US Elections 2016

Gorth

Things could even get more entertaining in future, just take a look back into recent history: http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/modern-world-history-1918-to-1980/weimar-germany/early-problems-of-weimar-germany/

Team A:

The Spartacists wanted Germany to be run by workers councils similar to what they thought was happening in Lenin’s Russia. The Spartacists had the support of sailors who had not been paid. On December 23rd, 1918, 1000 sailors broke into the government’s headquarters and held Ebert captive. They demanded their owed pay and an increase in their wages. Government soldiers did not attack fellow military men and Ebert had to give in. In the case of the sailors, force had worked. This inspired the Spartacists, who renamed themselves the German Communist Party on December 30th, 1918. They announced their desire for a full-scale communist take over of Germany. They were lead by Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht.

Team B:

On January 6th, 1919, the German Communists started their take over attempt. By this time, the government had found an unlikely ally in the Free Corps. These right-wing nationalists hated communists more than Ebert’s Social Democrats and agreed to help Ebert put down the revolt by the communists. By January 15th, the Free Corps had crushed the communists and murderedLuxemburg and Liebknecht. In this sense, there was no “German Revolution” in that the German Communists had tried to overthrow the government but failed miserably. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seeing a bunch of scrawny liberals larp as "revolutionaries" is pretty embarrassing but the butthurt from the Trump fans makes up for it.

1457821336917.jpg

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Trump needs to accept his level of responsibility, its as simple as that. This link represents the views of some of his supporters...this should worry you Meshugger 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-punched-protester-trump-rally-hints-violence-article-1.2560288

It was Sanders supporters and other leftists disrupting Trump's rallies, I've never seen any Trump supporters trying to disrupt Sanders rallies. As far as cancelling, it was the right call, there was a near riot inside as it was, and apparently they were planning to rush the stage if Trump showed up.
Sure, there are elements of people disrupting some of Trumps rally's 

But aren't people allowed to do that...freedom of speech and the US Constitution ?

Yes. In fact the police assured Trump it was safe for him to hold the rally but he pussied out anyways.

But I dont blame him for cancelling this particular rally, the protesters seemed very belligerent .....Trump rhetoric is also to blame but under the circumstances I can understand the rally being postponed  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trump ran like a bitch. He could have stayed and faced the protesters but clearly he lacks the courage to do so.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't like Trump but in that case he did the sensible thing. Both politically and in terms of safety. That crowd was both thoroughly infiltrated and getting decided grumpy, even if the police said they could maintain order I'd have doubted it.

• Like 1

Wait. Aren't these the same police who  the Liberals claim enjoy murdering blacks because they are racist (even though many are blacks themselves)?

Lovely. Liberals/democrats love violence. They love slavery. They are nazis. Just like the side they hate. That's why they hate Trump. They ARE Trump.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Everyone's a little Nazi, Volo.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was pretty disappointed that Sanders didn't disavow the protestors using his name that were causing trouble. Maybe he wasn't fully aware of the situation, which only lead to a limited response from him, but that is some awful PR waiting to happen if he doesn't denounce them as being the troublemakers they are being.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I was pretty disappointed that Sanders didn't disavow the protestors using his name that were causing trouble. Maybe he wasn't fully aware of the situation, which only lead to a limited response from him, but that is some awful PR waiting to happen if he doesn't denounce them as being the troublemakers they are being.

I suppose he didnt want to criticize his supporters because of how many of them had been treated at other trump events?

Or how other protesters had been treated at other events even if not Trump supporters 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trump needs to accept his level of responsibility, its as simple as that. This link represents the views of some of his supporters...this should worry you Meshugger 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-punched-protester-trump-rally-hints-violence-article-1.2560288

It was Sanders supporters and other leftists disrupting Trump's rallies, I've never seen any Trump supporters trying to disrupt Sanders rallies. As far as cancelling, it was the right call, there was a near riot inside as it was, and apparently they were planning to rush the stage if Trump showed up.

But aren't people allowed to do that...freedom of speech and the US Constitution ?

Bruce, you're hopeless. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can deny someone else their right to free speech. The protesters outside the rally is fine, but they have no right to go inside the rally and disrupt it.

Trump ran like a bitch. He could have stayed and faced the protesters but clearly he lacks the courage to do so.

Did you not see it on TV? People were fighting already even though Trump didn't show up. If he did it would've been a riot. What would people say if someone got killed as the result of him continuing? It was clearly not safe.

Also, US is not Weimar Germany, the comparison is ridiculous.

• Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Did you not see it on TV? People were fighting already even though Trump didn't show up. If he did it would've been a riot. What would people say if someone got killed as the result of him continuing? It was clearly not safe.

I did. If Trump thinks a bunch of scrawny liberals disrupting his safe space is a serious danger than he's either delusional or a coward.

Take that up with Meshugger then, he's the one who made it after all.

Bruce, you're hopeless. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can deny someone else their right to free speech. The protesters outside the rally is fine, but they have no right to go inside the rally and disrupt it.

:biggrin: Yeah....WOD I do get confused, if I could create laws in a country like the USA it would be simple

I would allow freedom of speech but not if it offends people on certain levels..trust me there would be much less social acrimony  :yes:

John Milton 

I did. If Trump thinks a bunch of scrawny liberals disrupting his safe space is a serious danger than he's either delusional or a coward.

They didn't look scrawny to me, looked like a bunch of thugs. If it was so safe, why didn't police remove them?

The Weimar sentence wasn't in response to you, that's why I left a blank line.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

They didn't look scrawny to me, looked like a bunch of thugs. If it was so safe, why didn't police remove them?

Probably because Trump ran away before the rally even started and they didn't do anything illegal yet. If he's too incompetent to keep the nig- uh thugs I mean out of his rally and too much of a coward to hold his rally outside of a safe space then that says more about him and his organization than the brutal thugs from the warzone of twitter and University that protested his rally.

• Like 1

"I would allow freedom of speech but not if it offends people on certain levels..trust me there would be much less social acrimony"

if I followed your stupid philosophy you would be  be inpriosned because your  Nazi SJWism offends me. See how that works? It is not freedom of speech if you only allow speech you approve of. That  is what nazi SJWs don't udnerstand.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I would allow freedom of speech but not if it offends people on certain levels..trust me there would be much less social acrimony"

if I followed your stupid philosophy you would be  be inpriosned because your  Nazi SJWism offends me. See how that works? It is not freedom of speech if you only allow speech you approve of. That  is what nazi SJWs don't udnerstand.

Volo why do you think its wrong if only I decide what is considered free speech? That would not be practical or realistic, I would have tribunals of people who decide these things

So it wouldn't just be up to me, I'm not arrogant  :-  

John Milton 

Volo why do you think its wrong if only I decide what is considered free speech? That would not be practical or realistic, I would have tribunals of people who decide these things

Does the inherent evil in what you're proposing truly escape you?

Does the inherent evil in what you're proposing truly escape you?

"inherent evil "  sounds a bit dramatic don't u think?

John Milton 

Probably because Trump ran away before the rally even started and they didn't do anything illegal yet. If he's too incompetent to keep the nig- uh thugs I mean out of his rally and too much of a coward to hold his rally outside of a safe space then that says more about him and his organization than the brutal thugs from the warzone of twitter and University that protested his rally.

I know it's tempting to troll WoD, but really...

Whatever Trump says I doubt he really wants a protester seriously beaten up- quite the reverse- and that is what would have happened. Trump can deal with criticism, and deal with it pretty effectively too or he wouldn't be where he is, you can argue the method of how he deals with it but not the effectiveness. I get the impression that some people would actually like some serious violence so as to make a point, and that really is a moronic position to take.

Yeah, Trump supporters tend towards the bonkers end of the disillusioned spectrum but it's hardly worth someone getting hurt to prove that as it's self evident. And as much as Trump is treating the campaign as an extended wrestling promo- which presumes that there's a certain amount of the carnival nudge nudge wink wink about what he says, and that everyone knows there is as well- instead of an orthodox political campaign spiking rallies in the hope there will be violence is not the way to go about countering him.

I know it's tempting to troll WoD, but really...

I'm waiting for Wasteland 2 to install and have to do something with my time.

Whatever Trump says I doubt he really wants a protester seriously beaten up- quite the reverse- and that is what would have happened. Trump can deal with criticism, and deal with it pretty effectively too or he wouldn't be where he is, you can argue the method of how he deals with it but not the effectiveness. I get the impression that some people would actually like some serious violence so as to make a point, and that really is a moronic position to take.

It isn't about Trump per se, it's about mocking some of his supporters, namely those that buy into the hype of Trump as a strongman and can't take criticism. I could care less about what reasons Trump has for backing out, if some of his supporters get triggered when I call him a coward or weakling that needs a safe space I'll exploit that.