Damage Reduction .......... PoTD

Is there an authentic account on what might be a good damage reduction score on PoTD for various Damage Types.........for tanking and melee dps,? (Post 3.0 would be even better)

I have been looking online but I am finding a lot of mixed opinions........

Any advice would greatly appreciated, thanks :)

DR in my opinion is only importen for your tanks. The rest of the group seem to function better on speed and the importance of not being hit. 

In the last year,  i have only played at the difficult level - Path of the Damned. And all the monsters are hardhitters now. 

My last profil i played as a solo priest, and speed penalty for the armor made my hero sooo weak. The strenght for a hero here was to hit the enemies first and prone or confuse. To keep distance to enemies made u the best character thought possible and the key to succes. 

So after my experience, DR is NOT importent. 

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Edited by Anders Hertz

DR in my opinion is only importen for your tanks. The rest of the group seem to function better on speed and the importance of not being hit. 

In the last year,  i have only played at the difficult level - Path of the Damned. And all the monsters are hardhitters now. 

My last profil i played as a solo priest, and speed penalty for the armor made my hero sooo weak. The strenght for a hero here was to hit the enemies first and prone or confuse. To keep distance to enemies made u the best character thought possible and the key to succes. 

So after my experience, DR is NOT importent. 

Sorry for my bad english ;)

I was thinking more like a defensive melee rogue with retaliation and large endurance pool and high DR, but I was planning on to play with full party............not sure if this kind of build is vaible on PoTD at all.....just thinking about it now.......

Edited by Brimsurfer

I had my difficulties getting a Roque to be a team player better than the other classes - Fighter or Paladin. I compare him with these classes, because he is a hardhitter with melee weapons and that makes him/her in the upfront fight, and the way to succes is that they stand there ground, tanks!!! And fighter and paladin are just better. 

But never tryed your building of the roque. Seems like a good idea :)

Edited by Anders Hertz

You want as much DR as possible early on, having brigandine/plate even on your wizard is a good idea. As the game progresses monster damage scales much faster than your DR so heavy armour is worth it only on tanks with very high defenses. Damage dealers should wear only the lightest armours, the mirror image on crit one sold in Stalwart is fantastic.

Early on - heaviest armour you can find. Late - either all in or (almost) naked.