Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim - a game by me for people

Bryy

So, not sure if I blabbered to the forums yet, but a while back, I started working on a big idea that then got small and then turned into a different project entirely. Years later, the thing is finally out. 

World, I give to thee Army of Tentacles. Now on Steam for monetary value.

It's not a Cthulhu dating simulator. But it is an H.P. Lovecraft-based RPG-Adventure hybrid set in a visual novel format (hence the dating sim subtitle). Take a look, I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but we're all pretty proud of the product we made. 

We just put the Mac version up, and are working on Linux and possibly even Tablet.

• Like 3

I saw that a week or two ago.  I'll definitely check it out once there is a Linux version, though I have to admit that I'm a little bit disappointed that it is not a Cthulhu dating simulator.  :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

complete aside: we thought dina meyer were all kinda hot in starship troopers, but given how little o' heinlein's starship troopers is in paul verhoeven's starship troopers, am wondering why the producers even bothered to get the movie rights to the novel. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have to admit that I'm a little bit disappointed that it is not a Cthulhu dating simulator.  :p

I'd play the **** out of a Cthulhu dating simulator.

..... noted.

It's always nice to see a developer listen to feedback (even if said feedback essentially boils down to "give us moar tentacle pr0n").

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I have to admit that I'm a little bit disappointed that it is not a Cthulhu dating simulator.  :p

I'd play the **** out of a Cthulhu dating simulator.

..... noted.

It's always nice to see a developer listen to feedback (even if said feedback essentially boils down to "give us moar tentacle pr0n").

It's been something we went back and forth about. A lot of people seem to "be into that", though. 

We have a list of things that need to be done first, most notably Linux as well as getting on other distribution platforms, so I wouldn't expect anything soon.