[3.01] Companion's stats

Sifjar

Question

I am not sure is it from 3.0 or 3.01, but i just noticed that if you changed stats of your companion (not adventurer), then save and load that save stats will be reseted. 

I understand that this is probably some sort of 'repair' mechanic, so characters have proper stats, buffs etc.

But i do not like it! :) I like to play with story companions, but because i do not like their stats i change em as i want em to be as if i created character myself.

3 answers to this question

I am not sure is it from 3.0 or 3.01, but i just noticed that if you changed stats of your companion (not adventurer), then save and load that save stats will be reseted. 

I understand that this is probably some sort of 'repair' mechanic, so characters have proper stats, buffs etc.

But i do not like it! :) I like to play with story companions, but because i do not like their stats i change em as i want em to be as if i created character myself.

Someone from Obsidian mentioned that this was a bug, since before it only fixed the NPC stats once per save game, not every time it reloaded. Unfortunately, the fix won't be in 3.02.

See this thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84825-playthrough-with-customizeable-companions-attributes-via-console-commands-again/

The IE Mod has an experimental solution for this now, but it is a little cumbersome to use - see instructions.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell