Triggering Durance and Grieving Mother

I want to know exactly how to trigger the conversations that will progress their quests.  I know you get them after resting, but is it only resting at an inn, or only camping, or either?  Is the chance of triggering it affected by having both of them in my party at once?  Do I have to exhaust their dialogue options or are there certain specific options which will lead to the conversations being triggered?  If so, what?  Durance especially has a lot of dialogue and it gets tedious to go through all the greyed-out dialogue nodes trying to remember which was the last one I used, and he annoyingly cuts you off after a certain amount of dialogue anyway, so knowing you have to pick option X then option Y would be a weight off my mind.

Thank you. I just have a couple of additional questions though: is it only resting at an inn, or only camping, or either? Is the chance of triggering it affected by having both of them in my party at once? Do I have to exhaust their dialogue options or are there certain specific options which will lead to the conversations being triggered? If so, what?

I've gotten them all just by spamming rest at Caed Nua, even when I otherwise never used them. You have to progress a certain amount through the game, of course, so you can't just rest spam and get it done right away, but definitely by the time you've spoken with the Gods you can rest spam to finish them.

This was two patches ago but I did all of grieving mother's quest by just chain resting in Brighthollow with her in the party.

Durance will actually srequire  pending some time with the party or he will refuse to answer questions after a while.

Edited by falchen