Holy crap. I'm at the fork in the road where you meet Durance. There was a group of mercs there including a death god-like. They attacked me so I fought. Quite easily defeated everyone EXCEPT THE INVINCIBLE PERPETUALLY HEALING MERCENARY. My guys are all level 5. I'm only playing on normal. I'm looking through the logs and I can't see anything that says that the mercenary is healing. It all just says he hits for X or similar. I swear to god every time I knock a bubble of health off he instantly refills it. I wouldn't be so frustrated if ANYWHERE in the logs it said ANYTHING about healing. I have no idea why he's just constantly filling himself back up on health.

Does sound like Unbending. It's surprising how much that heals. I think one of the Mercs in the early Shipment quest in the Meadows can do it, too. Kinda surprised we don't see it more often throughout the game, as I imagine much of the Kith we fight are, well, fighters.

Yep. Same with the bandits at Black Meadow if you try to beat them early. One of them is a fighter with Unbending. Or Mezla with that bounty at Durgan's Battery. You think you barely won and then this fighter a**hole just won't die.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Man, the blacksmith quest merc at black meadow just won't ever die. I swear he is a ****roach in disguise. If Ondra ever felt the need to drop another mountain on Eora again he would be fine... Abbydon should just have sent him in his place....

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light