Any way to force my cipher to spam Amplified Thrust like a madman with some AI setup? Using agressive setup makes him use some utterly **** abilities sadly. I feel like this is the ability that takes the most of my time babysitting, I'd rather manually operate my wizard tank, priest buffer and rogue and have cipher just casually nuke whenever he got focus, which is pretty much all the time once he start using thrust. 

No, AI can't do that. But what you can do to reduce micro: build up a chain of commands with shift+spell choice+target choice. That way you can tell the cipher to cast amplified wave ten (or more) times in a row. Since it generates it's own focus you won't run dry and you can't aim it at enemies anyway.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ah ok it works, have to have focus for multiple thrusts before issuing commands tho. I hoped its possible to line up commands for like 4-5 thrusts even if cipher got focus just for 1 at the time of issuing them (because thrust generates focus on its own if it hits hard enough) 

p.s or am i wrong?

Edited by Phyriel

The best way is just to buff up AI setup window :) Ontop of all we have now add some filter to abilities/spells of character and may be priority system if needed.

There ll be other issues after, but most of micro will be gone :)

What do you mean? Like there is a way to do it or you mean devs should implement a filtering system like that?

Devs should :) Since they improved AI setting this far i hope they add some sort of filter in future too

Ah ok it works, have to have focus for multiple thrusts before issuing commands tho. I hoped its possible to line up commands for like 4-5 thrusts even if cipher got focus just for 1 at the time of issuing them (because thrust generates focus on its own if it hits hard enough) 

p.s or am i wrong?

Yeah, might be the case. The problem is that Ampl. Thrust generates focus when the enemy is hit and that can take some time (between casting and hit). So I think you need at least focus for two Ampl. Thrusts because once the first is cast the system wants to cast the second immediatley after - but the first one didn't generate focus yet. You haven't enough then and the actions get cancelled. Should work if you first fire a shot from a arquebus or blunderbuss, giving you lots of focus,and then start the command chain.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, I found it annoying that amplified thrust was soooo slow traveling to it's target. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a "fast cast". Since you have to wait for the spell to hit anyways. Maybe a low DEX cipher would work better because you actually want a long recovery time?

Yeah, I found it annoying that amplified thrust was soooo slow traveling to it's target. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a "fast cast".

^ I believe it's purpose was in finishing-off an enemy who got into your backline and engaged a squishy.

Kind of defeats the purpose of being a "fast cast". Since you have to wait for the spell to hit anyways. Maybe a low DEX cipher would work better because you actually want a long recovery time?

You can start attacking or casting another power, while thrust is still mid-air. Pretty much the same thing as with echo, you don't have to wait for the effect to finish.

-----

Anyway,... Thrust generating focus feels so wrong...

Edited by MaxQuest