only problem is that scion of flame does not effect the dragon threshed. 

Well, that just seems so wrong.  Is it a bug?

No, no bug. All those talents (+20% elemental damage) onyl work on direct damae, not DoT effects. Same with the druid and his many corrosive DoT spells. They don't profit from Spirit of Decay.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The way I built my Fire General Pallegina was as follows:

Abilities (in order taken):

Flames of Devotion (automatic)

Zealous Focus

Sworn Enemy

Reviving Exhortation

Liberating Exhortation

Reinforcing Exhortation

Sacred Immolation

???

Talents (in order taken):

Vielo Vidorio (you probably want to retrain out of this later) or Intense Flames

Weapon and Shield Style

Wrath of the Five Suns

Scion of Flame

Your choice after this

This is just my interpretation of ottffsse's first post, but reordering of the above will be fine.

• Like 1

^that is pretty spot on. Once you find your wizard cipher everyone else being able to generate their own haste through alacrity or time parasite or outlander frenzy or you have enough potions of daom you can take something like vulnerable attack on pallegina to help her do a bit more damage in melee auto attacks. Instead of vidorio. Or take vulnerable attack last at level 12 / 14. The upgrade critical focus is also a good late talent choice but the list above is the essentials and the recommended order is very good for most parties.

Edited by ottffsse

Looks pretty good, Jerek, though I don't think that I could build any paladin without taking Lay on Hands (and later on, Greater Lay on Hands) and Aegis of Loyalty.  But I suppose that that's just personal taste.

Actually I did miss Lay on Hands with Pallegina in my last play through, and the only reason I didn't take Aegis was I hadn't quite realised how good it was.

I'd be tempted to drop Liberating Exhortation on the above build since I rarely found myself using it, but then I somehow ended up with three Rings of Unshackling which, combined with Durance, meant I could keep people un-crowd-controlled most the time.

I consider liberating exertion must on any paladin personally. Same with reviving exertion. Lay on hands is good. For me the choice is between lay on hands and reinforced exertion (+, deflection) usually. I have to pick one of those or no aegis of loyalty. Actually if you have a priest you don't need aegis.

Edited by ottffsse

Another valid option - if you have a priest - is to spec into Aegies of Loyality at level 7 and retrain out of it at level 11, because that's the level when the priest gains access to Prayer of Treachery. My personal must have is Reinforcing Exhortation, because it's just golden to buff the survivability of my non tank frontliners, even more since I consider RES my personal dump stat... :yes: It's both a blessing and a curse to have access to so many good class abilities.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

I skip reviving exhortation as I don't need it. In a really tough fight Kana can use the revive invocation or someone can just use a scroll.

I agree that reinforcing is pretty solid, having two paladins lets them start each fight buffing the other. Helps keep Ranger pets alive as well.

Aegis of Loyalty is just great, a Priest can make you immune but can't clear the charm. Aegis combined with the AoE of Sacred Immolations keeps you clear of charms and converts your team back for a long time.

• 2 years later...

I'm going to use a mod to respect companion's attributes, so what would be the optimal stats for this build? Max MIG and PER, 17 INT, 10 CON and RES, dump DEX? Or maybe it's better to rely on Zealous Focus so that you can reduce PER to 12 and increase DEX to 10. 

Edited by Rooksx