So uh yeah pretty much the title, I've come back to the game since White March 2 has come out , apparently alot has changed but i've kind of worn out the companions (despite how awesome Hiravius and Aloth are) so I figured it would be fun to play some familiar characters...might consider dropping in a character or two from another game/anime but at the very least Frog/Glenn must be included since he was alway my favorite.

Anyways I'm just currently looking for some base suggestions on holw to make a decently balanced party whilst remaioning true to the source material...ish. It's currently 1am so please pardon anything blatantly wrong.

Note: Still trying out the new companions in case i like them :)

So uh yeah this is what i got...again quite late, needed to post this or I'd never sleep :p

Frog Green Orlan Fighter S&B
Chrono Human Paladin Greatsword
Ayla Human or Dwarf? Monk or Barbarian? Unarmed
Marle Human Cleric or Chanter? X-Bow
Lucca Human Rogue or Bard? Guns!!
Magus Elven Wizard

So yeah, once I get some sleep I'll probably flesh out some more solid stats but please I'm open to suggestions :D

Side-question: How do I access the white march 1 & 2 content?

Edited by Failedlegend
  • Like 1

IMO:

Crono = Human Fighter

In-game, Crono primarily uses physical attacks. He does have some spell casting ability, but you only really use his Sword attacks and techs. This game lacks katanas however. Though you can probably run either a Greatsword or Estoc.

Marle = Human Priest

Obvious, since she's primarily a healer. None of the Priest orders have Crossbow as a favored weapon though.

Lucca = Human Cipher

Lucca is primarily a magic user once she's able to use spells in CT so Cipher seems like a perfect fit, since they can easily be made to be a gunslinging mage (Though only a single fire based power sadly). Wizard is not a bad choice either if you lean towards fire spells for her choices.

Frog = Wild Orlan Paladin

Paladin is a perfect match for Frog. He is your other healer remember, but also just feels fitting. Frog never uses any shields of any kind, so I'd probably go for a greatsword. Up to you though.

Ayla = Human Monk

Duh.

Magus = Pale Elf Wizard

Also duh. Pale Elf is probably the more fitting of the two elven races just by skin and hair color XD

Unfortunately there are no scythes in PoE, so you'll probably have to improvise.

This also gives you a pretty good balance as well. With "Crono" and "Ayla" acting as your party's tanks, "Frog" and "Marle" acting as the party's healers and supporters and "Lucca" and "Magus" as the party's damage dealers... which actually does follow their roles in CT itself!

Also don't forget to make custom portraits for maximum immersion.

• Like 2

IMO:

Crono = Human Fighter

In-game, Crono primarily uses physical attacks. He does have some spell casting ability, but you only really use his Sword attacks and techs. This game lacks katanas however. Though you can probably run either a Greatsword or Estoc.

Marle = Human Priest

Obvious, since she's primarily a healer. None of the Priest orders have Crossbow as a favored weapon though.

Lucca = Human Cipher

Lucca is primarily a magic user once she's able to use spells in CT so Cipher seems like a perfect fit, since they can easily be made to be a gunslinging mage (Though only a single fire based power sadly). Wizard is not a bad choice either if you lean towards fire spells for her choices.

Paladin is a perfect match for Frog. He is your other healer remember, but also just feels fitting. Frog never uses any shields of any kind, so I'd probably go for a greatsword. Up to you though.

Ayla = Human Monk

Duh.

Magus = Pale Elf Wizard

Also duh. Pale Elf is probably the more fitting of the two elven races just by skin and hair color XD

Unfortunately there are no scythes in PoE, so you'll probably have to improvise.

This also gives you a pretty good balance as well. With "Crono" and "Ayla" acting as your party's tanks, "Frog" and "Marle" acting as the party's healers and supporters and "Lucca" and "Magus" as the party's damage dealers... which actually does follow their roles in CT itself!

Agree with all of these except possible Crono. The challenge is he's a solid fighter with a combination of physical combat skills and wind/lightning elemental skills, which is difficult to reproduce in PoE. The other challenge is are you looking at the in game lore or mechanics?

For instance I can see a sword wielding druid with lightning storms all around him feeling like Crono. However Crono isn't really a druid thematically.

IMO:

Crono = Human Fighter

Marle = Human Priest

Lucca = Human Cipher

Ayla = Human Monk

Duh.

Magus = Pale Elf Wizard

-This is responding to everyone I just replyed to the first relevant post- (Glad Heijou likes my idea though :D)

Chrono

- Estoc is probably the closest to a "Katana" and I mainly chose Paladin because of Chrono's Light based attacks but fighter makes more sense if we ignore his spells.

- Druid is an interesting option but unless i let him wildshape I'd lose a tank and frankly i prefer to have 3. If you could precast wizard buffs than a Gish build might work...I dunno.

Marle

- I was mainly considering Bard due to the lack of Deities favoring X-Bows and frankly despite being the primary healer Bard or Rogue suits her personality better, speaking of which assuming I do go Priest what Diety would you guys suggest, I'm thinking Eothas but Wael (ignoring story reveals) might suit her rebellious nature...I dunno this is clear Fanfic stuff since I'm merging to worlds essentially, although wormholes and all easily explained that they randomly show up in this world and than meet up in the nearest town (it wouldnt be the first time a gate separated them)

Lucca

- Cipher was my first thought but the lack of fire turned me off and I didn't want to go mage since Magus pretty much has to be that, unless I can fit Robo in but the available races limit that (a green orlan is already pushing it with frog)

Frog

- When I last played Paladin was a pretty underpowered Tank compared to fighter and I was aiming to make frog my main but I guess your riught he basically has to be, as for the shield whilst he never wielded one in game he does in nearly all the concept art which makes sense since the Masamune is a Hand and a Half Sword...usable one or two handed. Can you make a good tank without a shield? Oh and again I'd think Eothas fits the best Diety wise (but again wrong weapons :()...Magran favors sword but i dont think it fits.

Ayla

yeah Monk is the default choice for uinarmed combat but Ayla's combat styhle is more about being a giant ball of strength and battle rage hence Barbarain, if there was multi-classing in Pillars I would definitely make her some sort of Monk/Barbarian since there's no alignment in pillars (would a Barbarian with the Monk Multi-class Talent work?), also unless it's changed with 2.0 or 3.0 monks seemed quite weak to me.

Magus

No argument he's fairly obviously a Wizard especially since he can use all the elements IIRC. (and yeah Pale elf is perfect for the coloring

Oh yeah definitely if it weren't for custom portraits I probably wouldn't be doing this. I will probably post their Small and Large Portraits here and maybe their bios :D I dunno depends on my free time :p

Edited by Failedlegend

- Druid is an interesting option but unless i let him wildshape I'd lose a tank and frankly i prefer to have 3. If you could precast wizard buffs than a Gish build might work...I dunno.

Huh, druid would actually work really well. since they do primarily use shock based spells.

Druids can tank without spiritshift incidentally, though you would need to use a shield. You mainly use spiritshift for the extra DR when using a Druid tank.

Lucca

- Cipher was my first thought but the lack of fire turned me off and I didn't want to go mage since Magus pretty much has to be that, unless I can fit Robo in but the available races limit that (a green orlan is already pushing it with frog)

I did also suggest a fire-based Wizard. Wizards can use guns just fine, though Blast doesn't work with them.

Frog

- When I last played Paladin was a pretty underpowered Tank compared to fighter and I was aiming to make frog my main but I guess your riught he basically has to be, as for the shield whilst he never wielded one in game he does in nearly all the concept art which makes sense since the Masamune is a Hand and a Half Sword...usable one or two handed. Can you make a good tank without a shield? Oh and again I'd think Eothas fits the best Diety wise (but again wrong weapons sad.png)...Magran favors sword but i dont think it fits.

Paladins are incredible tanks now. Faith and Conviction also scales with level now, so you don't need to make him the main character (Though it is more optimal). You can tank with a two-hander just fine during mid and late game. During early game or the more dangerous fights though, you'll definitely want to pull out a shield for them.

Ayla

yeah Monk is the default choice for uinarmed combat but Ayla's combat styhle is more about being a giant ball of strength and battle rage hence Barbarain, if there was multi-classing in Pillars I would definitely make her some sort of Monk/Barbarian since there's no alignment in pillars (would a Barbarian with the Monk Multi-class Talent work?), also unless it's changed with 2.0 or 3.0 monks seemed quite weak to me.

Outlander's Frenzy will allow you to use the Barbarian's Frenzy ability as a Monk, its not a bad pick for them either. Though the attack speed buff from it doesn't stack with Swift Strikes.

Huh, druid would actually work really well. since they do primarily use shock based spells.

Druids can tank without spiritshift incidentally, though you would need to use a shield. You mainly use spiritshift for the extra DR when using a Druid tank.

Lucca

I did also suggest a fire-based Wizard. Wizards can use guns just fine, though Blast doesn't work with them.

Frog

- When I last played Paladin was a pretty underpowered Tank compared to fighter and I was aiming to make frog my main but I guess your riught he basically has to be, as for the shield whilst he never wielded one in game he does in nearly all the concept art which makes sense since the Masamune is a Hand and a Half Sword...usable one or two handed. Can you make a good tank without a shield? Oh and again I'd think Eothas fits the best Diety wise (but again wrong weapons sad.png)...Magran favors sword but i dont think it fits.

Paladins are incredible tanks now. Faith and Conviction also scales with level now, so you don't need to make him the main character (Though it is more optimal). You can tank with a two-hander just fine during mid and late game. During early game or the more dangerous fights though, you'll definitely want to pull out a shield for them.

Ayla

Outlander's Frenzy will allow you to use the Barbarian's Frenzy ability as a Monk, its not a bad pick for them either. Though the attack speed buff from it doesn't stack with Swift Strikes.

Hmmm...so chrono as a Non-shifting Druid Tank with a lightning/storm focus...too bad i cant hide the irrelevant spells :( but minor issue, sounds cool...guess saber for 1-h sword?

I mainly meant that if i made Lucca a caster it would clash with Magus so Cypher sounds like the better option for varuety sake...too bad i cant just make all the cipher abilities orange instead of purpley blue :(

Oh they got a big boost cool, Frog as a Paladin w/ Greatsword it is than...too bad i cant rename weapons in Pillars I would rename weapons to the one's each CT character gets in-game (ie. Masamune), also I probably will make him the main character since he's my favorite :)

Monk with Barb mutli-class talent, sounds about right :)

As for magus a Q-Staff, Pike or Pollaxe would sorta work.

Edited by Failedlegend

Here's what I have so far, will figure out talents soon. (As well as Druid Crono and Two-hander Frog)

Name: Crono

Species: Human

Class: Fighter

Stats: Mgt 16 Con 14 Dex 14 Per 14 Int 4 Res 16

Weapons: Estoc

Skills: Athletics, Survival

Voice: None (cause you, know silent protagonist)

Talents:

1F Disciplined Barrage

Name: Frog

Species: Orlan (Green)

Class: Paladin

Stats: Mgt 10 Con 16 Dex 10 Per 6 Int 18 Res 18

Weapons: Saber & Shield

Order: Shieldbearers

Talents:

1P Lay on Hands

Name: Ayla

Class: Monk

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 18 Dex 18 Per 8 Int 8 Res 8

Weapons: Unarmed

Skills: Stealth, Survival, Athletics

Talents:

1M Torment's Reach

?? Outlander's Frenzy

Name: Marle

Class: Priest

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 10 Dex 18 Per 3 Int 19 Res 10

Weapons: X-Bow

Skills: Lore, Survival

Deity: Eothas

Talents:

Name: Lucca

Class: Cipher

Stats: Mgt 19 Con 6 Dex 18 Per 12 Int 19 Res 4

Weapons: Pistol

Skills: Mechanics, Lore, Stealth

Talents:

Name: Magus

Species: Pale Elf

Class: Wizard

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 6 Dex 19 Per 12 Int 19 Res 4

Weapons: Implement

Talents:

Edited by Failedlegend

OK worked out Talents choices for all but Two-handed Frog, I will add him soon and will outline spells as well. Please any input on stats talents, etc is quite welcome.

Crono Human Fighter

Stats: Mgt 16 Con 14 Dex 14 Per 14 Int 4 Res 16

Voice: None

1F Disciplined Barrage

2T WF: Adventurer

3F Confidant Aim

4T 2-Handed Style

5F WS: Adventurer

6T Hold the Line

7F Armored Grace

8T Inturrupting Blows

9F Into the Fray

10T WM: Adventurer

11F Clear Out

12T Rapid Recovery?

13F Sundering Blow

14T Superior Deflection?

15F Unbroken

16T Vulnerable Attack?

Frog Green Orlan Paladin

Weapons: Sword & Shield

1P Lay on Hands

2T Weapon & Shield Style

3P Zealous Focus or Endurance

4T Hold the Line

5P Liberating Exhortation

6T Cautious Attack

7P Revining Exhortation

8T Greater Lay on Hands

9P Reinforcing Exortation

10T Shielding Touch

11P Healing Chain

12T Deep Faith

13P Righteous Soul

14T Superior Deflection

15P Behold the Martyr

16T Veteran's Recovery?

Race: Human

Class: Monk

Skills: Stealth, Survival, Athletics

1M Torment's Reach

2T Outlander's Frenzy

3M Turning Wheel

4T Two Weapon Style

5M Soul Mirror

6T Veteran's Recovery

7M The Long Pain

8T Apprentice's Sneak Attack

9M Duality of Mortal Presence

10T Scion of Flame

11M Iron Wheel

12T Superior Deflection

13M Skyward Kick

14T Savage Attack?

15M Resonant Touch or Dichotmeus Soul

16T Envenomed Strike?

Class: Priest

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 10 Dex 18 Per 3 Int 19 Res 10

2T Interdiction

4T Painful Interdiction

6T Empowered Interdiction

8T Gunner

9P Spell Mastery: Halt

10T Brilliant Radiance

11P Spell Mastery: Consecrated Ground

12T Marksman

13P Spell Mastery: Circle of Protection

14T WF: Knight

15P Spell Mastery: Restore Major Endurance

16T Veteran's Recovery?

Class: Cipher

Stats: Mgt 19 Con 6 Dex 18 Per 12 Int 19 Res 4

Weapons: Pistol

Skills: Mechanics, Stealth

2T Biting Whip

4T Draining Whip

6T WF: Ruffian

8T Gunner

10T Marksman

12T Psychic Backlash

14T Brutal Backlash

16T Veteran's Recovery

Class: Wizard

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 6 Dex 19 Per 12 Int 19 Res 4

Weapons: Implement

Skills: Lore

2T Blast

4T Penetrating Blast

6T WF: Adventurer

8T Spirit of Decay

9W Spell Mastery: Fan of Flames

10T Scion of Flame

11W Spell Mastery: Necrotic Lance

12T Heart of the Storm

13W Spell Mastery: Noxious Burst

14T Secrets of Rime

15W Spell Mastery: Dimensional Shift

16T Quick Switch?

Alternates

Class: Druid

Stats: Mgt 14 Con 16 Dex 10 Per 10 Int 10 Res 18

Weapons: Saber and Shield

Skills: Survival

Voice: None (cause you, know silent protagonist)

2T Veteran's Recovery

4T Shield Style

6T Hold the Line

8T Cautious Attack

9D Spell Mastery: Nature's Vigor

10T Superior Deflection

11D Spell Mastery: Taste of the Hunt

12T Snakes Reflexes

13D Spell Mastery: Beetle Shell

14T Bull's Will

15D Form of Delemgam

16T Bear's Fortitude

Class: Wizard (with this version I would drop all lightish powers from Magus)

Stats: Mgt 14 Con 16 Dex 10 Per 10 Int 10 Res 18

2T Veteran's Recovery

4T Shield Style

6T Hold The Line

8T Arcane Veil

9T Spell Mastery: Eldritch Aim

10T Hardened Veil

11W Spell Mastery: Vital Essence

12T Superior Deflection

13W Spell Mastery: Displaced Image

14T Cautious Attack

15W Spell Mastery: Flame Shield (boo no shock shield :()

16T WF: Ruffian??

Edited by Failedlegend

I've actually been playing around with starting a playthrough with "Crono". Mine looked more like this a little less tanky and a little more lightning swordsman.

Stats: Mgt 15 Con 10 Dex 15 Per 10 Int 15 Res 13

2T Weapon and Shield Style

4T Weapon Focus Ruffian

6T Hold the Line

8T Savage Attack

9D Spell Mastery: Sunbeam

10T Superior Deflection

11D Spell Master: Taste of the Hunt

12T Apprentice’s Sneak Attack

13D Spell Master: Returnning Storm

14T Snake’s Reflexes

15D Moonwell/Form of Delemgam

16T Bear’s Fortitude

For Druid Chrono, you probably shouldn't raise CON and RES that high. If it goes against character to have less than 18 RES, at least switch PER and CON.

Please CMIIW because frankly I'm no where near system mastery of pillars but isn't Res and Con the prime tanking stats especially on a class with lower starting values in those

I've actually been playing around with starting a playthrough with "Crono". Mine looked more like this a little less tanky and a little more lightning swordsman.

Stats: Mgt 15 Con 10 Dex 15 Per 10 Int 15 Res 13

2T Weapon and Shield Style

4T Weapon Focus Ruffian

6T Hold the Line

8T Savage Attack

9D Spell Mastery: Sunbeam

10T Superior Deflection

11D Spell Master: Taste of the Hunt

12T Apprentice’s Sneak Attack

13D Spell Master: Returnning Storm

14T Snake’s Reflexes

15D Moonwell/Form of Delemgam

16T Bear’s Fortitude

Making him a "lightning swordsman" makes more sense for his character but that would bump up Ayla to the #2 Tanking slot and I'm not sure if an Unarmored Monk works as a primary tank in Pillars (most seem to build with weapons and heavy armor which makes no sense thematically imo), if I'm mistaken and Monk is a great tank I'd have no issue making the Crono Druid or Wizard into a straight damage dealer, more how i normally treat melee rogues & Barbarians.

Edited by Failedlegend

For Druid Chrono, you probably shouldn't raise CON and RES that high. If it goes against character to have less than 18 RES, at least switch PER and CON.

Please CMIIW because frankly I'm no where near system mastery of pillars but isn't Res and Con the prime tanking stats especially on a class with lower starting values in those

Yes, but with lower base Endurance you gain less from CON, and with a good shield and a couple of talents you won't need it that much. The point of a tanky Druid is not to be an indestructible frontliner, but to be able to stand against a couple of foes for long enough to cast your crowd control and damage spells. Having more INT, and either PER or DEX, is going to help you more than raising CON that high.

My tank druid, for exemple, has the following stats:

14 MIG,

9 CON,

9 DEX,

16 PER,

16 INT,

14 RES.

EDIT: And you don't need a "main" tank, if at least four members of your party can survive against two or three foes in melee.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

Yes, but with lower base Endurance you gain less from CON, and with a good shield and a couple of talents you won't need it that much. The point of a tanky Druid is not to be an indestructible frontliner, but to be able to stand against a couple of foes for long enough to cast your crowd control and damage spells. Having more INT, and either PER or DEX, is going to help you more than raising CON that high.

My tank druid, for example, has the following stats:

14 MIG,

9 CON,

9 DEX,

16 PER,

16 INT,

14 RES.

EDIT: And you don't need a "main" tank, if at least four members of your party can survive against two or three foes in melee.

Hmmm...Pillars stats are really odd :|

Well assuming crono, frog paladin and ayla monk i have 3, who else could be front line?

- Lucca is a cipher gunner, Magus is 100% spell caster and so is Marle...i guess i could rejig Magus as a frontline wizard with a focus on self buffs but since most spells are short duration and in combat only that seems impractical.

I agree with DreamWayfarer on party layout.

Also Ayla shouldn't be unarmored. She should be wearing hide armor (try some on to see what I mean).

Since there's no equivalent to DnD Wisdom to AC in Pillars (only bonus unarmed damage/accuracy) I suppose wearing hide armor would work (thematically, seriousdly though make a naked human female with both clothing colors one of the purples its perfect), frankly its hard to not stick all my front liners in heavy armor but it feels so wrong on a monk

Edited by Failedlegend

Well assuming crono, frog paladin and ayla monk i have 3, who else could be front line?

- Lucca is a cipher gunner, Magus is 100% spell caster and so is Marle...i guess i could rejig Magus as a frontline wizard with a focus on self buffs but since most spells are short duration and in combat only that seems impractical.

Most important buffs have long enough duration, actualy. Specially if you start by casting Alacrity, so everything gets faster.

And you could also give Marle a big shield and a hatchet. You plan to use her purely as a buffer and healer, seeing by the ridiculously low PER, so the accuracy malus won't matter. You could also remove some points from MIG to increase RES or CON. You aren't going to hit anything with that crossbow or your offensive spells anyway, and buffing is more important than healing.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

Mmm Lucca is not a cipher gunner, in my opinion. She's just a wizard with a gun, and scion of flames.

Druid Crono is probably the less bad choice for him here.

Less bad choice fits my feelings and made me  :)

3 front liners should be plenty. If you want to make Magus a melee wizard with a pike/spear you can, but don't feel like you need to for a 4th front liner.

Most important buffs have long enough duration, actualy. Specially if you start by casting Alacrity, so everything gets faster.

And you could also give Marle a big shield and a hatchet. You plan to use her purely as a buffer and healer, seeing by the ridiculously low PER, so the accuracy malus won't matter. You could also remove some points from MIG to increase RES or CON. You aren't going to hit anything with that crossbow or your offensive spells anyway, and buffing is more important than healing.

Well the x-bow serves two purposes

1. Marle uses a crossbow

2. Keeps her at a safer distance

Good to hear melee mage is actually functional, that gives me some options :)

Mmm Lucca is not a cipher gunner, in my opinion. She's just a wizard with a gun, and scion of flames.

Actually if there was a way to make the cipher effects orange instead of purple it would work much better but since Magus was already a Mage I avoided that for variety, BUT since i'm thinking of making him a melee Mage now it would differentiate them quite well

Less bad choice fits my feelings and made me  :)

3 front liners should be plenty. If you want to make Magus a melee wizard with a pike/spear you can, but don't feel like you need to for a 4th front liner.

Why is crono as a fighter or melee wizard a bad choice? Why IS druid a good choice?

Anyways an alternative party could be

Front

Frog Paladin Sword and shield (Tank+Auras+off-heal)

Ayla Monk Fists + Baby Rage (CC+Tank)

Crono Druid Estoc (Damage+Buffs)

Mid

Magus Wizard Pike (Damage+ Self Buffs)

Rear

Lucca Wizard Fire (Damage+ Party Buffing)

Marle Cleric X-Bow (Healing+ Buffs)

Why is crono as a fighter or melee wizard a bad choice? Why IS druid a good choice?

From a party perspective any of the three would work.

When trying to do a theme character I think of trying to map their defining characteristics from one world/system to another. In my opinion Crono was definitely a swordsman, but he also had light/lightning magic and that was core to his character. In PoE I would want him to have a sword (which anyone can) and have some lightning magic.

I think druid fits the best because he has numerous spells that cause lightning storms, and the ability to electrify himself/his attacks. The image of a druid fighting with an electrified saber with lightning storms going off all around him feels very Crono to me.

Melee wizard could definitely work and has a few lightning spells. The hard part would be balancing his needs for buffs, trying to cast the lightning spells and eventually getting to melee.

Fighter makes the most sense for the combat abilities but has none of the innate lightning abilities. You could try to supplement with a high lore skill and some scrolls, but that wouldn't be an every encounter sort of thing.

From a party perspective any of the three would work.

When trying to do a theme character I think of trying to map their defining characteristics from one world/system to another. In my opinion Crono was definitely a swordsman, but he also had light/lightning magic and that was core to his character. In PoE I would want him to have a sword (which anyone can) and have some lightning magic.

I think druid fits the best because he has numerous spells that cause lightning storms, and the ability to electrify himself/his attacks. The image of a druid fighting with an electrified saber with lightning storms going off all around him feels very Crono to me.

Melee wizard could definitely work and has a few lightning spells. The hard part would be balancing his needs for buffs, trying to cast the lightning spells and eventually getting to melee.

Fighter makes the most sense for the combat abilities but has none of the innate lightning abilities. You could try to supplement with a high lore skill and some scrolls, but that wouldn't be an every encounter sort of thing.

OH thematically not mechanically, yeah i like druid best as well :)

Ok I reworked some stuff based on feedback (still not sure on some talents, seem to run out of good ones) and added pictures (Click name for Large Pic)

Name: Frog (MC)

Species: Orlan (Green)

Class: Royal Bodyguard (Paladin)

Weapons: Sword & Shield

1P Lay on Hands

2T Weapon & Shield Style

3P Zealous Focus or Endurance

4T Hold the Line

5P Liberating Exhortation

6T Cautious Attack

7P Reviving Exhortation

8T Greater Lay on Hands

9P Reinforcing Exhortation

10T Shielding Touch

11P Healing Chain

12T Deep Faith

13P Righteous Soul

14T Superior Deflection

15P Behold the Martyr

16T Veteran's Recovery?

Race: Human

Class: Prehistoric Chieftain (Monk w/Rage)

Skills: Survival, Athletics

1M Torment's Reach

2T Outlander's Frenzy

3M Turning Wheel

4T Two Weapon Style

5M Soul Mirror

6T Veteran's Recovery

7M The Long Pain

9M Duality of Mortal Presence

10T Scion of Flame

11M Iron Wheel

12T Superior Deflection

13M Skyward Kick

14T Savage Attack

15M Resonant Touch or Dichotomous Soul

16T Bloody Slaughter

Class: Lightning Swordsman (Druid)

Stats: Mgt 14 Con 10 Dex 16 Per 16 Int 10 Res 12

Voice: None (cause you know "silent" protagonist)

2T WF: Adventurer

4T 2-Handed Style

6T Interrupting Blows

9D Spell Mastery: Nature's Vigor

10T Savage Attack

11D Spell Mastery: Taste of the Hunt

12T Blood Slaughter

13D Spell Mastery: Returning Storm

14T Heart of the Storm

15D Spell Mastery: Form of Delemgan

16T Superior Deflection? Veteran's Recovery?

Class: Battle Mage (Self-Buffing Wizard w/ Reach weapon)

Stats: Mgt 14 Con 8 Dex 14 Per 14 Int 14 Res 14 (This feels wrong...?)

Weapons: Pike

2T Arcane Veil

4T Hardened Veil

6T Superior Deflection

8T WF: Soldier

9W SF: Eldritch Aim

10T Snake's Reflexes

11W Spell Mastery: Elemental Bulwark

12T Bull's Will

13W Spell Mastery: Alacrity

14T Bear's Fortitude

15W Spell Mastery: Flame Shield

16T Veteran's Recovery?

Class: Princess (Priest)

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 6 Dex 18 Per 14 Int 18 Res 4

Skills: Lore

2T Interdiction

4T Painful Interdiction

6T Empowered Interdiction

8T Gunner

9P Spell Mastery: Halt

10T Brilliant Radiance

11P Spell Mastery: Consecrated Ground

12T Marksman

13P Spell Mastery: Circle of Protection

14T WF: Knight

15P Spell Mastery: Restore Major Endurance

16T Deep Pockets (mainly for scrolls)

Class: Inventor (Fire Wizard w/ Gun)

Stats: Mgt 18 Con 4 Dex 18 Per 16 Int 18 Res 4

Weapons: Blunderbuss

Skills: Mechanics, Stealth

2T Scion of Flame

4T Gunner

6T WF: Ruffian

8T Marksman
9W Spell Mastery: Dazzling Lights

10T Envenomed Strike

11W Spell Mastery: Ray of Fire

12T Penetrating Shot

13W Spell Mastery: Delay of Motion

14T Apprentice Sneak Attack

15W Spell Mastery: Wall of Flame

16T Deep Pockets (mainly for traps)

Small Pics

Marle_sm_zpsfhf1q8qo.pngCrono_sm_zpssowrhbu0.pngAyla_sm_zpspuzmssgj.pngFrog_sm_zpsjmkxwghf.pngmagus_sm_zpspe4lsuez.pngLucca_sm_zpsfasbuxg7.png

So I was browsing the forums and came across a similar thread to this one except its for a "FF4" party, the author of the thread had a cool idea to grant each character an RP friendly "Racial ability" instead of the default human one...which is frankly boring since most of my party and all of his party is human. This adds a little more variety and flavour to his characters so I figured I would se how it looks with mine.

Anyways here's what I figured off the top of my head, feel free to make suggestions, if i feel it makes me too strong ill turn up the difficulty,  maybe try out POTD.

Ayla: Since imo Ayla is a Monk/Barb (DM allowed alignment restrictions to be waived :p) and she's already a monk so i looked into the barb abilities for some ideas

- Blooded (bonus damage when below 50% hp)

- Brute Force (attacks target fort or deflect whichever is lower)

- Threatening Presence ( small aoe around self thats causes sickened effect)

Frog: Since frog is a paladin the only other class that is likely to have stuf to help him is fightr so i picked up a few candidates from there

- Armored Grace (reduced armor speed penalty) despite his heavy armor Frog is able to move around quite well to do things like leap slash and x-strike

- Into the fray or charge: feels very "x-strike" like, give to crono as well for further effect

- Take the hit or Guardian stance: Reflects frogs drive to protect others

Crono: Sadly due to the lack of class specific abilities for spellcasters (aside from the spells) there's nothing to focus on that as a racial ability so for crono we should focus on the swordsman side. TYis a shame that monks swift strikes is unarmed only it would be perfect

- Into the fray or charge: feels very "x-strike" like, give to crono as well for further effect

- Riposte (enemy miss = free attack): seems very duelisty

Lucca: Sadly due to the lack of class specific abilities for spellcasters (aside from the spells) there's nothing to focus on that as a racial ability so for Lucca we should focus on the gunner side.

- Powder Burn (creates a shotgun like effect): this sits lucca perfectly imo assuming we flavour it as lucca modifying her gun.

- Swift Aim (faster reload/attack rate, less accuracy) lucca shows great profiecinecy with her gun and frankly id ee this as yet another mod to her guns.

Marle: Sadly due to the lack of class specific abilities for spellcasters (aside from the spells) there's nothing to focus on that as a racial ability so for Marle we should focus on the x-bow side

- Driving flight (arrows bounce once)

- Swift Aim (faster reload/attack rate, less accuracy) I think it suits lucca better but if i dont choose it for lucca it might work for marle if i cant find anything more apt

- Minor Threat (hits -> crits): frankly marle is the least threatening member of CTs crew

Magus: I honestly know very little about him being my least favorite chracter, still considering cramming in robo somehow (orange aumanu?) but yeah mianly looked it "villainy" stuff so primarily pulled stuff from rogue.

- Dirty Fighter ( hits -> Crits)

- Deep wounds (melee attack DoT): seems scythe appropriate

- Reckless assault( bonus accuracy/damage, lowered deflection) : seems to fit magus