You should post your save!

I'd love to look at it.

Yeah, i will do this when i get home today. So if anyone wants to fight Thaos with Noober: Feel free to do this.

I am also writing a detailed walkthrough if anyone wants to play a Level-1-Run - hope i can finish it this week! :yes:

No thanks, I'm not masochistic. :)

Okay, there we go - here is the link to the savegame right before the fight vs Thaos. Try it on your own and cry! :biggrin:

Before you try it: Dont wonder about the Chars Name. Yes, its not Noober. I had started the challenge before i wrote this thread and i was too lazy to restart it with the "right" name. :banghead:

If anyone wants the savegame AFTER the final battle i can post it too. But the other one is more fun. At least for me. :devil:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyznug0nkrvdqw/babb6c6b89304b5c9f5479616b6c2392%2025783364%20SuninShadow.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

its easier for me to solo act 1 and 50% of act 2 then to play it with a group... thats because i play chanter over and over again - the playstyle doesnt suit me at all (noobers) - i dont think i should try it^^ but... once doesnt hurt (much)^^

wow... it looks easier then i thought...

first try i didnt manage to pause fast enough, 2nd try i triggered a disengage and got insta killed after with the dot spell... 3rd try i used auto pause with alt tab... had enough time to summon something, ran a bit - summoned 2nd figurine - thaos stopped casting, i could have kited them to death (one point (if it wasnt changed from before) the death explosion is instant, the moment they die - either you are next to them and get damaged or you are far away - so you know when to try for the kill - you cant dodge it with speed after the kill) i didnt try further - it would take me too long (i ran in a circle, each good circle i can attack 3 times - if i go too fast or something i miss up to 3 circles) - i dont know how long per circle... but it would take me much too long to do it just for fun xD (its not fun^^)

Edited by Reent

wow... it looks easier then i thought...

first try i didnt manage to pause fast enough, 2nd try i triggered a disengage and got insta killed after with the dot spell... 3rd try i used auto pause with alt tab... had enough time to summon something, ran a bit - summoned 2nd figurine - thaos stopped casting, i could have kited them to death (one point (if it wasnt changed from before) the death explosion is instant, the moment they die - either you are next to them and get damaged or you are far away - so you know when to try for the kill - you cant dodge it with speed after the kill) i didnt try further - it would take me too long (i ran in a circle, each good circle i can attack 3 times - if i go too fast or something i miss up to 3 circles) - i dont know how long per circle... but it would take me much too long to do it just for fun xD (its not fun^^)

As i stated earlier. Its much more about patience than anything else. I played it safely so only two shots per cycle. Three is possible for sure but the risk for me was too high. If you play it perfectly you could maybe kill them in less than one hour. Sometimes i even shot them only once per cycle because i wasnt sure if they could catch me.

Avoiding the explosions - yeah. Maximum range and knowing when they (probably) will go down is key. The easiest way to avoid death would be: Take some healing potions and skip a summon slot. Should work too. :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis

if i had that patience... my cipher would have killed thaos too^^ and i wouldnt die in my ironman runs to stuff i do know (and i would have died only once in wm up to now - i am way too impatient... i can either drag the enemy out and get about 90% less chance to loose (enemies not near the start point makes for many many things that can make a loose not happen) - or i can go in, summon one figurine and kill the enemies (or die) very fast - if i dont see every enemy at the start of the fight... it can get ugly - fast - even if i know that 30-60% longer fights are no reason to force it (since one death means a few hours of playing to get back to that point) - i cant do it :x

Anyone else has tried the Thaos fight? Would be interesting to get some feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyznug0nkrvdqw/babb6c6b89304b5c9f5479616b6c2392%2025783364%20SuninShadow.savegame?dl=0

Or is patience something that only belongs to oldschool-generation players like me? :biggrin:

I am still working on the Walkthrough - this will take some time...

Edited by Harpagornis

I think every version of Noober would involve a lot of kiting, so a leveling naked character seems like the way to go next. It could even be a monk to leave all inventory slots empty, or as someone suggested, use weapons but not consumables. 

I think every version of Noober would involve a lot of kiting, so a leveling naked character seems like the way to go next. It could even be a monk to leave all inventory slots empty, or as someone suggested, use weapons but not consumables. 

Exactly Tigranes. The leveling naked char is currently the project i am thinking of.

The conecpt could be: No items at all except for weapons - sounds like a Kensai Theme!

This challenge will be very tough at some points but theoretically it should be possible. :yes:

Only problem: I nearly have no time for playing at the moment. :geek:

Noobers Walkthrough is nearly finished - only some tips & tricks will have to be added in the next days.

So if anyone is interested in Noobers path and strategies - here you go: http://pastebin.com/3b6zF0k0

Thanks! :yes:

You might want to PM AndreaColombo to have him include your new guide into the upcoming PoE character builds sticky. Obviously Noober's adventure deserves an honorable mention :) Edited by gogocactus