Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I just finished the tutorial.  Some of this is a little overly picky, or just trying to get a better explanation out to the user.

Create Account Screen and Login Screen:

- Email field brings up a regular on screen keyboard and not the email keyboard (the one with the "@" and ".com" keys)

- Password and Verify Password fields are not masked

- When I hit submit, there was an error message hidden behind the "Login" and "Back" buttons that I could not read

Loading Screens:

- There is no progress bar, spinning icon, etc. that shows the user that the app is busy and has not crashed

Tutorial:

- Viewing characters:

-- Orik - "Lets look at each character's skills. Tap the Skills button."  - You're already on that page, seems extraneous.

-- Powers - During Ameiko, It is not explained that you can drag the panel up to see "Call in a Favor" until you are viewing Orik's powers.

- Starting locations - The symbols of the locations are not in the same order that you see them on the map.  Probably an intentional design decision, but could be confusing to the user.  (Farmhouse is in the middle, but on the left on the map.)

- Explaining using other character's powers - There should be another explanation panel after clicking on Ameiko when she has the exclamation mark, to "select a card, then press the 'recharge button'"

- The tutorial mentions that discarding is like taking damage, but doesn't mention that if you exhaust your deck you die.

- Banished cards/failing to acquire cards - "..it will be banished and no longer appear in this scenario."  Do you want to mention that there might be multiple copies of the card in a single scenario?

- During certain parts, such as explaining how the villain escaping works, there should be a floating text that says something like "Simulation", so that the user does not think the program is actually performing these "explanation actions" as part of their scenario.

- When explaining how villain escaping works - It is mentioned that if you fail to defeat, they will cover their tracks by drawing from the Blessings Deck.  I think it should be mentioned that if the Blessings Deck depletes the scenario is failed.

- There is no explanation of what happens when you defeat the henchman and fail to close the location.  That the player has to run through the location deck to be able to attempt again.

- There is no explanation of what happens when you close a location but the villain was in that location.

- It wasn't very clear when the game was letting me off the "tutorial leash" and expecting me to just finish the scenario on my own.

Options page and some others - The difference between on/off with toggle-able buttons is kinda subtle and difficult to tell which state the button is in.

That's all I have for now.  I'll check in later.

• Like 1

Hello!

I am currently playing this on my iPad mini: iOS 9.2.1

Earlier, as I played through the first tutorial I ran into a few issues:

• Tutorial boxes have a tendency of covering up text boxes for item descriptions, nav buttons, setting, or interrupt scrolling
  • During character selection for Merisiel and Kyra, pulling down a greyed out character into your team gives you the option to select that character by purchasing it through the store. However, if clicked on it will navigate the user into a blank store. If you try to click out it will navigate you into a somewhat working store with buttons that do not navigate anywhere. 
  • Scrolling through text in the Rules section is not possible when body copy overflows the main text box. 
  • Rules section has "EXAMPLE" tabs under Core Concepts but these do not change the body copy in the main text box.
  • It is not clear that once you exhaust your deck, you die. 

The tips in the Rules section are really funny, not sure if it is really that relevant, but I guess it makes sense to long-term players. It's really fun so far though. :) Great work.

Nook HD tablet;

I have downloaded the game and was able to login via facebook but the Play and tutorial buttons crash the game by closing it. The other buttons on the main page like gallery, rules, credits and setting seem to work. However it seems to be working fine from my samsung galaxy s4 phone.

After completing Perils of the Lost Coast, all of my character progress was lost but not my account progress. For example, I have access to heroic difficulty for all three scenarios and I still have the 500ish gold I earned, but Kyra and Merisiel are back to their starting decks and no longer have their skill points.

I could not find a way of quitting a scenario without having to progress completely through the blessings deck (or I suppose killing everybody off).

After Brigandoom! the world map did not have a message box for me explaining what to do next. I only realized that after The Poison Pill when I ended up getting a message box that was explaining how to move from one scenario to another.

Kyra cast Guidance on Merisiel while Merisiel was fighting a villain. During all the resulting checks, recharging, and closing of the location, Kyra was never given a chance to check to recharge this card instead of just discarding it.

Issues reported from an iPad Air 2:

General:

> Logged in with Facebook -- doesn't seem to have actually logged me in, so I have no gold.

> When I click on an adventure to buy it while 'logged in' to Facebook, I get a mostly blank screen, with just options to click a treasure or a settings tab at the bottom.  From that screen, I can then click Back, and load the Adventures list, but it only shows cash values, not Gold.

> After going into the Store, and choosing each option, the Store froze when I tried to click Back -- could still click the options and the Back button and get sound from such, but would not change screens.  Had to restart game.

Gameplay:

> Game does not always allow for Recharge when using a spell [Guidance] to assist another person's check.

Few notes i have found. 

I am playing on an iPad Mini, and with the Blast Stone in specific, every time I go to click the bury button, it will target the characters sheet instead. I have found that the click-box for it requires very precise poking, which I can see being a challenge for some players. 

I received a post-game corruption of the text on one attempt of Brigandoom, it appeared there were 2 messages being overlaid ontop of each other without either being legible in the slightest. 

After completing the tutorial, I closed the app to do some stuff, after returning, I had to log back in again, and started the Brigandoom mission. For some reason, quite a few of the tutorial prompts were re-enabled, which was, to put it mildly, tedious.

During the second base scenario at the location City Gate:

After running through all of the cards in the location and declining the option to close the location, the red "forward" indicator cannot be selected to move forward with not closing the location and resetting the hand. However, once I clicked on the "discard" icon, it allowed me to move forward with ending my turn and not closing the location.

Also, on my next turn with the character at City Gate, when given the opportunity to close the location and it being accepted, the henchman "Bandit" was not displayed by the "Combat" check was allowed to be taken and completed in order to close the scenario.

Edited by kolasi

Few notes i have found. 

I am playing on an iPad Mini, and with the Blast Stone in specific, every time I go to click the bury button, it will target the characters sheet instead. I have found that the click-box for it requires very precise poking, which I can see being a challenge for some players. 

I received a post-game corruption of the text on one attempt of Brigandoom, it appeared there were 2 messages being overlaid ontop of each other without either being legible in the slightest. 

After completing the tutorial, I closed the app to do some stuff, after returning, I had to log back in again, and started the Brigandoom mission. For some reason, quite a few of the tutorial prompts were re-enabled, which was, to put it mildly, tedious.

The issue with the banish button is specific to the 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices); this is known.  To work around it, just drag the card up to the top - a chain will appear and you can drop it there to banish it.

The text issue after Brigandoom - did your characters all die during the scenario?  We have a known issue in that scenario as well.

You can deactivate tutorial prompts in the settings menu - this will deactivate ones you haven't seen as well, but if you've gone through Brigandoom you've likely seen most of them anyway.

Few notes i have found. 

The issue with the banish button is specific to the 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices); this is known.  To work around it, just drag the card up to the top - a chain will appear and you can drop it there to banish it.

The text issue after Brigandoom - did your characters all die during the scenario?  We have a known issue in that scenario as well.

You can deactivate tutorial prompts in the settings menu - this will deactivate ones you haven't seen as well, but if you've gone through Brigandoom you've likely seen most of them anyway.

Fair enough. Good to know. And no, the text issue was after a time-out on the blessing clock. 

I knew the chain would banish the card, I was not aware however that it would activate its banish ability. Maybe that's something that should be explained if that is the case.

I went through All of normal difficulty and heroic difficulty last night.  I was logged in via facebook but that bug has already been discovered.  Here are a few things I have discovered. 

During the tutorial, it explains each card could have different types of checks but it doesn't explain to drag down to choose the check you want to do.

During the tutorial, I cast Acid Arrow on Ameiko and it gave her a d10 instead of 2d4. 

I was doing a wisdom check, I cast Blessing of Calistria (non combat Dex).  It changed me automatically to the D4s.  I then chose to go back to Wisdom but instead of just giving me 1 D12, it gave me 2 D12. 

I was at the Shrine and found an Ancient Skeleton.  I Defeated the ancient skeleton.  I attempted to close the location using Guidance.  I failed my check.  I was then given the option to recharge Guidance.  Once i recharged the card, it allowed me to attempt to close the location once more. 

On the treasure chest area in the store, guaranteed is misspelled. 

• Like 1

I went through All of normal difficulty and heroic difficulty last night.  I was logged in via facebook but that bug has already been discovered.  Here are a few things I have discovered. 

During the tutorial, it explains each card could have different types of checks but it doesn't explain to drag down to choose the check you want to do.

During the tutorial, I cast Acid Arrow on Ameiko and it gave her a d10 instead of 2d4. 

I was doing a wisdom check, I cast Blessing of Calistria (non combat Dex).  It changed me automatically to the D4s.  I then chose to go back to Wisdom but instead of just giving me 1 D12, it gave me 2 D12. 

I was at the Shrine and found an Ancient Skeleton.  I Defeated the ancient skeleton.  I attempted to close the location using Guidance.  I failed my check.  I was then given the option to recharge Guidance.  Once i recharged the card, it allowed me to attempt to close the location once more. 

On the treasure chest area in the store, guaranteed is misspelled. 

Thanks we'll look into those!

Acid Arrow was changed by design. The text on the card should reflect that as well.

iPad Air (1st Gen)

I'm also having recharge issues where, during the tutorial, if I have Ameiko cast Aid on Orik for any check, it won't let her attempt a recharge. Was able to repro over multiple tutorial runs.

When creating my account in-game, my fields would copy from what I had in the previous value (from Username to Email, email to password, password to confirm password). This happened on tap to change between fields, and if I went back to modify a field, it would copy again (so when I went back from blanking my password field to fix an error in my email, it blanked out my e-mail.)

I previously also had store issues, but that appeared to have been tied with me logging with with Facebook (Known issue). Works fine with a regular account.

Seems to be working well on a phablet.

* no apparent way to attempt a check to close on an open location with 0 cards.

* system back and settings buttons not respected (no action taken)

* no way to forfeit without running out the blessings deck

* Create Account panel shows password without masking and does not switch to a non predictive keyboard mode.

* not very apparent when a lack of proficiency causes an interaction with card text, for example not being able to bury an armor or increasing a check due to no weapons proficiency.

* Fighting a werewolf with Kyra using a dull sword (add 4 if not proficient with weapons) shows 17 when revealed in the center button. Pulling down the check drawer shows 13 as the check to defeat.

* if Kyra casts Cure as her first action, she can still explore but cannot use her power to heal instead of explore

* not apparent where I can find a log of gold received.

* accessing the store from within an encounter makes it difficult to get back to the encounter, going further into the options for the store eventually provides a back button that doesn't go anywhere. Had to restart the app.

* animation on loading screens only appears once screen is being cleared, so it feels like the app is freezing until the animation triggers.

I'm having a weird problem.  I am playing through Black Fang's dungeon and I keep crashing.  I will log back in and it will take me back to the location at my last point.  No matter what option I do, it crashes me back. 

I'm having a weird problem.  I am playing through Black Fang's dungeon and I keep crashing.  I will log back in and it will take me back to the location at my last point.  No matter what option I do, it crashes me back. 

Thanks we'll take a look.

What device are you running on?

What version number is the OS?

Seems to be working well on a phablet.

* no apparent way to attempt a check to close on an open location with 0 cards.

* system back and settings buttons not respected (no action taken)

* Create Account panel shows password without masking and does not switch to a non predictive keyboard mode.

* not apparent where I can find a log of gold received.

* accessing the store from within an encounter makes it difficult to get back to the encounter, going further into the options for the store eventually provides a back button that doesn't go anywhere. Had to restart the app.

Closing Empty Locations: You should be prompted automatically once the location is emptied and at the start of the turn when at an empty location to close it.  If this isn't occurring it's a bug - can you provide the location and scenario where you ran into this?

Create account duplication issues are known, and listed in the first post.

Gold: We don't keep a running log (in the sense where see that x monster gave you x gold), but if you open the options menu there are two numbers at the bottom of the panel - one next to a chest and the other next to gear icons.  The Gear icons are temp art; this number is your current gold.

Store Non-Functional Back button: What part of the store did you end at when you couldn't go back anymore?

Tablet: 10", Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, 1.4 GHz Quad Core, 1 GB Ram

Brigadoom was getting slow as the scenario went on.

Also, at the deck creator, the swipe gesture doesn't always register (might be related to slowness).  I had to try a couple times each time I wanted to swipe.  This also happened late in Brigadoom.

Had 2 crashes - one loading Brigadoom, and one when rolling the dice to fight a zombie.

Odd Glitch, Kyra faced an explosive runes barrier and the game suggested 1d6 vs intelligence. Merisiel used a Blessing of Calistra (sp) which adds two dice to noncombat dex.  So the game changed check to dex with 3d4.  I decided Krya would do better with 2d6 on an int check.  When I switched to int check the game gave me 3d6 instead of the 2d6 I should have had.

• Like 1

Odd Glitch, Kyra faced an explosive runes barrier and the game suggested 1d6 vs intelligence. Merisiel used a Blessing of Calistra (sp) which adds two dice to noncombat dex.  So the game changed check to dex with 3d4.  I decided Krya would do better with 2d6 on an int check.  When I switched to int check the game gave me 3d6 instead of the 2d6 I should have had.

I was able to reproduce this. Thanks!

Merisiel encountered a goblin warrior, and when I went to use the Caltrops, the d8 for her strength die was on top of the Caltrops card and its banish button, causing me to roll the str die instead of using the Caltrops.

What device were you on and what os version is it running? Thanks!

The tutorial is breakable in a lot of ways. For example, I was able to fail Orik's roll for the Soldier by switching to Charisma or Diplomacy. Later, while fighting a goblin I received a message that I could use the Soldier I did not acquire to explore again.

If Orik does not use the Soldier to explore again, when Ameiko encounters the Codex, the game claims that Orik has an ability which can help her obtain the item, which is not true.

On another attempt through the tutorial, I killed Ameiko off early and had Orik continue on. I must have missed some events because I closed the farmhouse, but could not move anywhere else. Initially I kept getting messages that the action bar was not active during this point of the tutorial, and now after reloading I can look at the map and end my turn, but Orik still cannot move to another location.

After killing Orik in an attempt to progress, I have completed the tutorial portion, but have not unlocked Merisiel or Kyra. The game gets stuck at party selection until you quit, at which point the tutorial restarts.

The tutorial message describing bar icons has an Icon for 'move to a different location' which is different from the icon located on the bar.

Thanks we'll take a look.

What device are you running on?

What version number is the OS?

Nuvision Tablet - Android 5.1 (Lollipop)  

1. Icon seems odd.The goblin head makes sense and looks good. But the d20 behind it doesn't makes sense for a card game that doesn't use a d20. 

2. No cursor showing which field you are entering into.

3. Password not blanked out as you input it.

4. When I put my e-mail address in, I had a space in it so an error popped up, something about API. But it was half covered by the login screen so I couldn't tell what it says. 

• Like 1