In Need Of Forum Moderators?

Mr. Teatime

Ex: legitimate? Ha. Ok now. This is an Internet Geek message baord. It just isn't important. And, "piss poor" isn't really a good example of "legitimate" forms of communication either.

actually, the problem ain't so much his use of the term

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Kum: Heh.

Ex: Sorry, once again, the majority's opinion here is irreleavnt. If Obsidian has no complaints about Grom's writing style, my spelling erorrs, your rudeness than those three things are untouchable whether you or your "cronies" (aka the Fake Majority you calim to speak for) like it or not. Bottom line, tough. If the worst thing you can say about Grom is that he types funny; then you lose big time. I'm not too worried about whether you understand me or not. I pointed out the obvious thing; you did not. Obsidian's opinion is more opinion than the "majority who patronize the board". Sorry, but that IS the truth.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

considering the fact that we got so many non english speaking posters on these boards, it would be mighty amusing to see some sorta grammar standard applied. no doubt the mods obsidian chooses will need a masters degree in English. wonder how many folks got the requisite creds? actually, we do know of one person who would be so qualified.

and k,

we ain't arguing with exit 'bout why he should or should not be a mod no more... we thought we was debating with the nma/dac/rpg codex crowd 'bout grammar standards.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. we did say that folks would bring their baggage with them to obsidian, did we not?

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You seem to take a lot of pride in being an ass, Volourn. It is a position which I personally don't particularly find to be in any way pleasant or even desirable.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Ex:Then stop being one yourself otherwise it's Pot. kettle. Black. B)

Heck, when I signed up for this baords I should've known there'd be people like you who claim they are the Judge of What Is Acceptable Or Not on someone else's message board.

That's what i get for posting on an Internet Geek Forum.

K: Yeah, you did a good job too. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

p.s. we did say that folks would bring their baggage with them to obsidian, did we not?

Yes, you did. Unfortunately, some people just don't know how to handle themselves. Reminds me of the guy at the party who drinks to much, and then gets aggressive when you ask him to stop or leave.

I would inquire as to who exactly you asking to stop or leave, Shadowstrider.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

don't take it personal, he just meant the silly arguement should be dropped.

There are lots of people here, were all bound to not like some of them. At least no one is doing the rasta man type yet...

Your not helping! ;)

You helped make it a self fulfilling prophecy. Hence, it doesn't count.

this thread is actually less in need of moderation than the one we linked above. 'least we not got any real profanity in this thread, and the personal attacks has been pretty weak. things was getting bad 'fore we got to obsidian boards, and no doubt they would get worse w/o us poking exit.

I don't see how any of this could in any way be conceived as 'fun'.

Exitium

Analogies are not literal meanings. They are essentially a story which relates to a certain situation.

As for whom I am refering to, if you felt you are one of them, you. If not, then not you.

If I wanted to argue with someone, I would've named names, pointed fingers, and slapped people around.

Fair enough. I completely respect your position on this, Shadowtrider. You have shown a great sense of maturity in comparison to Volourn who insists on arguing on behalf of Gromnir whom I am certain is in the position to defend himself.

Exitium

That is certainly a feeling one would infer from reading his posts but if you knew him as well as I, you'd realize that the only reason he writes responses is to spark off an argument of some sort with someone whom he personally disagrees with on some other more personal matter.

Exitium

I have to agree with Teatime. I do find what Grommy's saying difficult to understand sometimes. I guess I've grown up my whole life hearing English spoken a certain way, and when I hear (or in this case, see) someone butchering the language, I have to really think about what that person is trying to say.

It's been a while since I've been on a board that he's also on, but I'm quickly relearning to just ignore him as well. Easier that way.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

I often find Gromnir's speech hard to understand and largely pointless, as is arguing with him (and not because he always wins). So I have learnt to ignore him, as I'm sure he has me, and I'm a happeir person because of it.

Quite to the contrary, Gromnir and I have sparred from time to time, and I've seen him concede points (albeit rarely). Plus, if someone mature is engaged in a debate with Gromnir you can actually learn things, though this could be said about anyone, I've come to find that intellectual debates with Gromnir can be quite informative.

As for his speech, I have no problem with comprehending it... I guess I am just sim-pul.