Just got it from stronghold adventure:

Gives 1 per rest dimensional shift

+12 reflex

Gave it to my rogue and i gotta say it works soooo GOOD, leaves a stun beam behind me that stun for 5 sec, with rogue high accuracy it lands on everything 

Yeah, Dimensional Shift has it's funny uses.

Wizard summoning Essential Phantom behind enemies ranks. Shifting to it. Ciphers casting echo on phantom. And wizard shifting back.

Edited by MaxQuest

But doesn't the Wave also hit your team members?

I think normally it does. But the one from the cloak doesn't! It is the best stronghold item I know of, when you put it on a low deflection character. I put it on my low deflection monk with shod in faith, and that cloak goes off every fight and pretty much wins every fight it goes off in. Lots of damage, long duration stun, hits usually all of the enemies.

It is now officially my favorite item.

One time it went off when my monk was charmed, though. Killed my party and didn't touch the bad guys.

Oh, and the wave reflects off walls. In small rooms it absolutely murders everything.

Edited by TheMetaphysician
  • Like 1

Oh - this will be so great on a rogue with Deep Wounds: Overwhelming Wave does crush damage and therefore will apply Deep Wounds. Stun + crush damage + raw damage = supersweet! :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

But doesn't the Wave also hit your team members?

I think normally it does. But the one from the cloak doesn't! It is the best stronghold item I know of, when you put it on a low deflection character. I put it on my low deflection monk with shod in faith, and that cloak goes off every fight and pretty much wins every fight it goes off in. Lots of damage, long duration stun, hits usually all of the enemies.

It is now officially my favorite item.

One time it went off when my monk was charmed, though. Killed my party and didn't touch the bad guys.

Oh, and the wave reflects off walls. In small rooms it absolutely murders everything.

I also got this cloak, its imba, i actually put it on my wizard tank as I don't rly like keeping an eye on all his defensive buffs, when cloak effect goes off I got instant indicator "Oh my wizard tank got hit? some buff must've wore off" 

Oh - this will be so great on a rogue with Deep Wounds: Overwhelming Wave does crush damage and therefore will apply Deep Wounds. Stun + crush damage + raw damage = supersweet! :)

It also seems to apply sneak attack and deathblows damage mods. So yeah, great on a rogue.

Edit: nevermind, I was misremembering this.

Yeah, I was surprised that it was Foe only too! But I imagine that's because it would be the worst item otherwise. I mean, I already am barely able to stand Elryn's Jacket, given how frequently it blinds/dazes the wearer/your teammates (headcanon -- I'm so fabulous that even I can't see my own defects!).

Edited by lantzk

Will it? I know proccing on beneficial AoEs will be fixed, but I assumed the friendly fire was intentional. Eyestrike is an area effect, if it procs off an enemy that hits you in melee, it's guaranteed to hit the wearer as well. Similarly, if it procs off a ranged enemy, and one of your allies is in melee with said enemy, your ally will be hit by eyestrike. Maybe it's supposed to be like Overwhelming Wave on the cloak? If so, I don't think I've seen that reported anywhere.

Hey, it does get the damage bonuses from Sneak Attack and Deathblows! Apparently I was right the first time. Very powerful, especially in combo with that priest's painful interdiction that you are such a fan of. (I've taken your advice on that strategy.)

Hey, it does get the damage bonuses from Sneak Attack and Deathblows! Apparently I was right the first time. Very powerful, especially in combo with that priest's painful interdiction that you are such a fan of. (I've taken your advice on that strategy.)

Yeah - I am a big fan of that. It's so good as opening move (after you buffed yourself & the party with +10 ACC from Inspiring Radiance ;)). Most Alpha Strikes from cipher will hit after that. Like Phantom Foes. And voilá: you have Death Blows in a huge area. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods