US Elections 2016

Gorth

What's this violence by anti-trump protesters then?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-chicago-protests/index.html

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to fall for Hilary's "I am not a politician" humblebrag.

Watching that **** is painful just because I know there's bound to be people stupid enough to fall for that ****.

I'm not sure what you mean? Yes I am Hilary supporter, many people are. I'm not sure what you getting at   :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoOtrHG96k

I refuse to believe that you are SO blind that you cannot see that line for what it is. That line was obviously a rehearsed humblebrag that she was told to say. That line is akin to "I have a confession to make. If elected as president, I cannot help but spend three hours out of my day each day donating money to starving orphans and sick puppies. I'm sorry America, I hope I haven't let you down with this, but it's just who I am. I can't stand to watch those poor things suffer, even if it gets in the way of my work."

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe you have to be an idiot to not see the intent behind that line. It's a humblebrag. A dishonest humblebrag that her campaign told her to try and drop into the debate somewhere, where she gives this impression she's ashamed of something that the American people would actually view as a good thing. And yeah, it's not even true. The very fact that that statement was made contradicts the context of the statement itself.

I reference that line because it's easily the most painful line of any debate I've seen thusfar. It is, in my opinion, the epitome of lying in politics, yet apparently people can't pick up on that. If you are asked a question about why the American people don't trust you, and your only response is to attempt to lie to them again, then wow. That should say worlds about Hilary as a candidate and as a politician, but instead, the world being what it is, of course there's thousands of idiots that buy into it.

In my world, that line would singlehandedly unravel and tank her campaign, since it's just so obvious and filled with so many delicious ironies that only sink her credibility, but I know we don't live in my world. So all I can do is sit here in awe at the fact that Hilary could not have delivered a more obvious political line/lie and she's not even gonna need to pay for it because people are just that stupid.

I'm sorry LK but I watched that video and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing  strange, disingenuous  or unexpected about she said. Maybe she believes it, I believe she believes it ...and I thought her " natural politician "  comment was suppose to be a little impertinent, it made me chuckle 

So I'm not sure why you think that clip should put people off her?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What's this violence by anti-trump protesters then?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-chicago-protests/index.html

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to fall for Hilary's "I am not a politician" humblebrag.

Watching that **** is painful just because I know there's bound to be people stupid enough to fall for that ****.

I'm not sure what you mean? Yes I am Hilary supporter, many people are. I'm not sure what you getting at :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoOtrHG96k

I refuse to believe that you are SO blind that you cannot see that line for what it is. That line was obviously a rehearsed humblebrag that she was told to say. That line is akin to "I have a confession to make. If elected as president, I cannot help but spend three hours out of my day each day donating money to starving orphans and sick puppies. I'm sorry America, I hope I haven't let you down with this, but it's just who I am. I can't stand to watch those poor things suffer, even if it gets in the way of my work."

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe you have to be an idiot to not see the intent behind that line. It's a humblebrag. A dishonest humblebrag that her campaign told her to try and drop into the debate somewhere, where she gives this impression she's ashamed of something that the American people would actually view as a good thing. And yeah, it's not even true. The very fact that that statement was made contradicts the context of the statement itself.

I reference that line because it's easily the most painful line of any debate I've seen thusfar. It is, in my opinion, the epitome of lying in politics, yet apparently people can't pick up on that. If you are asked a question about why the American people don't trust you, and your only response is to attempt to lie to them again, then wow. That should say worlds about Hilary as a candidate and as a politician, but instead, the world being what it is, of course there's thousands of idiots that buy into it.

In my world, that line would singlehandedly unravel and tank her campaign, since it's just so obvious and filled with so many delicious ironies that only sink her credibility, but I know we don't live in my world. So all I can do is sit here in awe at the fact that Hilary could not have delivered a more obvious political line/lie and she's not even gonna need to pay for it because people are just that stupid.

I'm sorry LK but I watched that video and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing strange, disingenuous or unexpected about she said. Maybe she believes it, I believe she believes it ...and I thought her " natural politician " comment was suppose to be a little impertinent, it made me chuckle

So I'm not sure why you think that clip should put people off her?

Yeah, I don't see anything disingenuous from her in that clip. It's clearly a re-afffirmation of the past 40 years of public life that we know she ain't the snake charmer Slick Willy is.

(And I'm saying that as a Bill Clinton Supporter with Hillary Clinton ambivalence)

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Heh, Trump might end up like George Wallace. I hope

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Look, Hillary's politics and positions are fair game for criticism - as is her lack of skill as an orator and awkwardness in making personal connections with people. Like what I gather to be most of us in this forum, she's naturally introverted, but she's making due the best she can as a highly public figure with strong ambition.

But this attack on her character as being power-mad with strong Machiavellian tendencies is a bit rich. Does she want to be President? Clearly. Is she a bad politician? Looks like it.

Does she have a strong commitment to public service who wants to help a lot of Americans? I truly believe so. Can I say the same about Bernie Sanders? Absolutely. Kasich? Sure. Rubio? Probably. Cruz? Meh. How about Donald Trump? Bwahahahahaha!

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Look, Hillary's politics and positions are fair game for criticism - as is her lack of skill as an orator and awkwardness in making personal connections with people. Like what I gather to be most of us in this forum, she's naturally introverted, but she's making due the best she can as a highly public figure with strong ambition.

But this attack on her character as being power-mad with strong Machiavellian tendencies is a bit rich. Does she want to be President? Clearly. Is she a bad politician? Looks like it.

Does she have a strong commitment to public service who wants to help a lot of Americans? I truly believe so. Can I say the same about Bernie Sanders? Absolutely. Kasich? Sure. Rubio? Probably. Cruz? Meh. How about Donald Trump? Bwahahahahaha!

Thats a good post Leferd, I hope everyone reads it  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Be careful what you wish for, someone just almost did it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And her best quality is that she's never seen a war she didn't like! Because shooing brown people and trying to slap Putin is never a bad policy!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Be careful what you wish for, someone just almost did it.

Hah, that was good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

caused the Euros a headache

You do realize that if the EU is destabilized, it is Putin who steps in? Who is BFF with all the anti-refugee parties, do you think?

For what that's worth, Sanders is absolutely killing it among Democrats abroad. No surprise that people who have spent some time outside the US realize that Hillary Clinton does not have the judgment necessary to be Commander-in-Chief.

And when Hilary is nominated as the Democratic candidate...what then? Would you be surprised....or would you still not be surprised?

I would not be surprised, if the email scandal does not blow up. But maybe it does, which could give Bernie a big push. If the email scandal becomes a big stinker in the media I would be surprised if she still won.

Bernie has the possibility to win a lot of the states going forward, but it's unlikely he will eclipse Hillary's lead because it would require him to win by large margins.

In any case it is not surprising that Americans who live abroad would overwhelmingly vote for Sanders. Firstly, most of the rest of the world is more like Sanders' vision. Secondly, nothing can disarm the absurd pro-Hillary argument that she has more "experience" with foreign policy than actually going abroad and seeing more of the world, interacting with foreigners yourself.

Exceedingly charitable view of people just as they live outside the US, too. Heh

Muh smug superiority!

Seriously speaking, I think living in different places around the world can change your world-view by a lot - alternatively, some people move because they already have a different world-view.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Muh smug superiority!

Seriously speaking, I think living in different places around the world can change your world-view by a lot - alternatively, some people move because they already have a different world-view.

Oh, not denying that, but just was a bit of a reach to conclude it being a rejection of Clinton as opposed to many other reasons, for Canada it's a pretty safe bet it's the healthcare and other peace and love and hope feeling with Sanders.

• Like 1

Stop with bragging about Kanada and health care. For starters, it isn't free.  And,  it is unstable and sloppy. Nyurses get fired for no reason, people don't get the care is needed,  thimngs can be expensive, etc., etc. 'Free' Kanadian Health Care is up there with the major myths my country has sold to others along as 'we're all nice guys'. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"defended his reporter who was charged with resisting arrest, tweeting,"

What was she being arrested for in the first place? LMAO  Yopu need to be arrresting someone for a reason. This charge is stupid unless she is charged with something else.

People defend violent psyhcopaths are pathetic.   Are you anti free speech b/c if youa re cheering them on you aren't.

People trashing Trump for canceling it are foolish. He and his team don't need permission to cancel something if they are worried.

None of this changes the fatc that Trump is a scumbag just like Clinton and Sanders. But, anti freedom punks are anti freedom punks.

Trump needs to accept his level of responsibility, its as simple as that. This link represents the views of some of his supporters...this should worry you Meshugger 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-punched-protester-trump-rally-hints-violence-article-1.2560288

It was Sanders supporters and other leftists disrupting Trump's rallies, I've never seen any Trump supporters trying to disrupt Sanders rallies. As far as cancelling, it was the right call, there was a near riot inside as it was, and apparently they were planning to rush the stage if Trump showed up.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Stop with bragging about Kanada and health care. For starters, it isn't free.  And,  it is unstable and sloppy. Nyurses get fired for no reason, people don't get the care is needed,  thimngs can be expensive, etc., etc. 'Free' Kanadian Health Care is up there with the major myths my country has sold to others along as 'we're all nice guys'. LMAO

I've never had an issue. Only thing I've had to deal with medically is prescriptions. Emergency room visits are a pain due to how busy they are, as are the walk-in clinics, but I got myself a family doctor and she's fantastic. Yeah the "free" part is a bit of a misnomer, most provinces include it in taxes, BC and Alberta have the medical premiums, I pay 30 bucks a month, but that comes off my paycheck, so I never see a bill.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guys in Canada ( Malc, Volo and Oerwinde)

Did you guys watch the Obama\Trudeau press conference at the White House

It was cool, the men disagreed on somethings but there was lots of common ground...they even joked about Americans immigrating to Canada if Trump wins 

John Milton 

Never was bragging about it. It is good, it's not necessarily a wank-trigger for me like everyone else here.

• Like 1

If you poke a hornet's nest, you have to expect to get stung.

Funny how it's always the leftists who get to be the hornets. The rally disruption was planned for weeks btw, which the groups involved readily admit. These are Occupy, Moveon and similar scum, they'll always find something to riot about.

Couple more relevant articles : http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/01/17/andrew-jackson-revenant/

http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=6615

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"Did you guys watch the Obama\Trudeau press conference at the White House"

They ar emorons too busy faking for the cameras to actually work. Did Obama murder any Amerikans this week yet? Has Trudeau broke another promise this week?

"If you poke a hornet's nest, you have to expect to get stung."

Remember that if you are readinga  story about a Trump supporter  killing one of these 'protestors' next week... right?

Blaming the victim is hilarious. race baiters (which trump is one but so is almsot every single Liberal) are evil scumbag pieces of crap.

It is EVIL that violent protetsors are somehow acceptable to people as long as they are violent towards the  the 'right' people. That is SJW Nazism at its  finest. :)

• Like 1

I'm not blaming anyone.

I know not to stand a foot away from a hornets nest and start yelling at it. The hornets won't appreciate it and I know I'll get stung. I'll be across the road peacefully protesting. The hornets will see me but will most likely ignore me. It comes down to common sense and respect. I respect the hornets and use common sense to be some distance away so I won't get stung.

Seeing a bunch of scrawny liberals larp as "revolutionaries" is pretty embarrassing but the butthurt from the Trump fans makes up for it.

This whole US political race is very entertaining for you hey Baro  :dancing:

John Milton 

Trump needs to accept his level of responsibility, its as simple as that. This link represents the views of some of his supporters...this should worry you Meshugger 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-punched-protester-trump-rally-hints-violence-article-1.2560288

It was Sanders supporters and other leftists disrupting Trump's rallies, I've never seen any Trump supporters trying to disrupt Sanders rallies. As far as cancelling, it was the right call, there was a near riot inside as it was, and apparently they were planning to rush the stage if Trump showed up.

Sure, there are elements of people disrupting some of Trumps rally's 

But aren't people allowed to do that...freedom of speech and the US Constitution ?

John Milton 

But aren't people allowed to do that...freedom of speech and the US Constitution ?

Trump seems to be big supporter of political incorrectness and direct action, so I am not sure if he should be angry for those supporters that just take his word and act instead being politically correct  o:)

Seeing a bunch of scrawny liberals larp as "revolutionaries" is pretty embarrassing but the butthurt from the Trump fans makes up for it.

1457821336917.jpg

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Yes. In fact the police assured Trump it was safe for him to hold the rally but he pussied out anyways.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands