Hmm...I've never really used the wounding weapons outside of Tidefall, always went Dual Anni Sabers for my dps chars. Mostly because I thought the DoT kept overwriting itself, making it pointless with how fast you swing optimized. But since it stacks on top of each other, that sounds pretty amazing, as unlike a Lash, it doesn't get killed by DR.

I guess that makes Int a pretty decent stat if using those weapons? Not amazing, of course, but like right now I'm taking a Con item for Eder instead of an Int one, mostly because the Int's pretty useless. But if that Int is basically 1.5% or something more damage a hit, might slightly change how I gear.

Hmm...I've never really used the wounding weapons outside of Tidefall, always went Dual Anni Sabers for my dps chars. Mostly because I thought the DoT kept overwriting itself, making it pointless with how fast you swing optimized. But since it stacks on top of each other, that sounds pretty amazing, as unlike a Lash, it doesn't get killed by DR.

I guess that makes Int a pretty decent stat if using those weapons? Not amazing, of course, but like right now I'm taking a Con item for Eder instead of an Int one, mostly because the Int's pretty useless. But if that Int is basically 1.5% or something more damage a hit, might slightly change how I gear.

Int increases the length but not the damage of the wound.

Int increases the length but not the damage of the wound.

If I understand you correctly, if the AMOUNT of total damage from wounding damage is fixed, then there's no advantage to having a higher INT when it comes to wounding damage.  If anything, it seems like you'd be better off with a lower INT so that you can get that fixed amount of damage more quickly rather than stretched out over a longer period of time.

And I have to say that something about that seems really wrong.  Having a higher INT should be a positive not a negative for wounding damage.  Am I missing something or misunderstanding something here?

Wait, is that how it works? so, 20 Int would just make it do 25% of damage over 7.5 sec instead of 5 sec, making it worse? Well, that's not too shabby if so, I think there is some +10 deflection, -4 Int drug I can keep Eder addicted too to help out.

I don't know.  And that's the problem.  It's not well explained.

I wish that one of the devs would come in here and give us a crystal clear explanation of how this wounding effect REALLY works.

Wait, is that how it works? so, 20 Int would just make it do 25% of damage over 7.5 sec instead of 5 sec.

Yes. And same goes for Wounding Shot.

You can deal the same x damage over 6s (with 10 int), 9s (with 20 int) or 63s (with 200 int). Despite the "fixed duration".

At least it deals raw damage now, so DR doesn't reduce already diluted damage further.

Have to note through, that usually increasing INT, keeps the dps of dots the same (and only increases duration and thus total damage). This applies for example to dots like Soul Ignition and Disintegration. Also it applies to healings over time, like Lay on Hands.

Edited by MaxQuest

Ah, that's good to know. Means I was just flat out doing it wrong when using it with a 25 Int Barb. Kinda was unintentionally bringing the weapon down against trash mobs on a char whose main job was killing trash.

Well, Eder will be using the Daggers, and with Drugs he can chill around 6 Int, so they shouldn't lose much damage on trash mobs.

^ It's not a big loss for your barb through. As there are many good alternatives available for him. Including unlabored blade.

And firebug proc is uber good as long as there are just two targets for it to bounce.

Also, I should note that you don't really "lose damage". You slightly lose dps. As those applications are still ticking there. Just over greater span of time.

Is superb and a lash better than legendary? I think so since lashes multiplies damage instead of just apply yet another minor additive bonus and slightly more accuracy.

That said, I think the best weapons are the ones with a single enchant that can support both legendary and a lash. I like the idea of enchanting The March Dagger, as a second weapon to speed up a different, more powerful primary. It has speed, lash, legendary possible, and flick of the wrist for even more accuracy.

Edited by Braven

Is superb and a lash better than legendary?

Superb + lash deals a lot more damage (and frankly +3 Accuracy from Legendary isn't really a big deal.)

Not sure I agree with "the best weapons are the ones with a single enchant that can support both legendary and a lash." There are unique enchants that make a lot more difference than +3 Accuracy / +10% damage, which is what Legendary brings to the table versus Superb.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Is superb and a lash better than legendary?

Superb + lash deals a lot more damage (and frankly +3 Accuracy from Legendary isn't really a big deal.)

Not sure I agree with "the best weapons are the ones with a single enchant that can support both legendary and a lash." There are unique enchants that make a lot more difference than +3 Accuracy / +10% damage, which is what Legendary brings to the table versus Superb.

I meant the best among those you would ever enchant to legendary. I agree, the best weapons probably don't have the enchantment space. My main point was that it is not worth skipping a lash for a quality enchantment.

• Like 1

Hmm not sure I really understand wounding. Been playing a bit with dual drawn in springs. How are you able to tell that it stacks on top of itself? I noticed the duration was sometimes at close to 10 sec, probably due to my sky high int on my barb. The rolling damage never seems to go above 5 damage or so though. Shouldn't I be noticing the DOT numbers go up if it stacks?

Hmm not sure I really understand wounding. Been playing a bit with dual drawn in springs. How are you able to tell that it stacks on top of itself? I noticed the duration was sometimes at close to 10 sec, probably due to my sky high int on my barb. The rolling damage never seems to go above 5 damage or so though. Shouldn't I be noticing the DOT numbers go up if it stacks?

You hit with it a few times one of the members of your team. You compare the damage fom the logs with the health lost and you'll see everything adds perfectly.

Edited by Kaylon