Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

1. Icon seems odd.The goblin head makes sense and looks good. But the d20 behind it doesn't makes sense for a card game that doesn't use a d20. 

2. No cursor showing which field you are entering into.

3. Password not blanked out as you input it.

4. When I put my e-mail address in, I had a space in it so an error popped up, something about API. But it was half covered by the login screen so I couldn't tell what it says. 

Thanks for the feedback on the store icon. I'll pass it along.

The other issues are mentioned on the first post as known issues.

• Like 1

Sorry,about duplicating the known issues. I read Mikey's post again but don't see them mentioned.

When buying a character from the store, Merisiel is lurking behind every other character.

I assume because she is one of the original characters you receive and you can't buy her, or maybe it's because she's a rogue.

In the tutorial, with Orik's first turn.

I clicked on ?! in the upper left.

It told me what reveal, display, recharge, discard, bury, banish did.

Then it went through the list again.

Does not appear to reproduce when I click ?! again.

Normal behaviour 

However, I can now only click ?!.

Can not draw a card from the location deck.

Cannot continue the tutorial. Had to restart the app.

Edited by PinkRose

Tutorial. Defeated the Sand Point Devil (YAY).

Message popped up that said It's almost always better to recharge than discard a card.

The message stayed showing even while the Sand Point Devil was being moved to another location on the world map.

Didn't go away until we went back to the farmhouse and the next message about being done exploring popped-up.

I've been having repeat crashes.  Right now, I finished Heroic Difficulty on the Base Set Scenario's.  Once I completed Black Fang's Dungeon, I then realized I had received some gold.  I went into the store and purchased Harsk, Ezren and the Adventure Path 1.  However, since that point I have not been able to play the game again. I have all four of the unlocked characters in my party. I have tried starting at Adventure Path 1, and my tablet freezes.  I've tried starting at the beginning scenario again, in all three difficulties and my tablet freezes.  I am unable to drag anyone out of my party as well. 

An additional bug of sorts from my iPad Air 2:

You can trick the card selection screen to let you go forward without enough cards (and trigger selecting any Basic card) by discarding what cards you want from each category, then picking any category, discarding a card, and adding cards until that category is full.  Because that category validates, it tricks the engine into letting you go forward.  This is, of course, quite useful in early games, but presumably unintended.

A couple of more issues (iPad Air 2):

1)  One time, when I started playing, my party consisted of Kyra, Merisiel, Kyra, and Merisiel.  I was unable to change this in the party editor, and the net result was that any attempted scenario tried to throw 6 locations against me.  I started the story mode over, and it reset it successfully.

2)  Moving normally to the Temple did not force me to discard.

iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2.1.

On three occasions, I have been unable to complete the Explore phase of a player's turn. I will complete a check, but after that there is no red End Turn button on the middle right side of the screen, and all but the green Explore icon in the upper right are dim and inaccessible. I can quit the game, but when I return I can only repeat the check, and am still stuck. This happened on two campaigns and a quest, effectively stopping any forward progress.

If I could just forfeit the game, I could at least get out of the loop. But as noted in another thread, this is not an option that has been provided. It really should be. Nobody wants to have to grind out a game that starts as a disaster (plus it gets me out of my current Beta woes.)

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

I was playing "Brigandoom!" on Legendary difficulty with "Arrow Traps" as one of the wildpowers. I encountered "Battered Chest" and defeated it at Wooden Bridge. After defeating it, I rolled the 1d4 for "Arrow Traps" to see if I needed to take any ranged damage but I was not given the opportunity to roll 1d4 for the items for beating "Battered Chest". There were no options for me to end my turn or roll the die for the items. 

Resolution: I tapped on the store icon and went back into the game and it allowed me to roll the 1d4 for items. 

Ipad Mini 3

The Poison Pill

As I was temporarily closing City Gate with Merisiel, a d4 was showing as my "combat" die when the combat die is a d8. I was able to tap her character icon and go back to the combat check to see that it had changed to a d8.

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

For the combat difficulty that was increased by 4, it could have been you were using a weapon you didn't have proficiency with.  I noticed that a few times during my play through.

I've been having repeat crashes.  Right now, I finished Heroic Difficulty on the Base Set Scenario's.  Once I completed Black Fang's Dungeon, I then realized I had received some gold.  I went into the store and purchased Harsk, Ezren and the Adventure Path 1.  However, since that point I have not been able to play the game again. I have all four of the unlocked characters in my party. I have tried starting at Adventure Path 1, and my tablet freezes.  I've tried starting at the beginning scenario again, in all three difficulties and my tablet freezes.  I am unable to drag anyone out of my party as well. 

Went to bed to let the tablet rest overnight.  When I woke up this morning, I attempted to create a new account with my husband's information.  When I got the account set up, it still had all of my information and saves from my account.  Could not get any games to load with all four characters.  I tried the different difficulties on the Base Set adventures and I tried the adventure path 1.  I even went into story mode, chose the four characters and it still froze when I tried to start the adventure.  Is there a way to hard set the game?  Should I just delete and re-install?

1) When trying to sign-up my user name was rejected but I didn't get an explanation as to why it just wouldn't let me sign-up until I changed it. 

2) There's either a bug or I have the worst luck, every time I used Kyra's start of turn Cure ability I rolled a 1+1, this happened 8 times.

Hrqt4Gs.jpg

Edited by Cocky-Rooster
  • Like 1

I went through All of normal difficulty and heroic difficulty last night.  I was logged in via facebook but that bug has already been discovered.  Here are a few things I have discovered. 

During the tutorial, it explains each card could have different types of checks but it doesn't explain to drag down to choose the check you want to do.

During the tutorial, I cast Acid Arrow on Ameiko and it gave her a d10 instead of 2d4. 

I was doing a wisdom check, I cast Blessing of Calistria (non combat Dex).  It changed me automatically to the D4s.  I then chose to go back to Wisdom but instead of just giving me 1 D12, it gave me 2 D12. 

I was at the Shrine and found an Ancient Skeleton.  I Defeated the ancient skeleton.  I attempted to close the location using Guidance.  I failed my check.  I was then given the option to recharge Guidance.  Once i recharged the card, it allowed me to attempt to close the location once more. 

On the treasure chest area in the store, guaranteed is misspelled. 

Thanks we'll look into those!

Acid Arrow was changed by design. The text on the card should reflect that as well.

I just went back through the tutorial and Acid Arrow is showing 2d4 but is giving a d10.

I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Avant and everything is too small.  The location descriptions are very hard to read and to avoid pushing the wrong button takes concentration.  Yet there is plenty of empty space to enlarge these items. Or give a blow up feature like cards have.  (For transparency I am 51 and this might not be a problem for younger players).

Also logged in with Facebook and still have no gold. 

I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Avant and everything is too small.  The location descriptions are very hard to read and to avoid pushing the wrong button takes concentration.  Yet there is plenty of empty space to enlarge these items. Or give a blow up feature like cards have.  (For transparency I am 51 and this might not be a problem for younger players).

Also logged in with Facebook and still have no gold. 

Hi Acamp1!

For now we recommend players avoid using the Facebook login and to just create a new account and use that at he welcome screen.

Also the UI was designed to work with Tablets for now and while the game may run on a phone we are still working on making a UI specifically for phones. :)

• Like 1

Ebee, I don't think that lack of proficiency was an issue. My Kyra only ever used a Mace or a Flaming Mace +1, and Merisiel starts proficient with weapons if I am remembering correctly. I wonder if that's where the hiccup may have come up in coding though -- but I didn't notice the issue with any non-Veteran monsters.

I also have only rolled 2 with Kyra's Cure spells.

Also, Merisiel is not proficient with weapons to start.

Thanks!

Just checked and had Kyra play 10 cure spells and I rolled random numbers. Actually rolled about three 4's. Which I wish I could do when playing normally...

Merisiel is not supposed to be proficient with weapons to start and when I double checked she is not proficient with weapons to start in the build as well. Not sure if I'm reading your comment wrong?

An additional bug of sorts from my iPad Air 2:

You can trick the card selection screen to let you go forward without enough cards (and trigger selecting any Basic card) by discarding what cards you want from each category, then picking any category, discarding a card, and adding cards until that category is full.  Because that category validates, it tricks the engine into letting you go forward.  This is, of course, quite useful in early games, but presumably unintended.

The way we do deck editing now is during the first 3 scenario's, Brigandoom!, Poison Pill and Black Fang's Dungeon, you are allowed to edit your decks and pick from basic cards to do so. Once you reach Attack on Sandpoint you should be unable to do this.

That being said the way you tripped the system up is not how it should be working. Thanks for pointing it out!

Went to bed to let the tablet rest overnight.  When I woke up this morning, I attempted to create a new account with my husband's information.  When I got the account set up, it still had all of my information and saves from my account.  Could not get any games to load with all four characters.  I tried the different difficulties on the Base Set adventures and I tried the adventure path 1.  I even went into story mode, chose the four characters and it still froze when I tried to start the adventure.  Is there a way to hard set the game?  Should I just delete and re-install?

What happens when you attempt to load a save?  Does it just not respond, go to loading screen and never load, something else?

You can try clearing out the game's cache - that may fix the issue.  To do that you'd need to go into the device's settings, the application subsection, and find the entry for Pathfinder Adventures.  Once selected, it should give you the option to clear cache.  (This is all slightly different depending on OS Version and actual device, but should be generally the same across them all).

I also have only rolled 2 with Kyra's Cure spells.

Also, Merisiel is not proficient with weapons to start.

Thanks!

Just checked and had Kyra play 10 cure spells and I rolled random numbers. Actually rolled about three 4's. Which I wish I could do when playing normally...

Merisiel is not supposed to be proficient with weapons to start and when I double checked she is not proficient with weapons to start in the build as well. Not sure if I'm reading your comment wrong?

I can also verify that I've rolled non-1 numbers for Kyra during Brigandoom, so I suppose that's just unfortunate luck :(

I can verify that if anyone is well versed in near impossible rolls, it's Stormbringer.  He's notorious for rolling all 1s three checks in a row - both in the digital and physical game. ;)

• Like 2