The Ultimate: Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity, defeat all dragons, all bounties, and both archmages on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.

Yeah...right.  Did devs actually test this one? Is that even possible without the cheats?

Good luck to anyone willing to bang their heads against that one  :no:

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Triple Crown Solo was a picture of Josh grinning, because it was supposed to be trollishly hard. People then proceeded to crush it with every class - one guy even beat the vanilla game with a 9th level rogue.

So, uh ... feel free to hold your breath, 'cause it won't be long now.

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Triple Crown Solo was a picture of Josh grinning, because it was supposed to be trollishly hard. People then proceeded to crush it with every class - one guy even beat the vanilla game with a 9th level rogue.

So, uh ... feel free to hold your breath, 'cause it won't be long now.

We'll see about that. The difference between Triple Crown Solo and this one is that you were not required to do EVERY bounty and kill all the dragons (+2 archmages), which are the toughest battles in the game.

We'll see about that. The difference between Triple Crown Solo and this one is that you were not required to do EVERY bounty and kill all the dragons (+2 archmages), which are the toughest battles in the game.

You do it by running two games in parallel with identical builds, one in Trial of Iron and one without, and rehearsing each battle in the "normal" version until you find a bombproof strategy, then you execute it in the "real" game. You have to be good at the game, of course, but basically you just need patience. I've played a bit of a way into the game solo, and those hard fights are totally beatable with some experimentation and careful use of consumables; I've no doubt that this achievement is totally doable.

It's so not my thing though.

I'll give it a week before someone beats it, tops.

• Like 3

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You do it by running two games in parallel with identical builds, one in Trial of Iron and one without, and rehearsing each battle in the "normal" version until you find a bombproof strategy, then you execute it in the "real" game. You have to be good at the game, of course, but basically you just need patience. I've played a bit of a way into the game solo, and those hard fights are totally beatable with some experimentation and careful use of consumables; I've no doubt that this achievement is totally doable.

It's so not my thing though.

I'll give it a week before someone beats it, tops.

That's basically what H2H training does, simulate something very close, then act it out in death and life.

We'll see people who do it. Not sure if I'll try it, but triple crown was eminently doable without crazy boring/weird cheese, so it's just a question of gearing up specifically for the very toughest fights.

• Like 1

Could you get around iron man mode by manualy backing up your save? Else just cheat your character to have 50 something in every stat could also work.

I see you haven't opened your saves folder. Also you can get around ironman by hitting esc just as your character dies. As long as the "you have died" screen doesn't pop up your save file isn't going anywhere.

I don't find expert or trial of iron particularly meaningful as they're both essentially just huge amounts of trial error. Ironman suits games like XCOM much better since they have a much larger element of unknown (har har), you're constantly forced to take risks and when poop hits the fan you have the option of bailing out and minimizing your losses (unless you're doing the very last mission). PoE isn't designed around soloing or ironman.

Kudos for anyone who has the patience to pull this off though, I know mine was tested several times the first time I finished PoE on PotD. That was on a fully custom party of 6 rangers, not an optimal lineup but extremely straightforward.

People did Adra Dragon solo in vanilla and that fight was an order of magnitude more difficult than anything introduced in WM. Expect cheese of one variety or another.

Edited by kvaak

Also, this is the no spoilers forum und you are spoiling the optional enemies of WM2, which people may not have played. On GoG, this achievement is properly hidden so there is no spoiler.

It's open for all to see on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/291650/achievements

What's your point?

It's also open for all to see on any arbitrary achievement site on the internet. However, you don't see it in the game if you don't want to and the spoiler free part of the forum is supposed to be spoiler free (otherwise, what's the point?).

I'm not complaining because I was spoiled (I sadly spoiled myself about those encounters before), but because its already spoilt in the first sentence of the thread and there is no way to evade it like that, since the caption is open enough to mean anything.

I see the color was changed, but its still readable. Spoiler tags should be utilized.

This is not hard at all.

If parallel to my own completionist solo of WM1 I had a 2nd save only with Expert and ToI, then I would almost have the achievement already.

As somebody pointed out already ToI is not that hard as long as you test a fight out with exactly the same build on non ToI.

Expert mode is more an annoyance than actual difficulty increase.

This is not hard at all.

If parallel to my own completionist solo of WM1 I had a 2nd save only with Expert and ToI, then I would almost have the achievement already.

As somebody pointed out already ToI is not that hard as long as you test a fight out with exactly the same build on non ToI.

Yes, I would have like also a "simple" Ultimate achievement (like the Solo achievement), without the expert and the trial of iron options.

• Like 3

This is not hard at all.

Yes, I would have like also a "simple" Ultimate achievement (like the Solo achievement), without the expert and the trial of iron options.

You dont understand it? If you did it without ToI you can do it with ToI - at least if you know how to ToI - sure, if you are very unlucky you have to start again - but if you do this, you have too much time.

You dont use strategys where one roll decides if you win or loose.

You try strategies without ToI until you found one that works about every try, after that you do it with your ToI safe - takes time but is quite reliable.

Edited by Reent

This is not hard at all.

You dont understand it? If you did it without ToI you can do it with ToI - at least if you know how to ToI - sure, if you are very unlucky you have to start again - but if you do this, you have too much time.

You dont use strategys where one roll decides if you win or loose.

You try strategies without ToI until you found one that works about every try, after that you do it with your ToI safe - takes time but is quite reliable.

Too much time?

You realize this takes as long as playing a normal save without ToI? ;)

Your "strategy" takes even longer and can result in death if you truly go for the new achievment, beating all optional content.

The thing that i'm curious about is, does sacrifice a companion in Effigy's Resentment will work ? Sacrifice Eder for 1might and 2 deflection will be a huge buff with solo play. Anyone know about it ?

How are you gonna get Eder in your party if you're not allowed to have companions after Tutorial? ;)