was double - to Faith and Conviction itself (it starts at +4def/+8for/ref/will instead of +5def/+10for/ref/will) and to Deep Faith (+2def/+3for/ref/will instead of +2def/+5for/ref/will). If you add the nerf to base deflection in 2.0 the paladin lost overall +6def/+4for/ref/will since the beginning of the game.

There is a nerf AND a bug. The bug involves the fact that disposition doesn't count anymore, only player level (you'll get maximum 5lvls for Faith and Conviction when you reach lv16). The nerf was double - to Faith and Conviction itself (it starts at +4def/+8for/ref/will instead of +5def/+10for/ref/will) and to Deep Faith (+2def/+3for/ref/will instead of +2def/+5for/ref/will). If you add the nerf to base deflection in 2.0 the paladin lost overall +6def/+4for/ref/will since the beginning of the game.

This isnt only what i have. I have the nerf for the talent and the nerf for the ability itself and then a nerf for rep points (but its there)

My level 5 paladin gets a bonus for rep but no longer +2 per rep point. Its much lower (less than +1 but with 4 rep points ive gotten +3 but this is NOT for levels but for rep)

Edited by Tennisgolfboll

The bug involves the fact that disposition doesn't count anymore, only player level

So if I want to have a paladin in my party right now, I can 1) have it not be my Watcher and 2) ignore its favored/disfavored dispositions without in any way shooting myself in the foot?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

faith and convictions is, at the moment, inexplicable to Gromnir.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85143-26gb-steam-download-302b/?p=1786371

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83952-v300929-px1-steam-faith-and-conviction-nerfed-of-bugged/?p=1786366

we got a save from ninth level main character paladin with maxed dispositions that has the same faith and convictions bonuses as when he reaches 13th level, so faith and convictions in this patch is no longer level-based.  

am perplexed and am waiting for any kinda feedback from obsidian before we continue with our paladin.  that being said, in all fairness, our expectations as 'posed to reality is not resulting in a major difference in gameplay.  our expectations were that with 3.1,  maxed dispositions bonuses to faith and convictions would result in +10 deflection and +20 to all other defenses for a main character paladin.  the current (busted?) faith and convictions is actual providing +8/+17.  is not a huge difference.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps just to clarify.  current base deflection/defenses for faith and convictions is +4/+8.  one would expect that maxed dispositions would provide an additional +6/+12 as obsidian stated that no changes to disposition based faith and conviction bonuses were intended with 3.01.  +1/+2 for each tier o' disposition advancement, yes?  that is how it has worked since... always? while dispositions allow for a tier 4, faith and convictions stops giving bonuses at 3.  with two paladin relevant dispositions, that means we got 6 individual opportunities to receive faith and conviction related bonuses-- +6/+12.  so, max possible is +10/+20, yes?

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)