Barbarian not fighting

Egorro

Question

Hello, sorry for my possibly bad English.

I've created the barbarian character when started new game after White March 2 is launched and noticed that sometimes this character refuses to hit an enemy: I can switch to him and give an order to attack, the record appears in the log but the character remain standing without any action. I'm attaching the screenshot of the last combat log, highlighted the 2 times I've tried to manually attack, these are the only two times he appears in the log - no more action from this character until one hit in the very end. This is not the first time I notice such inactivity, what can it be?

post-161208-0-29822000-1456863744_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Is your main character wearing Fenwalkers? It stopped happening to me when I removed them.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Was your character Paralyzed, by chance?

In my current play through I noticed Edér sometimes gets perma-paralyzed (when the Paralysis effect ends, he still has the "Paralyzed" icon next to his portrait; he can move around but won't perform any other action.)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Was your character Paralyzed, by chance?

In my current play through I noticed Edér sometimes gets perma-paralyzed (when the Paralysis effect ends, he still has the "Paralyzed" icon next to his portrait; he can move around but won't perform any other action.)

No, I can control him and he is running after the enemies but not hit them - just stand closely and watch. I forgot to check status icons, may be it was some kind of control. Just remembered that some time before this fight he also didn't strike in combat and I've noticed that the 2-h sword in his hands is missing: hands are risen as "holding" it but the sword itself isn't displayed. I've switched to second set and back - sword appeared again and the character started fighting with it immediately

I've had that happen to me as well with an exceptional estoc, but couldn't find a way to repro reliably--which means it's going to be extremely hard (if not impossible) for Obs to see what the issue is :(

• Like 1

I was trying to examine the situation for some days and not 100% sure yet but looks like this issue is Paralyze status: paralyzed character don't fight enemies but can move somehow - at least the barbarian main character

Is your main character wearing Fenwalkers? It stopped happening to me when I removed them.

Yes you are 100% right, he is really wearing these boots. But this is still looks like a real bug, I think it should be resolved anyway

Thank you for the exact reason of the trouble, I'll try to find another boots for normal combat))

Yeah, I think trouble with these boots was reported during the 3.0 beta so hopefully 3.2 will fix it :)

• Like 1

Yeh, 3.02. Should be a juicy patch :)

Hey everybody!

Just to update this a little bit; when your character is wearing Fenwalkers and is paralyzed for less than 3 seconds, they are put in a permanent paralyzed state and can't do any actions.

This has been fixed in our internal build, and will be pushed in the 3.02 update =)

Sorry you ran in to this, and I hope you're enjoying the game!

• Like 2

I try my very best.