Yes, you can only place one trap - no trap field of insta death like in BG. So far i only got two figurines but will work to get more.

Pets cant start dialogue exept when you engage NPC´s that will start their conversation automatically once you got into line of sight.

The Sanatorium isnt something i am worrying about. Why? Because Noober already finished it. At the end its quite simple:

Summon the 3 beetles and give them some seconds to soak maximum engagement. In the meantine you and your pet can move

to the small niche so enemies wont spot you for unplesant engagement. When the enemies start hurting the beetles you can just run

through - or better around - all incoming enemies. With movement speed bonus from rest you are fast enough to get through unhurt.

You just have to make sure that the Fleshbeasts wont get the chance to knock you down.

I see much more problems coming in Heritage Hills Tower. This one will be a tough nut to crack. Getting an invitation from one of the

factions will also be hard. I dont see how to get Doemenels or Knights as the given fights are in small areas where you cant cheese.

This would leave only the Dozens open. The Lhe a Rhemen ruins with their spider swarms could be a nightmare too. We will see... :yes:

heritage hill? kill one enemy with figurines, run - rinse repeat?

Heritage Hill outer region: No problem!

The second level of the tower is where the problems start: Stealthing wont work. And the summons wont soak all engagement so you still have to fight. Maybe there will be some space where you can hide but... cant judge it right now... will have to try it. Any tips welcome! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis

Nice going Noober!  I am rooting for you.  I didn't even think about completely avoiding the combat.  There is no reason you have to kill them all.

The group outside Heritage tower can probably be kited away - most of the enemies are weak and slow and you can always rest after killing a couple since enemies never re-spawn.  The small confines of the tower itself will be the hard part.  If it were possible to sneak past them to the stairs, that would be ideal.  It is only two levels until you reach the top.

there is still that one bugged clock that gives you permanent invisibility when you are critically hit, although I can't remember the name.

that could let you play through the game, assuming you can somehow survive a single critical hit in the difficult encounters and hurry before the next patch ;)

I think this should be a 2 man with Neeber from Trademeet!!!! Or even a party of all the ridiculous characters from the series! Noober, Neeber, Habib (scimtar chucker), Kalla the circus gnome, Gaelan Bayle, and Jan Jansen!

Hilariously great idea, I might actually be tempted.

• Like 1

Next Challenge: Purposely make the worst possible characters through reverse min/maxing and you must defeat all enemies in the game on POTD. You get to level them and have 6 party members, but they must have the worst abilities, talents, and stat distribution combination you can think of. Items are allowed, but they must also be universally considered terrible and have no synergy, and if possible, anti-synergy. Furthermore, all of the character model customizations must be the most ugly and/or funny combination you can come up with. Cheese is only allowed if it is funny cheese.

Edited by Braven

I think this should be a 2 man with Neeber from Trademeet!!!! Or even a party of all the ridiculous characters from the series! Noober, Neeber, Habib (scimtar chucker), Kalla the circus gnome, Gaelan Bayle, and Jan Jansen!

Hilariously great idea, I might actually be tempted.

Hrhr... yeah, i was thinking about Noober + Neeber Duo too! :dancing: 

Nice going Noober!  I am rooting for you.  I didn't even think about completely avoiding the combat.  There is no reason you have to kill them all.

The group outside Heritage tower can probably be kited away - most of the enemies are weak and slow and you can always rest after killing a couple since enemies never re-spawn.  The small confines of the tower itself will be the hard part.  If it were possible to sneak past them to the stairs, that would be ideal.  It is only two levels until you reach the top.

Thanks! I will try to get more items and power before going into Heritage Hill. I think the tower will be the most critical point in Act 2. The rest should be doable. Well, theoretically. :devil:

there is still that one bugged clock that gives you permanent invisibility when you are critically hit, although I can't remember the name.

that could let you play through the game, assuming you can somehow survive a single critical hit in the difficult encounters and hurry before the next patch ;)

Yeah that sounds great but as i stated earlier: No game breaking bugs allowed! :biggrin:

Next Challenge:  Purposely make the worse possible characters through reverse min/maxing and you must defeat all enemies in the game on POTD.  You get to level them and have 6 party members, but they have to have the worse abilities, talents and stat distribution you can think of.  Items are allowed, but they must be universally considered the worst in the game and have no synergy, or if possible anti-synergy.  Furthermore, all of the character model customizations must be the most ugly and/or funny combination you can come up with.  Cheese is only allowed if it is funny cheese.

Sounds funny!!! Try this Braven - please. I only have one life (and an angry wife). :biggrin:

Update: Thanks to the +2 Mechanic-Resting-Bonus from Caed Nua Noober managed to infitrate Raedrics Keep where he finally got the +2 Mechanic Gloves.

Another thing why Rangers are great: Even if you cant disarm traps and they instakill you, the game will not end thanks to your pet. Once you got up again you can loot the treasure normally - great! :yes:

In that spiked floor, in the endless path, I just let wolfie die, over and over again, in order to scout out the room because there is absolutely no penalty for doing so. Having an immortal pet has lots of uses. Also, I have noticed bugs sometimes where you can both "die", the enemies will wander off and you will both get up again. Or sometimes they will stick around, wolfie will get up, make one attack and get knocked down again over and over. Oh, the bugs.

Edited by Braven

The Sanatorium isnt something i am worrying about. Why? Because Noober already finished it.

That's hilarious :)

Level 1 finishes Sanitarium. And here am I, with lvl 12 party who haven't even started  the "The Man Who Waits" quest yet...

Edited by MaxQuest

Noober has finished Cliaban Rilag - damn this took too much time. :biggrin:

Tactic was as usual. Play the hit & run game while cheesing around with the enemies maximum engagement range. Saved the summons for the Trolls, the Slimes and the Animats. It took nearly forever to take down the regenerating Ghost on level 2 while the Phantoms were usually one shotted thanks to Noobers new Exceptional Arbalest (+25% Corrode Dmg!!). For the water blights he switched to his magic wand and shot them down one after another - nothing special. Will be heading to Heritage Hill or doing the quests of the Dozens soon.

Noober found +5 Accuracy Gloves in Raedrcis Keep so his accuracy is now boosted to "gigantic" 53 (+5 with Racial Bonus, no food buffs included). Will this be enough later on?

• Like 2

Noober has finished Cliaban Rilag - damn this took too much time. :biggrin:

Tactic was as usual. Play the hit & run game while cheesing around with the enemies maximum engagement range. Saved the summons for the Trolls, the Slimes and the Animats. It took nearly forever to take down the regenerating Ghost on level 2 while the Phantoms were usually one shotted thanks to Noobers new Exceptional Arbalest (+25% Corrode Dmg!!). For the water blights he switched to his magic wand and shot them down one after another - nothing special. Will be heading to Heritage Hill or doing the quests of the Dozens soon.

Noober found +5 Accuracy Gloves in Raedrcis Keep so his accuracy is now boosted to "gigantic" 53 (+5 with Racial Bonus, no food buffs included). Will this be enough later on?

You are actually still brave enough to shoot your crossbow?!  Nice job!

I like how you are not only succeeding, but are able to do so while also avoiding even more cheese like stacking massive food buffs.  I consider hit and run at least realistic.  The fact eating mountains and mountains of food will result into a greatly improved abilities instead of simply falling into a food coma... not so much.

If Noober is not afraid to melee, one-handed style will give you +12 more accuracy ( or +7 since you lose the distant advantage racial). ;)

The accuracy potions are also very easy to come by, if you find you need them.

Next Challenge:  Iron Man Noober!

Edited by Braven

Iron Man Noober? I want to see that! I am playing Iron Man and i have to cheese so hard - my Character has been knocked out 6 times... noober wont be able to win the game (dont see him killing thaos), ironman noober? Jeah right :D

You are actually still brave enough to shoot your crossbow?!  Nice job!

If Noober is not afraid to melee, one-handed style will give you +12 more accuracy ( or +7 since you lose the distant advantage racial). ;)

The accuracy potions are also very easy to come by, if you find you need them.

Next Challenge:  Iron Man Noober!

Sure Noober is still shooting. He is the chicken master so hit & run matches his nature perfectly. :biggrin:

One-handed style is out of reach - no leveling up. And dont forget: He is running around with ~60 endurance and nearly no deflection so most enemies right now will nearly instakill him. Ranged combat is far superior - if you can pull if off.

Accuracy potions are saved only for real tough encounters. Believe it or not: Most of the time i am not using any potions or food buffs. Its just not needed and a waste of gold.

Iron Man Noober? Not in this life! :devil:

Edited by Harpagornis

You don't need a talent to get the +12 accuracy.  It is just built into the game's mechanics when you hold a one-handed weapon with no shield (to make up for the fact you have no shield or second weapon).  Ironically, it is better to just have nothing than an unenchanted shield, if you consider deflection and accuracy to be equally important.

And I agree, stick to the ranged weapon.  The one-handed weapon was more of a joke suggestion. ;)

Nice choice with getting the exceptional weapon.  Since you can't enchant your weapon (due to level requirements), you need one that already has the best quality enchants.

Edited by Braven

You don't need a talent to get the +12 accuracy.  It is just built into the game's mechanics when you hold a one-handed weapon with no shield (to make up for the fact you have no shield or second weapon).  Ironically, it is better to just have nothing than an unenchanted shield, if you consider deflection and accuracy to be equally important.

And I agree, stick to the ranged weapon.  The one-handed weapon was more of a joke suggestion. ;)

Nice choice with getting the exceptional weapon.  Since you can't enchant your weapon (due to level requirements), you need one that already has the best quality enchants.

Ah, thats new for me as i never ever played weapon & shield chars and the last time i put Eder into the party is so far away... hrhr... that happens when you nearly only play solo. :biggrin:

Yeah, the exceptional weapons pushed Noobers powers to a new level that - so far - is working quite well. We will see how long this works.

For the tower in Heritage Hill he has buffed his Stealth to 6. Will this be enough or is heavy cheese required? Or maybe its the end of all hopes?

In the next days we will have an answer! :yes:

Besides unlocking talents and abilities, leveling up doesn't really do -all- that much to make you more powerful.  You get more endurance (doesn't matter if you don't get hit), +3 to defense stats (again, doesn't matter if you don't get hit), and +3 accuracy.  It does not increase your standard attack damage output at all.  So the only thing you really need to be concerned about is not getting hit and having enough accuracy to hit things.  A couple good items (like those bracers and enchanted weapon) and a high initial Perception and accuracy can easily make up for several levels.

I think the original game (pre-expansion) was designed to be beaten at around level 10-11 which is only about 30 accuracy you need to make up for, half of that covered with your class pick and stats.

Edited by Braven

Yeah, thats why Noober maxed Perception to 20 and has chosen Wood Elf for even more accuracy. Its quite cool that in PoE better items do not have any level requirement.

Not getting hit is the most important part so especially mages and gunners are the main targets. Worked pretty well even against the full party that was hunting the Dragon Egg. After the ranged attackers - and the monk - were dead the rest was easy thanks to good old bear running in circles. :biggrin:

Maybe Noober will try to finish the quests of the Dozens first. I am a bit terrified getting into this damn tower in Heritage Hill.

Noober also bought the hat with 3x charm but so far hasnt been using it much. Maybe it will be key later on...

In my opinion, the dozen's quest line is way, way, way harder than the other two.  I don't know if it just got harder with the last patch, or was always insane.  I had a hard time with a leveled up ranger  and had to use a lot of items and a lot of reloads.  There are a ton of unavoidable, powerful creatures you have to kill in order to get the Spear and end the final quest.

I recommend you pick one of the other two factions.  The easiest is the mob family since it requires basically no fighting.  You have to fight one slow paladin which you can kite all day (not that you need to - he is weak) and that is it.  Also comes with something like 15k in gold.

Besides, I can see Noober joining the Mob (they could use him to harass the authorities), but I don't think the dozens would want anything to do with him.

Edited by Braven

Hhhhmmmmm... the problem with the Doemenels is the fight against the bandits in the small house. Five enemies - three of them high dps - with no room for kiting. I have tried it several times and failed miserably. What would your strategy be here? Maybe i should get more figurines first? But even then it would be very tough.  If i cant get through them and the Dozens are also too hard then.... well, then it might be over no? :biggrin:

For all readers just joining in - here is a short summary:

Name: Noober

Class: Ranger

Race: Wood Elf

Pet: Bear

Act 1:

Finished!

Act 2:

Cliaban Rilag: Finished

Sanatorium: Finished

Heritage Hill: To be done

Faction Quests: To be done