US Elections 2016

Gorth

Eh, it comes with the territory. Everyone wants to knock the king off the hill. :shrugz:

You right...but I still think you guys put up with a lot :) 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Eh, we've been poking fun of our own politicians for years. Look at how Spitting Image did it back in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jY5fYjV-U&index=19&list=RD8F8HwVcqH8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9A2D1QBe4&feature=youtu.be&list=RD8F8HwVcqH8g

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eh, we've been poking fun of our own politicians for years. Look at how Spitting Image did it back in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jY5fYjV-U&index=19&list=RD8F8HwVcqH8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v9A2D1QBe4&feature=youtu.be&list=RD8F8HwVcqH8g

But I cant recall this kind of jokes about a USA presidential candidate ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Apparently Bernie is now sexist for interrupting Clinton's interruption  :shrugz:

Context? Link? Reference?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apparently Bernie is now sexist for interrupting Clinton's interruption  :shrugz:

Some people will exaggerate those types of so called SJ crimes

Of course he isn't sexist ...but  some of his supporters can also be extreme. Like attacking Howard Dean for voting for Hilary 

John Milton 

Guys. We need to talk about Hillary. Specifically, we need to address the myth that she is more electable than Sanders. Let us look at the facts:

I have no idea where the notion that Hillary is more electable than Sanders is coming from. She polls worse than Sanders against all Republican contenders, and currently loses to all of them except Trump. People say that Sanders is disadvantaged by being to the left of Hillary, but this seems very out of touch in a year where the most important line in the sand has been drawn between establishment candidates and outsider candidates.

Her favourability ratings have been steadily declining since 2012. Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders favourability is growing, and has been growing ever since he entered the race. Clinton has a current net favourability of -14 pp, while Sanders' is +12 pp. Hillary would be the most disliked nominee in modern history. She would be more generally disliked than any of the candidates who have lost in landslides. And considering her pending indictment by the FBI, this only looks to get worse. Why would you choose a scandal-ridden corrupt dynastic heir with declining popularity over a principled rising star?

Sanders has shown an ability to fundraise from small donors which beats anything we have seen so far in any election. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton's reliance on super-wealthy donors is second only to Jeb Bush and John Kasich. What does it tell you when a left-wing politician runs a campaign financed almost exclusively by money from the extremely wealthy and corporate special interests?

Clinton and Rubio are essentially clones on ME foreign policy situating them both in the Cheney-style neocon camp - I've already addressed this before at length so I won't talk more about it now.

But hey, don't take it just from me.

The case against Hillary Clinton: This is the disaster Democrats must avoid

Dump Hillary, and Dump Her Fast: The Democratic Establishment is on a Suicide Mission, and it Will End With Trump

Democrats have their history wrong — and are about to make a grievous mistake

Don’t be fooled: Clinton is not more electable than Sanders

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Hillary Clinton is the perfect marriage of Trump & Rubio. She is just like Rubio on foreign policy (especially if you count immigration as "foreign" policy). She is just like Trump on domestic and political philosophy (except immigration, see above). Like Trump her presidency would be autocratic, respecting no limits on executive power. She will spend and spend, maybe not quite as prodigiously as Obama has but still bad. Welfare at home warfare abroad. Like Rubio her foreign policy will be interventionist and probably heavy handed.

The only way she would differ from Trump is she is all for TPP. Well sometimes. Depends on when you ask her and what she thinks the ones asking the questions want to hear: http://www.state.gov/secretary/20092013clinton/rm/2012/11/200565.htm or http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/oct/08/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-now-opposes-trans-pacific-partners/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guys. We need to talk about Hillary. Specifically, we need to address the myth that she is more electable than Sanders. Let us look at the facts:

I have no idea where the notion that Hillary is more electable than Sanders is coming from. She polls worse than Sanders against all Republican contenders, and currently loses to all of them except Trump. People say that Sanders is disadvantaged by being to the left of Hillary, but this seems very out of touch in a year where the most important line in the sand has been drawn between establishment candidates and outsider candidates.

Her favourability ratings have been steadily declining since 2012. Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders favourability is growing, and has been growing ever since he entered the race. Clinton has a current net favourability of -14 pp, while Sanders' is +12 pp. Hillary would be the most disliked nominee in modern history. She would be more generally disliked than any of the candidates who have lost in landslides. And considering her pending indictment by the FBI, this only looks to get worse. Why would you choose a scandal-ridden corrupt dynastic heir with declining popularity over a principled rising star?

Sanders has shown an ability to fundraise from small donors which beats anything we have seen so far in any election. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton's reliance on super-wealthy donors is second only to Jeb Bush and John Kasich. What does it tell you when a left-wing politician runs a campaign financed almost exclusively by money from the extremely wealthy and corporate special interests?

Clinton and Rubio are essentially clones on ME foreign policy situating them both in the Cheney-style neocon camp - I've already addressed this before at length so I won't talk more about it now.

But hey, don't take it just from me.

The case against Hillary Clinton: This is the disaster Democrats must avoid

Dump Hillary, and Dump Her Fast: The Democratic Establishment is on a Suicide Mission, and it Will End With Trump

Democrats have their history wrong — and are about to make a grievous mistake

Don’t be fooled: Clinton is not more electable than Sanders

I will happily discuss Hilary Clinton as I am huge supporter of hers

I understand that most of the American members on this forum are opposed to her, thats fine of course. People must support who they feel is the right candidate. But the view of Hilary Clinton on these forums is not the view that her mainstream supporters have of her and this applies to the majority of Democrat supporters 

So why Hilary Clinton, she has been preparing for this for years after losing to Obama. She has shown numerous qualities I admire that generally women need to do naturally when dealing with men. What do I mean...am I being sexist? No of course not. She had to accept her husbands cheating and losing to Obama yet she didn't throw  a tantrum and walk off in anger....no she quietly continued to work towards her common goal

She has ample experience and she firmly supports the important Obama legacy..she is the right candidate and represents the Democratic establishment. Sanders is  a nice guy but he has made so many populist comments if he was elected he would be hard pressed to actually deliver 

Clinton has suggested nothing extreme and even during her debates what she say she wants to do she can substantiate 

I would suggest you seriously start preparing for a Clinton presidency....dont assume she wont make it :)

John Milton 

"people outside the USA really don't like Trump and think he represents what Americans actually think..."

Yup. And, OJ Simpson representsd all blacks. Hitler is all Germany/ Afrikans who wear 'KILL ALL WHITES' shirt represent all Afrikans. COME ON BRUCE.  All your statement proves is that the vast majority of people eveyrwhere are beyond ignorant.

Also, I love  the fact that claling someone a nazi because they have views different than you is no longer really reserved for the internet. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hillary Clinton is the perfect marriage of Trump & Rubio. She is just like Rubio on foreign policy (especially if you count immigration as "foreign" policy). She is just like Trump on domestic and political philosophy (except immigration, see above). Like Trump her presidency would be autocratic, respecting no limits on executive power. She will spend and spend, maybe not quite as prodigiously as Obama has but still bad. Welfare at home warfare abroad. Like Rubio her foreign policy will be interventionist and probably heavy handed.

The only way she would differ from Trump is she is all for TPP. Well sometimes. Depends on when you ask her and what she thinks the ones asking the questions want to hear: http://www.state.gov/secretary/20092013clinton/rm/2012/11/200565.htm or http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/oct/08/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-now-opposes-trans-pacific-partners/

No GD....now thats going too far .....she is NOTHING like Trump

She doesn't intentionally insult people and feel the need to keep telling people how great she is....its actually almost an insult to compare her to Trump   :biggrin:

John Milton 

"people outside the USA really don't like Trump and think he represents what Americans actually think..."

Yup. And, OJ Simpson representsd all blacks. Hitler is all Germany/ Afrikans who wear 'KILL ALL WHITES' shirt represent all Afrikans. COME ON BRUCE.  All your statement proves is that the vast majority of people eveyrwhere are beyond ignorant.

Also, I love  the fact that claling someone a nazi because they have views different than you is no longer really reserved for the internet. L0LZ

Volo please dont tell me you support Trump?

John Milton 

More ignorance. It is obvious you don't read my post so if you ain't gonna read 'em why are you respondin' to them? To troll, that's why. Typical Afrikan Hilary supporter.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No GD....now thats going too far .....she is NOTHING like Trump

She doesn't intentionally insult people and feel the need to keep telling people how great she is....its actually almost an insult to compare her to Trump   :biggrin:

I'm not talking about her personality. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We need to talk about Hillary? Isn't every one here against her ? Heh

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We need to talk about Hillary? Isn't every one here against her ? Heh

No :)

And some of the US members are not 

John Milton 

Apparently Bernie is now sexist for interrupting Clinton's interruption :shrugz:

I like the heat he is taking over the remark on white people and ghettoes, for reaching. Ah, politics is something

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hilary insults people ALL THE TIME.  Do you even listen to her? L0L

Links? Volo let me decide if what she said is insulting....we both know you tend to jump to conclusions  :yes:

John Milton 

Of course he isn't sexist ...but  some of his supporters can also be extreme. Like attacking Howard Dean for voting for Hilary

Stop being obtuse Bruce.

The controversy was the fact that if Sanders won the democrat nomination Dean would be willing to "override" that in favour of Clinton. To put it crudely.

Edited by Barothmuk

Stop being obtuse Bruce.

The controversy was the fact that if Sanders won the democrat nomination he'd be willing to "override" that in favour of Clinton. To put it crudely.

I'm not with you? I dont know the details ....sorry what do you mean?

John Milton 

Typical Afrikan Hilary supporter.

Is there such a thing?

I've only come across a few self professed South Africans in my life, only one of which spends a lot of time commenting on American politics, let alone is a supporter of the most vetted, proven criminal, and obviously evil candidate in modern U.S. History.