Lavender Wreath + Binding Rope Interaction

lantzk

Question

Slightly more complicated: if a player has both of these equipped, only Lavender Wreath's Sickening effect procs. Also, neither procs versus ranged attacks under any conditions -- that seems like it might be intended, however.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately it looks like it's a bug with Binding Rope—it just never applies the Stuck affliction.

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select Edér and go to his inventory.

Observe he is wearing Binding Rope, which applies the Stuck affliction for 3 seconds to enemies who hit him.

Back to the game, proceed forward and enter combat against the Alguls.

Send Edér in to fight and wait for the Alguls to hit him.

Observe the Stuck affliction is never applied.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I took off all of his equipment but the Binding Rope, took the Rope off and then put it back on, and the effect procc'ed. There's clearly some other unknown interaction at play.

Edited by lantzk

Okay, even if I put all of his equipment back on it still procs. Taking it off is the necessary step, however. If Eder's attacked with all of his gear on and I haven't taken it all off, the effect doesn't proc. But if I put all of his gear back on after taking it off? Effect procs.

I have no understanding of this item.

Edited by lantzk

Interesting. I checked Edér's character sheet, and under "Binding Rope" is only says "+2 Constitution, (Suppressed)" (basically there's no name for the Stuck proc). Removing the helmet (which grants retaliation) removes the suppression as well. Putting the helmet back on keeps the effect going, but the helmet's Retaliation is suppressed.

So the belt needs to be equipped first, before any other piece of equipment that has a retaliatory proc (being it the classic retaliation, or a status proc like Lavender Wreath's); this way, the Stuck proc will work, but the other will be suppressed. EDIT: Saving and loading will restore the suppression on the belt's proc and take it away from the other item's.

Clearly a bug; hope it's already fixed in 3.02 :)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

bump for visibility

• Like 1

Just a quick update:

Lavender Wreath behaves in the same way as the Binding Rope, i.e. if worn in conjunction with any other item that has retaliatory properties, it will either suppress them or be suppressed by them. To test this, wear it together with Hiro's Mantle or Coat of Ill Payment.

Also, it's "Irritating" enchant doesn't show up in the wearer's character record, just like Binding Rope's "Binding" doesn't.

• Like 1