Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I hadn't read that. Thanks for sharing.

Which brings me to a great idea!!!

Could there be a link to errata in the rules?

I've read the directions before. I wouldn't go back to read them again, but I would read short FAQ style updates if a link was provided

• Like 1

I don't think we need a link at all, and it would only serve to add confusion to new players; old players that know of its existence already know its there and can bookmark it in their browsers. Further confusion could potentially occur as there are card changes that are digital only and might contradict the FAQ/errata entries found there.

• Like 2

Quest mode, Sajan and Lem, perma and PnP off, both together at The Old Light, scenario is Sandpoint with the draw a card after recharging event.

Lem uses a Spyglass and sees a Warchanter and Find Traps. He leaves them in that order. Sajan encounters and defeats the Warchanter and ends his turn. Lem does not explore, but uses Detect Magic to examine the deck and sees Find Traps. He chooses to encounter it, and it looks like he is, but the card is not visible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VEj6nRumjPdHhBOHFFR1pjaUk

I apologize for the snark. I was getting anxious.

Now, on with the show.

Turning off the tutorial in the settings menu doesn't turn off the tutorial.

Still requires me to play through it.

It's designed to turn off tutorial messages, not the tutorial itself.  But once you've completed tutorial on an account as of Beta 3, so long as you login with the same account, you should never be forced into the tutorial again.

The new build has a problem on iPad Mini 2. There is a dialog box that cannot be closed over the screen. I can still hit the buttons under it, but there is a transparent layer over the entire window.

EDIT: So I can start a game, but something about the dialog box transparency prevents the dice from being shown. Until this gets fixed, I'm stuck.

We're aware of the issue and are working on it.  It only affects some devices and not others.  Android users can work around with the back button (sometimes you have to enter another screen like the tutorial for it to work).  iOS unfortunately has no known work around.

The d4 used for auto rolls for damage, like for the Trapped Locker, are still the old school die that is "hard to read".

Trapped locker doesn't seem to actually be using the auto rolls - which is a bug.  Regardless, thanks for pointing it out! :)

• Like 2

I was playing on Ezren, Merisiel, Valeros and Kyra this afternoon I had just finished 1-3 but it won't let me continue past the beginning scenario when I go to story moee, it also shows I'm up to 1-3 but none of those are unlocked.

I was playing on Ezren, Merisiel, Valeros and Kyra this afternoon I had just finished 1-3 but it won't let me continue past the beginning scenario when I go to story moee, it also shows I'm up to 1-3 but none of those are unlocked.

Sigh, my quest characters are also reset. Really frustrated to be back at square one.

The new build has a problem on iPad Mini 2. There is a dialog box that cannot be closed over the screen. I can still hit the buttons under it, but there is a transparent layer over the entire window.

EDIT: So I can start a game, but something about the dialog box transparency prevents the dice from being shown. Until this gets fixed, I'm stuck.

We're aware of the issue and are working on it.  It only affects some devices and not others.  Android users can work around with the back button (sometimes you have to enter another screen like the tutorial for it to work).  iOS unfortunately has no known work around.

Any progress on this? I haven't seen a notification for a new build recently. On the bright side, my Star Realms rank has gone up quite a bit in the last two weeks.