Why does it take so long to lad one room maps?

ArnoldRimmer

Question

6 answers to this question

POE is a 32 bit application therefore it can never use more than 2.5GB of RAM unless you edit the exe to be large address aware then it can use 3 or so GB. This is an older version of the unity engine before I believe it supported Level streaming similar to Unreal engine 3 or above. Thus that 1 room shop is a completely separate map file

A big problem of the game, truly.

I hope, Obsidian will use better technologies for Pillars of Eternity 2.

I have a SSD, but lol... its very long... When I see The Witcher 3... A large open world without loading !...

At the start of the game, the loading is correct. But, late, its horrible.

Edited by theBalthazar

I belive it's the autosave that slows things down. I  think the added data of the DLCs as time goes on realy bogs the saves down.  Is there a way to disable the autosave?  I can't seem to find it in the options, or am I missing something? 

patience?

we waited over a year for the devs to simply add the option to disable autosaves on area transition.

fail.

still no way to do this, and still have the problem of ever increasing save times on transition as the game goes on.

sorry, patience is for a year ago, around the fourth patch, after everyone had been asking for this feature already for months.