Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Gold got stuck at 1982.  Went through 3 games where the game stated I was getting gold but my gold did not advance.  Exiting game, going to store, reentering game fixed it.

Brigandoom! On Heroic with Painful Memories – Game is making me bury 1 card from acquiring an ally at the Waterfront.  

When moving to the temple after it has been permanently closed, you are still required to discard 1 card.

That is actually how Temple is supposed to work, even when closed. The card text needs to stay displayed while it is closed, and it might be handy for there to be a warning before you move, or something.

Ah thanks.  Location didn't say this once closed.  

I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Avant and everything is too small.  The location descriptions are very hard to read and to avoid pushing the wrong button takes concentration.  Yet there is plenty of empty space to enlarge these items. Or give a blow up feature like cards have.  (For transparency I am 51 and this might not be a problem for younger players).

Also logged in with Facebook and still have no gold. 

Hi Acamp1!

For now we recommend players avoid using the Facebook login and to just create a new account and use that at he welcome screen.

Also the UI was designed to work with Tablets for now and while the game may run on a phone we are still working on making a UI specifically for phones. :)

I tried downloading the game to my nook but could not find it in either the nook store or google play for nook.  Any advice?

The Strength spell seems to be messed up. Merisiel was at the City Gate and Kyra at Sandpoint Citadel. Merisiel encountered Tsuto and had to use bare fists. Kyra cast Strength, but an option on whom to cast it on was not given. However, Merisiel had a +3 bonus to her roll now. Furthermore, Merisiel could no longer backstab during this combat, nor the following combat to close the City Gate.

I was playing Trouble in Sandpoint and I was at the Catacombs of Wrath on Merisel.  She failed the wisdom check and the wrathful sinspawn was 1 harder.  She failed the combat check.  She rolled a 1 on the d6 for the scenario difficulty.  She got a 1 and it discarded the top card of the blessings deck.  The wrathful sinspawn was shuffled back into the location deck and the game is frozen there.  She is unable to go anywhere but you can click to quit the game, rules, options but you can't continue through the storyline.  If you hit quit the game, then continue, it goes back to the discarded blessings step. 

Just played 2-3 (I think, the one with Skinsaw Man as villain) on legendary with Kyra, Merisiel and Seelah and ran into a couple bugs.

This group just beat adventures B, 1 and 2 yesterday, clearing every scenario. Today, Seelah had reset to her default cards and no power/skills.

Also, there was no movement path to the Warrens on this scenario, so despite closing the other 4 locations, I could not move any character (from any location) to the Warrens. Had to just time out the blessings deck.

I just spotted another Kyra healing power bug -- she was alone at the town square and used or healing power on herself (my favorite use for the spell Mending). After the heal completed, I tried to use the location's power to discard a Rusted Chain Mail to explore. The power activation and selecting the chain mail went fine, but clicking or dragging on the deck to explore again did not activate the exploration. I was able to cancel out of the location power and use a Blessings of the Gods as normal, and after that exploration the location power worked as normal using the Rusted Chain Mail.

During Approach to Thistletop, during the advanced scenarios, goblins get +2d4 to their difficulty. At the Nettlemaze, you can test Wisdom to evade a monster. After the 2d4 are rolled, if you do the Wisdom check for the Nettlemaze and fail, the difficulty to defeat the goblin resets to the default difficult. This has happened with both Merisiel and Kyra with two different types of goblins.

Goblin Warchanter - Yesterday, the before you act Wisdom check never happened.

Today, it didn't happen either.  Then, when Merisiel chose her Heavy Crossbow, her dice pool changed from 1d8 (her strength) to 1d6 with no pluses (important later).  I added a blessing to make it 2d6.  I rolled I think 4 and a 2 and it said the total was 8 (exactly enough to win) (4+2=6).  I clicked next and the dice suddenly changed to the correct d12 and d10 with the faces showing 12 and 10 respectively.

Weird.

Hmmm...I think today it WAS trying to do the wisdom check.  The game made me go backwards to a d8 and put the Heavy Crossbow back in my hand.  This was not obvious what it was doing.

Yesterday it definitely skipped the Wisdom check.

I don't know if it's a bug or just the crappy tablet I'm using.  But I was able to get up to unlocking two characters, then my system kept crashing every time I tried to play one of the new ones.  Then I started over from the beginning.  I got enough gold to unlock another character.  When I did I got stuck in the middle of 1-3.  I then reset the account and started over.  Last night, I got enough gold to unlock another character and then I couldn't log back in to play again.  I've started over yet again.  So we will see what happens. 

However, I do feel like an expert on the base set adventures now :)

• Like 2

I've had the "character reset" bug twice already and my iPad is not allowing me to purchase new adventure packs, so I'm stuck on the B set. I'm pretty much an expert on those three adventures now and hoping for a fix so I can continue testing.

Quest mode (group started on 3/13 in the evening, opened the app at 3/14 in the afternoon to play during my lunch break), Heroic difficulty with Darkest Night active

Pass and play is not on, permadeath is not on

Characters in the group: Merisiel at The Throne Room, Harsk at the Deeper Dungeons, and Kyra at the Mountain Peak

Kyra begins her turn at the Mountain Peak.  This is Kyra’s first turn of the game.  The game prompts for start of turn action with a greyed out screen.  I press the button to initiate the check.  The screen lights up but the button is still there.  The check has not been initiated.  I press the button a second time and the game skips the check and goes into the exploration phase.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dpac2a0mq861kx/IMG_0295.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vxyd98pxbccxl2/IMG_0296.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phoz7s9c9s6t1fz/IMG_0297.PNG?dl=0

Mirisiel’s first turn at The Throne Room.  She does not choose to recharge an item.  Merisiel gets into a fight with an Ogre without a weapon on her first exploration.  She starts the fight with one d8 which makes sense as that is her strength die.  I try to recharge her Soldier.  The game switches her d8 to two d4s.  I cancel the action to recharge the Soldier.  Merisiel is left with one d4 and no option to switch to her strength of a d8.  By recharging her Soldier, she should have had a d8 and a d4.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt2zs5m0zolb7wn/IMG_0298.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlktyrfmd26uxxu/IMG_0299.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbe3f1q2qng11bb/IMG_0294.PNG?dl=0

Edited by Katlyn99

Story mode regular difficulty.  Just reinstalled the game.  iPad 4th generation

Pass and play is off, permadeath is off

Characters in the group: Merisiel and Kyra

Completed Brigandoom!

Chose to play The Poisoned Pill and began deciding where to start Kyra and Merisiel.  Decided to see if I could play my unlocked characters yet.  Pressed button to exit out.  Entered back in and pressed menu button and quit the game.  Pressed continue and it took me to the location screen but I had two sets of tokens for Kyra and Merisiel and six locations.  Went to look at the character sheets.  My unlocked characters were still greyed out but I managed to add a second invisible Kyra and Merisiel to my party.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gk8ctslish3b4r/IMG_0315.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ex3agjtptm2thi/IMG_0316.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9fxt9r26vtd51u/IMG_0318.PNG?dl=0

Well after so many disconnections, my husband fixed the tablet problem.  I am back and ready to playtest with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S.  However, I was playing tonight. I got all the way back through my fourth reset but when I was on the last scenario of Adventure Path 1 my game just froze.  This is what my current screen looks like.  i have Perma death and Pass and play options both off.  I was playing with Merisel and Kyra.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwohzficb022k9r/2016-03-15%2010.39.53.png?dl=0

Edited by Ebee

I seem to be crashing more than most.  System specs are below, but I can't find any rhyme or reason to help you, sorry.

I most recently got stuck playing Brigandoom! on Merisiel's turn.  She had just closed a location on her previous turn and needed to move to another location.  

1. I moved, crash.  

2. I logged back in, needed to move again, loaded the new location, but couldn't "grab" the top card of the location deck.  I tried going to the store and back, but it didn't work.  Had to Force Quit.  

3. Logged back in, moved AGAIN. :p  Explored, found a Crow, crash.

4. Logged back in, explored again, found a Crow, rolled a check, succeeded, crash.

5. Went to bed.   :)

Game Settings: all defaults (i.e. no permadeath)

System:

Dragon Touch X10

Android 5.1 Lollipop
CPU: 1.8 GHz Cortex A7

GPU: PowerVR SGX544

RAM: 1GB

Edited by TheKnightArgent

Pathfinder Adventures testing machine:

NVIDIA SHIELD K1

CPU: ARM Cortex A15 2.2GHz

GPU: NVIDIA Tegra K1 

RAM: 2GB

Any reason you didn't use a top scoring d4?

HtIjD.jpg

Instead of the bottom scoring d4?

To keep that authentic Pathfinder ACG experience alive! It is also why the dice are blue!

The first thing I did when I bought the physical game was to go out and buy some new D4s that I could actually read- whenever I take D4-1 damage (or anything else requiring a D4 in the digital game) I have absolutely no idea what's going on +1 to the "readable dice, please!"

• Like 3

Mirisiel’s first turn at The Throne Room.  She does not choose to recharge an item.  Merisiel gets into a fight with an Ogre without a weapon on her first exploration.  She starts the fight with one d8 which makes sense as that is her strength die.  I try to recharge her Soldier.  The game switches her d8 to two d4s.  I cancel the action to recharge the Soldier.  Merisiel is left with one d4 and no option to switch to her strength of a d8.  By recharging her Soldier, she should have had a d8 and a d4.

Soldier adds D4 to a melee check only, not a Strength check - as Merisiel doesn't have Melee, she would roll D4 if using Melee, + another D4 for the soldier, so this would be correct.

But you should still be able to switch back to using Strength if you cancel it.

I have two suggestions which are not bugs.  As people have mentioned, the dice are a little hard to read.  why not add a set of dice that are unlocked with your first in store purchase?  or as a purchase in the store.  Also, I don't think it has been mentioned but there should be an option to randomize who goes first on a turn.  I like the idea of an all star lineup but maybe I'm just used to it being a random die roll to see who gets to bat first.

• Like 3

I seem to be crashing more than most.  System specs are below, but I can't find any rhyme or reason to help you, sorry.

I most recently got stuck playing Brigandoom! on Merisiel's turn.  She had just closed a location on her previous turn and needed to move to another location.  

1. I moved, crash.  

2. I logged back in, needed to move again, loaded the new location, but couldn't "grab" the top card of the location deck.  I tried going to the store and back, but it didn't work.  Had to Force Quit.  

4. Logged back in, explored again, found a Crow, rolled a check, succeeded, crash.

System:

Dragon Touch X10

Android 5.1 Lollipop

More info from me...

Tried to Continue today and couldn't even get one encounter in before a crash.

Purchased Ezren and Seelah from the Store, then tried to start a new game.  Crashed after selecting Brigandoom! and the blue arrow.

Uninstalled and redownloaded from App Store, logged in, purchases lost.

Went back through the tutorial, which took two tries due to a crash after panning shot of map and before seeing the location screen.

After the tutorial, I purchased Ezren and Seelah again.  Tried to start a Brigandoom! game, crashed again.

Uninstalled and reinstalled.

Pathfinder Adventures testing machine:

NVIDIA SHIELD K1

CPU: ARM Cortex A15 2.2GHz

GPU: NVIDIA Tegra K1 

RAM: 2GB

Goblin Warchanter - Yesterday, the before you act Wisdom check never happened.

Today, it didn't happen either.  Then, when Merisiel chose her Heavy Crossbow, her dice pool changed from 1d8 (her strength) to 1d6 with no pluses (important later).  I added a blessing to make it 2d6.  I rolled I think 4 and a 2 and it said the total was 8 (exactly enough to win) (4+2=6).  I clicked next and the dice suddenly changed to the correct d12 and d10 with the faces showing 12 and 10 respectively.

Weird.

Warchanter is a problematic Goblin.  His check is for any character that plays a weapon (including Harsk discarding a crossbow).  This rule has created a unique set of issues for us.  The current resolution is to change it from a Before you Act, to what essentially amounts to "when you try to use" check.  I'm not sure the text update made it into that build, but it'll be in future builds.  So, for now, you don't perform the roll until you try to use a weapon or spell with the attack trait.

Well after so many disconnections, my husband fixed the tablet problem.  I am back and ready to playtest with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S.  However, I was playing tonight. I got all the way back through my fourth reset but when I was on the last scenario of Adventure Path 1 my game just froze.  This is what my current screen looks like.  i have Perma death and Pass and play options both off.  I was playing with Merisel and Kyra.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwohzficb022k9r/2016-03-15%2010.39.53.png?dl=0

Did you fail the check vs Erylium?  We had a recent issue where if you failed the combat check and subsequent wisdom check, you'd encounter a progression break.

1. I moved, crash.  

System:

Dragon Touch X10

Android 5.1 Lollipop

It seems like devices with 1GB RAM aren't quite able to handle this game in extended playsessions.  We'll keep an eye on that, but realistically I'd expect our official support be for greater than 1GB RAM.

Any reason you didn't use a top scoring d4?

HtIjD.jpg

Instead of the bottom scoring d4?

To keep that authentic Pathfinder ACG experience alive! It is also why the dice are blue!

The first thing I did when I bought the physical game was to go out and buy some new D4s that I could actually read- whenever I take D4-1 damage (or anything else requiring a D4 in the digital game) I have absolutely no idea what's going on +1 to the "readable dice, please!"

"Authenticity to the physical game" isn't justification enough for a die that is more difficult to read, imo.  I'll throw in a suggestion to replace it with top scoring die.

Soldier adds D4 to a melee check only, not a Strength check - as Merisiel doesn't have Melee, she would roll D4 if using Melee, + another D4 for the soldier, so this would be correct.

As strength is not melee, as MightyJim notes, you correctly had 2d4.  To change the check back, you'd need to open the skill check panel (black tab with the check value) and select the check type desired.  That panel is on our list of things to make more clear that it exists.

As strength is not melee, as MightyJim notes, you correctly had 2d4.  To change the check back, you'd need to open the skill check panel (black tab with the check value) and select the check type desired.  That panel is on our list of things to make more clear that it exists.

Ah my bad regarding the Soldier.  The screenshot I took of the skill check panel open shows that there was not an option of strength afterwards to switch to. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbe3f1q2qng11bb/IMG_0294.PNG?dl=0

I have been able to successfully run through all adventure one and am now stuck in adventure 2 I was at Hanes Sanitarium and found Dr habe however, my game is now froze at my screen shot I am playing with four characters: ) lem, valeros, link and ezren

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oud8wjpts9ktu35/2016-03-16%2001.29.30.png?dl=0

It appears upon further investigation there is a close button hiding back there however, nowe my screen is froze with the attic whisperer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xmeploephhej2g/Screenshot_2016-03-16-23-10-53.png?dl=0

Edited by Ebee