Bug: Deck rewards/changes lost between adventures

Deekow

Question

Still attempting to see if there's anything specific that triggers the behavior, but I have limited information so far.  Here's the sequence of events since I started playing:

1. Started a game with Merisiel and Kyra. On the world map screen, went into the card lists and changed cards out (because the suggested/default starting decks are not fantastic :) )

2. Hit the blue right arrow to do what appears to save the decks.

3. From the world map screen, went back into the decks to see if it did in fact save as there was no indication that this is how you should actually alter the decks; however, it appeared fine and that all changes were made correctly.

4. Started a game; both character decks were entirely reverted to suggested/default, no changes I made were kept (once such change, as an example was giving Merisiel both daggers as starting equipment, instead of the darts... after the reversion, she had darts again).

5. Deleted the game as I had something worth testing.

6. Started a new game, made same changes, verified that the changes appeared persistent by looking again after "saving"/"moving on".

7. This time, when I actually started Brigandoom, the changes were made and both characters had the starting decks I desired.

8. I finished the scenario successfully, and claimed the new item card rewards.

9. I made changes to the decks, this time with limited options, which adheres to the rules regarding character upgrades between scenarios.

10. I started Poison Pill.

11. Both characters had their entire default starting decks again, with no changes based on my initial starting deck changes, nor earned upgrades swapped in between scenarios.

Other than making sure I hit the blue 'right arrow' which seems to be the 'save and move on' during each screen transition, when applicable, i can't think of any other details that stand out. But, if you ask specific questions, maybe that will rattle further details out of me. Will continue seeing if I can find anything that triggers this or further details that may apply.

Playing on iPad/Retina (4th Gen) on iOS 9

Edited by Deekow
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

To follow up with this, I started over again and had all the upgrades I received the next time I made it to Poison Pill. The only thing that -may- be different (and this is from potentially faulty memory) is that the second time I made it to Poison Pill I actually inspected the cards at the beginning of Poison Pill (once actually 'in' the scenario, beyond the world map, when you choose locations) and clicked the right blue arrow.  I'll test this specific perceived difference again tomorrow and report findings.

Played Brigandoom again, this time, right after rewards I got to the World Map and went to adjust deck due to upgrades, and both characters decks had reset. The other cards I acquired during the game were available. The total set of cards in the mix were the {(default starting decks) + (upgrades for winning scenario) + (boons acquired during Brigandoom)}.  The cards actually chosen to replace default cards were just not available. To illustrate, I changed all three starting spells for Kyra to "Cure". After Brigandoom, in this case, she had only the single default Cure in her deck; the other two Cures were not part of the available mix at all.

I just finished Brigandoom with Kyra and Merisiel and have arrived at the "make changes between games" interface. I can pass cards between characters but there appears to be no way to banish excess cards and the program will not let me continue until I have created legal decks. Is there a location to drag the excess cards that I earned and don't want to banish them?

I just finished Brigandoom with Kyra and Merisiel and have arrived at the "make changes between games" interface. I can pass cards between characters but there appears to be no way to banish excess cards and the program will not let me continue until I have created legal decks. Is there a location to drag the excess cards that I earned and don't want to banish them?

You should be able to drag the extra cards down to the tray below the character decks.  That tray represents the "box" of the physical game, as it were.  Once all characters have legal decks, you'll be able to use the proceed button on the right to continue.

Characters can only carry so many cards into each scenario. Excess cards are shuffled back into the "box" where they may be encountered again. They are not gone from the game for good, just released back into the wild.

• Like 1

While I haven't been able to narrow down any criteria for consistent reproduction, I have noticed that this problem never occurs for me after I start Adventure Deck 1 and only occurs in the prologue (which could just be coincidence, I suppose). If that's true though, I'd expect it's related to the mechanism you have that allows players to adjust decks from Basic cards throughout the prologue, since that's the related change that starts once you begin AD1.