Hi Guys,

First, i'm sorry for my poor english, it isn't my main language and i'm trying to not use google translate;

Second, i'm very noob;

- Well... i can't decide how to build my paladin, don't know if i go to shield + weapon to make him a second tanker to fight side by side with Eder, or make him a off-tanker dps with 2handed or dual wielding (what is better?) ;

- If i build a party with:

Paladin PC (Tanker or offtanker)
Eder (main tanker)

Durance (priest)
Aloth (mage)
Cipher
Druid

I'll have a lack of dps ?  How should i build this druid so he can be a really good damage dealer ?

Rangers can be a good damage dealer before get Stormcaller ?

Who is the best DPS in the game ?

Thanks for attention.

Ranger is a tank with his pet. Before stormcaller or Sabra marie : he do correct damage.

Druid do the best damage without effort (micro). Wizard do the best damage if you play nip and tuck under alacrity. 

Barbarian do better damage than ranger, at start-mid-game. At the end, Ranger is better. (Pet fully upgrade + Double shot + twin arrow + stormcaller or sabra marie)

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Thanks Balthazar...

In this party :

Eder (main tanker) Durance (priest)

Aloth (mage)

Cipher

Druid

were would you put the ranger? Change cipher or druid ?

ikky, this is clearly a matter of personal taste, but for ME, I'd find your party build too heavy on spellcasters.  When (not if, but WHEN) your paladin PC or Eder aren't able to hold the line against the enemy, everyone else seems a bit on the squishy side, except perhaps for Durance, who can be a decent mid line off-tank if built and equipped right.  That said, I suppose that you could also build and equip GM (the cipher) or Hiravias (druid) to be strong enough to off-tank.

Personally, I'd just feel uncomfortable with such an arcane heavy party.  Too much spellcasting micromanagement.  Not enough ability when it comes to physical combat.

Just for comparison's sake, my own current party is:

First Line:  Eder (fighter) and Pallegina (paladin)

Second Line: Durance (priest) and Kana (Chanter)

Third Line: Grieving Mother (cipher) and Alastyr (my Rogue PC)

Durance and Kana are both capable as off-tanks.  And as a chanter, Kana requires little in the way of micromanagement.

Thanks Balthazar...

In this party :

Aloth (mage)

Cipher

Druid

ikky, this is clearly a matter of personal taste, but for ME, I'd find your party build too heavy on spellcasters.  When (not if, but WHEN) your paladin PC or Eder aren't able to hold the line against the enemy, everyone else seems a bit on the squishy side, except perhaps for Durance, who can be a decent mid line off-tank if built and equipped right.  That said, I suppose that you could also build and equip GM (the cipher) or Hiravias (druid) to be strong enough to off-tank.

Personally, I'd just feel uncomfortable with such an arcane heavy party.  Too much spellcasting micromanagement.  Not enough ability when it comes to physical combat.

Durance and Kana are both capable as off-tanks.  And as a chanter, Kana requires little in the way of micromanagement.

Thanks for answer Crucis....

Yeah, you're right... I would equip Durance to be an off tanker in second line.. he will start with gun weapon and when required change to shield + weapon...

But.. yeah, he would be alone in second line :/ A ranger don't fix this problem.  but the pet can tank 1 or maybe 2 (if it was a bear, right?)

And about Rogue... how much squishy they are?

Thanks Balthazar...

In this party :

Aloth (mage)

Cipher

Druid

Thanks for answer Crucis....

Yeah, you're right... I would equip Durance to be an off tanker in second line.. he will start with gun weapon and when required change to shield + weapon...

But.. yeah, he would be alone in second line :/ A ranger don't fix this problem.  but the pet can tank 1 or maybe 2 (if it was a bear, right?)

And about Rogue... how much squishy they are?

No, a Ranger will not really fix a squishy problem.  Oh, rangers have the underlying accuracy, deflection, etc per level stat increases of other warrior classes.  And they "can" be solid in melee.  The problem they face is that to be really, REALLY effective ranged combatants, they want to have high PER and DEX, and wear the lightest armor you feel comfortable using to decrease their recovery time and increase their rate of fire.  Rangers are really all about maximizing their firing rate, if they're going to be effective ranged combatants.  OTOH (!!!), some have said that you can build a ranger to be a real melee tank, which probably involves having a set of attributes that support tanking better and having equipment for real tanking, starting with heavier armor than a fast firing ranged Ranger would prefer to use.  This sort of melee ranger would go heavy on pet talents and melee talents.

As for Rogues, my Rogue PC is rather squishy.  But he's set up to be mostly a ranged rogue, but isn't afraid to get into melee if necessary.  He's not built as a purely melee rogue.  My rogue has max INT and PER, with decent MGT and RES (and base CON and INT set at 8).  And he's wearing padded armor.

But beyond that, there are probably 2 or 3 types of melee rogues that I can think of.

1. The flanker/sneak attacker.  This guy's all about flanking and sneak attacking.  Slash and dash.  This one probably prefers lighter armors and quicker weapons, but I could be wrong.

2. The behind the lines off-tank:  This one prefers to use reach weapons (pikes or quarterstaffs) to stab as stuff while hiding behind the real tanks.  This guy can get away with lighter to medium armors because he's relying on the real tanks to cover his arse.

3. The in your face tank:  This one probably wears fairly heavy armor, and doesn't bother trying to flank all that often.  And probably relies on team mates to create the afflictions that support sneak attacks. 

The thing to remember about rogues is that their base Deflection starts a lot lower than for Fighters (for example), so they will tend to get hit more often than a fighter would.  So it seems to me that the best defense a rogue has is to try as much as possible not to get himself targeted by the enemy.  The less the enemy shoots at your rogue, the less the rogue has to worry about getting hit.  Hey, this is true for all characters, but front line tanks can hardly expect to not get targeted.  It's just part of their job.  Which is what kinda worries me about the in your face type of rogue tank.

• Like 1

I'll have a lack of dps ?

Depends on how you will build your wizard, druid and cipher.

Tanky - CC - DPS. Pick two :)

Rangers can be a good damage dealer before get Stormcaller ?

(Before getting stormcaller) They are ok as steady dps, in longer but not hard fights, where your casters might want to conserve their spells, and thus giving the ranger a lead. Prior to getting that bow + twin arrows, ranger's overall dps will be on par with an alpha-striking ranged paladin.

Who is the best DPS in the game ?

In single target dps: rogue

In "throw everything you have" and sum the aoe damage: druid and wizard

But overall the whole game, most likely cipher. Followed by a dps barbarian.

• Like 1