Same faces to chose from as KOTOR 1!?!?!

I was looking through the pics at the official site for KOTOR 2. Well I seen the person that you control and he had the all blue Jedi suit on. Well the thing that bothers me is that, the same face that person has, is the same face that you could pick from in the first KOTOR.

I find that disturbing cause one, in KOTOR I you were Revan and all of those faces shouldn't return for KOTOR II. It should be a new cast of faces cause the first KOTOR faces were Revan faces. I mean is Obsidian that lazy to create new faces? I mean they already have the whole engine/coding/development tools handed to them by Bioware. So you'll expect them to focus harder on other areas that Bioware didn't give to them.

I'm going to be very sick and upset if I buy KOTOR and start to create my player and find out that all 15 faces are the exact same as KOTOR II.

I'm still going to get KOTOR II though, but I don't know about you guys but the way KOTOR II is looking now, all it is is just basiclly KOTOR I with new characters, story, locations, and a few new additions like new jedi classes and force powers. There isn't really anything major added like new faces, mini-games more then 7 planets etc....

Just a 100% carbon copy of the first game and when I always imagined KOTOR, I imagined more then this....

Come on man they are showing shots of Sith fighting with you're party because they can't render new character models yet. Give them a break... Seriously do you really think they could be that freakin stupid? If so do you think you and I can cheat them out of their pay checks using a diet pill pyramid scam?

Cheers!

I'm hoping for some reskins as options for the existing heads (which Bioware should have done in the first place methinks) and some more heads from what that quote of Akari's says.

Personally I'll be quite annoyed if they don't have a few face textures as options for some of the old/new head models, I would probably use some of those other ones (There were only 2 that I actually used for male PCs, haven't really had time to play as female) depending on what a new texture would look like.

Other than new Party NPC specific faces, character faces have only recently been started on. I think the first new male and female heads were done just in time for the E3 demo. There'll be more though.

-Akari

So what exactly are the Devs doing?

A guess ?

They are:

• Designing
  • Modelling
  • Painting (concept art, textures etc.)
  • Engine tweaking (on no less than two platforms)
  • Testing
  • Adjusting game parameters
  • More testing
  • Discussing alternatives to plot dead ends
  • Scriptiing
  • Playing games
  • writing documentation
  • Debugging code
  • Story/text writing
  • Drinking coffee/soft drinks
  • Doing overtime
  • Making funny remarks about weird posters
  • Discussing the validity of their project plans at the current time
  • Preparing stuff for e3
  • Doing interviews with the gaming press
  • Looking forward to some time off (probably somewhere around 2006/2007)
  • Spending time with the publisher
  • Planning builds, if they have to make cuts in the game
  • Arguing about best approaches to seemingly insolvable problems
  • Doing a bit of learning and improving their own skills every now and then
  • Creating animations

Did I leave something out ? :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yea u did * Talking about all the bitching and whinning people on their forums crying because they dont wanna see the same faces in this game as they did in the last ehh woop-te-do ok so what a face is a face. Dont you think the devs have enough work ahead of them atm without u people saying ewwww that face was in KOTOR this game is gonna suck with that face again cuz I used him for Revan. Ok so did I and that and the bald white guy with the Goatee was used too. Whats so bad about having facial repeats. Like they said their adding new ones and they'll probably keep old ones for us people who liked them too.

So what exactly are the Devs doing?

A guess ?

They are:

• Designing
  • Modelling
  • Painting (concept art, textures etc.)
  • Engine tweaking (on no less than two platforms)
  • Testing
  • Adjusting game parameters
  • More testing
  • Discussing alternatives to plot dead ends
  • Scriptiing
  • Playing games
  • writing documentation
  • Debugging code
  • Drinking coffee/soft drinks
  • Doing overtime
  • Making funny remarks about weird posters
  • Discussing the validity of their project plans at the current time
  • Preparing stuff for e3
  • Doing interviews with the gaming press
  • Looking forward to some time off (probably somewhere around 2006/2007)
  • Spending time with the publisher
  • Planning builds, if they have to make cuts in the game
  • Arguing about best approaches to seemingly insolvable problems
  • Doing a bit of learning and improving their own skills every now and then
  • Creating animations

Did I leave something out ? :lol:

I don't think you included writing the epic story, character interactions, plotline between the original and the new one, rewriting it to avoid plot holes, not to mention I expect a longer story with more dialogue than in the original, which already had more than any of the movies. :lol:

I don't think you included writing the epic story, character interactions, plotline between the original and the new one, rewriting it to avoid plot holes, not to mention I expect a longer story with more dialogue than in the original, which already had more than any of the movies.  :lol:

Damn, I forgot the story writing...

Nobody's perfect, I'll go hide under a rock. :ph34r:

Edit: I've been sneaking back and adding a "Story/text writing" somewhere in the middle. Nobody will notice that it was absent B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think you included writing the epic story, character interactions, plotline between the original and the new one, rewriting it to avoid plot holes, not to mention I expect a longer story with more dialogue than in the original, which already had more than any of the movies.

Wasn't trying to scold you, I was just pointing out that that probably takes more time than all of the above mentioned. Especially since it all has to go with everything else, and permeate it absolutely. :lol:

I didn't think you were, no worry. Even if you had been, I'm more thickskinned than that :p

The entire post was meant as a joke at Craftsman for asking what they were doing. :lol:

Wasn't trying to scold you, I was just pointing out that that probably takes more time than all of the above mentioned.  Especially since it all has to go with everything else, and permeate it absolutely.  :lol:

I didn't think you were, no worry. Even if you had been, I'm more thickskinned than that :)

The entire post was meant as a joke at Craftsman for asking what they were doing. :lol:

<sarcasm>Great Gott! How naive do you take me to be?!! I knew it was fascetious sarcasm at best. </sarcasm>

P.S. See, I can do it too. :p

P.S.  See, I can do it too.  :p

:lol:

You never know with strangers. What was this thread about anyway ?

Oh yes, facelifts for Kotor2. On my own wishlist was better and more detailed faces, instead of more. Some of the interviews mentioned higher polygon counts. Hopefully those spare polygons go to the head of the characters. Lipsync and mimics were awful in Kotor1. Even a FPS like Unreal 2 did a better job of that. It might be a bit hard on their (Obsidians) resources though, if they have to make usercustomisable and more attractive faces, especially if the models are made as complete and individual models. The only thing left then is a new UV mapping and texturing so it's easier to retexture parts of the models. All depends on how that engine is handling it internally :lol:

I'd prefer a better lipsynched pre set group of models, rather than customizable ones that look like poor anime dubbing. ;)

Good point, after about the fifth conversation my first time through the game this began to get very annoying.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I'd prefer a better lipsynched pre set group of models, rather than customizable ones that look like poor anime dubbing.  ;)

Good point, after about the fifth conversation my first time through the game this began to get very annoying.

TripleRRR

Would this be worthy of the suggestions to the devs thread perhaps? :lol: