In Need Of Forum Moderators?

Mr. Teatime

Definetely. Rosh, Spazmo, and Saint_Proverbius (if he ever shows up) would be good mods. But i don't see them wanting to invest time here, just to post ocasionaly.

This is sarcasm, right?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Definetely. Rosh, Spazmo, and Saint_Proverbius (if he ever shows up) would be good mods. But i don't see them wanting to invest time here, just to post ocasionaly.

This is sarcasm, right?

That was my thought as well.. :p

newlogo.gif

BTW, we definitely need some moderators, as this place is going insane...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

people is much more willing to accept restrictions after they has been the victims of other folks exercising their "liberties." if obsidian wants to crack down on folks hard they could not hope for a better start.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No "crack down" needed. Don't be dramatic. First, its not that bad, just need a mod to move topics, keep them on topic, etc. Second, who didn't expect this when the forums opened?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=86

already is threads with profanity and substantial flaming.

we not mind the way things is... in fact, we likes when some poof shows such lack o' imagination and brain power that they gotta be vulgar to get point 'cross... is quickest way to figure out who should be ignored, but point is that most game companies likes to keep things so that kids and old people not find offensive or inappropriate

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

people is much more willing to accept restrictions after they has been the victims of other folks exercising their "liberties." if obsidian wants to crack down on folks hard they could not hope for a better start.

HA! Good Fun!

I am all for law and order, provided I know what the rules are (in both letter and spirit). Don't you share my orderly ways, Grommy?

I think most importantly is people potentially interested in the products who aren't geeks like us and don't know about BIS etc. They may be turned off if they come to forums for info and find a thread like the one linked above. There won't be many of those such people yet, but as soon as a new project is announced, there will be. Especially if it is KoTOR2.

While I wholeheartedly agree that the forums could use a little moderation, I would have to say that I wouldn't like to see moderation in the form of overzealousness as such an attitude would certainly quell any possible chance for meaningful criticism.

I would nominate myself for a moderator position having the time, interest and the responsibility to do it if there aren't any other candidates up for the job. It would be most unfortunate if one as overzealous as the infamous Elara were to take such a position on the forum and bring with her the brand of sadism she assumes she's known for. :rolleyes:

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche