If i would have enough time and the right mood i might be tempted doing a livestream just for the fun of it.

But as my reallife will soak up most of my time in the next months this is just utopistic.

Theoratically it should be doable as there arent too many tight spots and the rest is just a matter of careful planning and a lot of patience.

In the actual challenge Noober died not that much - most of the time it was my own rush and impatience.

If anyone else wants to do this: Go, go, go! :devil:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

Thanks for your comments mates - and for the motivation to move on with Noober!!

I would have written some news in the meanwhile but my reallife is soaking up all of my time.

Maybe Noober will continue his journey in the evening - collecting items and gold for the final encounters. :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis

Noober is on the hunt right now. He had to face Warchief Iklak himself after kiting the young dragons and Xaurip Highpriests to death.

Thanks to his 3 beetles and good old bear he managed to hitlock Iklak so he never finished his Pillar of Faith before dying - great.

He not only got some nice gold reward but also the ivory worm figurine. Next will be the Ebony spder figurine once he collected 18k.

Thanks to some splitpull magic "Hey Mister Cirdel is that a toothpick in your hand?"

Noober kited Sly Cirdel to death - thanks to his regeneration this took some while.

With the bounty reward he now has enough gold for the Ebony spider figurine.

Noober has go to sleep now - tomorrow more hunting is on the schedule! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 2

Noober had some time to rest and think about his adventure.

So far things have gone pretty well for him and it seems the choices he made were damn right.

Starting with Stealth 2 helped in the beginning to get past dangerous enemies unseen while Surival 3 gave him the +1 movement bonus right from the start. This allowed him to run and kite much better. The missing lore points we discussed earlier didnt harm him that much. The only downside is that he still lacks the Shadow Figurine but the 3 beetles (and the other figurines) are doing their job fine.

Choosing a Ranger also seems to be a good choice so far. The improved kiting and scouting power cannot be overestimated. Not to forget: As long as one of them is alive they are "immortal". Thats helps especially against tough enemies and bypassing otherwise deadly traps. Noober is still questioning himself if any other class would have been able to go this far...

Only time will tell us! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 2

Losing the shadow figurine is sad since that is the best one, and scrolls are nice, but it is hard to get everything as a level 1. Kiting is probably more useful, though with boots of speed, that +movement doesn't really matter so much now.

Edited by Braven

Losing the shadow figurine is sad since that is the best one, and scrolls are nice, but it is hard to get everything as a level 1. Kiting is probably more useful, though with boots of speed, that +movement doesn't really matter so much now.

Losing the shadows hurts but its not as bad as i feared earlier. The other summons also are doing a good job as decoys if needed but most of the time Noober can work without them.

The +movement bonus isnt that useful anymore but for the first three acts it worked wonderful. And - yes - one have to live with the fact that you cant have everything.

But working with limited resources was always something that excited me the most. At the moment Noober continues his farming - Thaos will have to wait a bit more. :yes:

Hahaha, nice thread and project.

I have to agree, Thaos will be impossible, at least upscaled Thaos will be.

probably would have picked a rogue because shadowing beyond, but ranger seems good too. :)

Hahaha, nice thread and project.

I have to agree, Thaos will be impossible, at least upscaled Thaos will be.

probably would have picked a rogue because shadowing beyond, but ranger seems good too. :)

I don't think it's impossible. He only needs to make Thaos use his Cleansing Flame on a summon, then run and shot him and the statues to death.

I'm still flabbergasted Noober made it this far.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Hitting things isnt that hard. Unbuffed Noober has 66 Accuracy - with food buffs and potions he will be above 80.

But even unbuffed he is hitting most things quite regulary so normally he fights without any buffs.

Thanks for the info about the Fireball Staff Braven - maybe i will take a closer look at it.

Right now Noober mainly uses Lenas Er or an Exceptional Arbalest if he wants some burst.

Not to forget: He is still working to bring down Nalrend the Wise. The two elder bears and one Ogre are down

but thanks to their high endurance its a pain in the ass. To make things worse: Any spell hit results in instadeath.

Dont know if he can do it. The Charm-Hat works quite well so far but its just not enough.

Any ideas how to make things a bit easier with his limited resoures?

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

Do you actually get anything worth-while from Nalrend the Wise?

The bounties might not be worth trying to complete.  The main benefit of them is EXP, which Noober doesn't need.  I guess they provide gold too, but there are probably easier sources for that.  The Keep in Act 1 has lots of gold for the taking in the form of "fine" weapons and armor, if you need that.  Anything you are looking to buy? 

Edited by Braven

Its just for the challenge not for the reward. Thanks to the Fireball Staff some +15 Accuracy Potions and his summons its now possible to bring at least one Ogre down to "near dead". With some lucky rolls it might be able to kill one per rest but i fear it will take forever. Maybe Noober should move on. Any items recommended before moving down to Thaos?

You should try to pick Persistence - I think you'll have better results even if it will be only exceptional. Other than that I suppose you already have Bartender's Ring, Boots of Speed, Munacra Arret, Lilith's Shawl, Gauntlets of Accuracy, Girdle of Maegfolc Might...

You should try to pick Persistence - I think you'll have better results even if it will be only exceptional. Other than that I suppose you already have Bartender's Ring, Boots of Speed, Munacra Arret, Lilith's Shawl, Gauntlets of Accuracy, Girdle of Maegfolc Might...

Yeah, i was thinking about Persistence too but - damn - i like Lenas Er too much. :biggrin:

Noober already collected the rest you mentioned except for Lilith´s Cape - the Shadows & Ghosts are no go area.

If Noober will find the time he will try getting to Thaos today or at least in the next days. This will be fun! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 3

Noober did it. He jumped into the pit to clear the path to Thaos.

Fully buffed he was sometimes able to oneshot the paralyzing Ghosts with his exceptional Arbalest. The rest was usual kiting with Lenas Er & summon decoy. He tricked the Adra Animats with the 3 spiders - after they soaked all engagement he just walked past with good old bear and waited for the end of combat - job done.

On the second level he again pulled off the summon-decoy-tactic for the shadow dragon and his adds. Only downside: Good old bear died to the shadows while Noober barely escaped the ambush. To move on he used another trick: Whenever a cutscene triggers the pet will reappear beside the ranger - even when dead. He again lured the shadow dragon away with his summons so he could easily kite and kill the slow moving shadows one after another - easy!

Noober is now standing right before the final encounter with Thaos himself. Time for some rest now. Tomorrow will be the day of judgement - one way or another. Good night! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 4